[ CLOSED♥ ] NOVUS rpg
[AW] it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - Printable Version

+- [ CLOSED♥ ] NOVUS rpg (https://novus-rpg.net)
+-- Forum: Realms (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Denocte (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+---- Thread: [AW] it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] (/showthread.php?tid=1719)

it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - Rostislav - 02-23-2018

I climb to the raised dias where Reichenbach once addressed us all in merriment, making announcements of his regime and counsel. Damaris follows behind, making much less racket than my own hooves do on the stone. A quick glance around the courtyard shows one or two horses that seem to be casually enjoying themselves, but I don't immediately see any that I recognize or am looking for.

"Alright ya bastards, let's get to it! We've got work to do." Not a very nice way to summon all of the warrior-folk, but my job description doesn't necessarily include being nice. I mentally go through the list of those I expect to come. Aislinn, of course, as the Champion of Battle. I should have spoken to her about this before gathering everyone, but that thought hadn't occurred to me until now. I'd say Nora and Noah but I haven't seen them around in so long -- not since the days of the search for the Relic of the Gods. I don't expect to see them now. Leaving... Lumaris, Erum, Morrigan, Kaisar, Tarquin, Nerissa, and Black Plague. Not that I know many of these faces (have I met any of them, actually?) but the list is easily acquired when you know who to ask. And of course Reichenbach. The King a warrior just as any.

Damaris sits by my side, poised and regal as always. I smile down at her. For once, this good idea was my own. A competition of sorts, for warriors to practice their fighting skills. I'd thought about doing something like this before, but it never really took place. Now, with all the hubbub and discord going on between the Courts, it seems a better time than ever to make sure we are all ready and prepared.

Get excited, I'm gettin' a little tourney started! Reply here by Mar 2 to be included. **STRONGLY ENCOURAGED** Prizes for winning the tourney: experience ;), bragging rights, and 250 signos donated from yours truly.
Tag: @Erum @Aislinn @Reichenbach @Dovev
UPDATED: Sorry about the late start date - the activity check threw a wrench in everything! Please reply by end of Mar 21 and I'll start this!

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - Aislinn - 02-23-2018

she's a tornado
with pretty eyes and a heartbeat..

Too long had she been wrapped in bloody bandages and made weak by a Solterran's hands. Too long had she looked upon the pink blossoms of spring and seen her blood spilled on snow instead. Too long had the storm that wrecked havoc inside her lay dormant. Slumbering. Chained within the confines of her skin and bones. So now, when she had heard the whisperings for Calligo's protectors to convene.. Aislinn could not ignore the call.

As she walks, Aislinn tests the mobility of her healed wing. Not so long ago, the bones had been ripped, ruined; the once beautiful plumes shredded from her skin in plucks of skin from his teeth. Now, Reichenbach's healers have done wonders for her. Although she had yet to taste the air with newborn flight, the stormsinger's wing was made new again. She felt surprisingly rejuvenated, despite the anxiousness that had settled within her like a second shadow. All she needed, to her healer's protests, was a good old fashioned brawl.

To this day, there was nothing like settling frustration and pent up anger like the ache of fresh bruises and torn knuckles.

Alright ya bastards, let's get to it!

Aislinn stops short of the dais overlooking the square, with storm-wrought orbs on her friend. She expected nothing less from Rostislav. He was just as much a soldier as she; after all, he was their king's chosen Warden. And she, his Champion. Even now, she could still recall the first time they had met with crystalline clarity. A summer night born under a sea of their goddess' stars, and together, they had battled with no names, no titles. Only their fists and mutual burn for the battlefield. In that way, they were very much alike. And in that moment, when she did not know at the time, Aislinn had gained a new friend. A colleague. A comrade in war.

A low chuckle rumbles deep in her throat, but it is one of amusement. Excitement. Things she had not felt in some time, that they almost were entirely foreign to her. She welcomed it gladly, dipping her eyes and her crown in respect to Rostislav. As she blinked upwards, Aislinn sought to catch his gaze. Her orbs land upon Damaris, before swirling into twin blue hurricanes that sweep over the crowd gathered here. Faces new and old it would seem have found themselves rapt to hear their Warden's words.

Funny, how she was their leader and barely recognized a single face. She would need to remedy that.

Her voice finds her, raspy and light on her lips as she tilts her head at her friend. "Let's hear it then," she muses, "you know better than anyone that I can't say no to a fight."

@rostislav ♡ welp here. because liquid time is a thing xD

space

RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - Reichenbach - 02-28-2018

EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE LIKE ME
THE VILLAIN IS THE ONE THAT YOU CAME TO SEE

"Alright ya bastards, let's get to it! We've got work to do."

Reichenbach grinned as the booming voice echoed over the shifting backs of the warriors assembled, his silver eyes going straight to the muscular Warden standing above them all. Finally, Rostislav the warrior had returned to his roots, and didn't stink so badly of booze — though there was still a faint smell. Old habits did die hard, and Reich had never had concern over Rosti's drinking anyway... at least when he remained in Denocte. 

He made his way toward the man, noticing Aislinn's slim figure as she crowed to the Warden. Despite their recent misgivings, Aislinn remained true to Night, a fierce Champion of Battle. He'd hoped their recent fight had beaten some of the anger out of both of them — though he had been giving the silver haired stormstress space to heal... both from physical and mental injuries. 

So when he spoke he was still a few strides away from the stormsinger, glancing at her with amused eyes as he responded in turn —

"I'm ready."

He grinned, vitality rolling off him in waves — it was time to put that warrior training to good use, King or no.

@Rostislav @Aislinn

space

RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - Acton - 03-02-2018

Acton watched with interest as their grizzled Warden climbed the dias, noting with amusement that there was no intoxicated wobble to his steps. Maybe that had something to do with his familiar, a fierce-looking creature that stuck to him like a shadow.

At the words Rosti issued the buckskin huffed a laugh, casting his gaze around the courtyard to see who might respond. There were fewer than he’d expected: a motley crew, really, until the gypsy-girl stepped forward like a summer storm cloud. He watched Aislinn approach with quiet admiration; they weren’t terribly similar (she seemed to have an unfortunate set of restrictive morals) but she was one of them and by no means delicate, even if she had been half-plucked by a Day court stallion.

He was not at all surprised to see their king follow suit; Reichenbach was a man of many passions, and loathe to miss out on a one of them. As the big man climbed the steps, Acton followed behind.

“Good to see you back among the living, Ash,” he said with an impish wink, then turned to his king and dropped his muzzle in a nod. By the time he got to Rostislav, he was grinning, half-wondering if the Warden would remember him this time around. He supposed it wasn’t totally the stallion’s drinking to blame; Acton had made a point to stay scarce among the more respectable sides of court life.

“I’m no soldier,” he said, “but I am a bastard. And I can’t turn down a chance at being rewarded for a brawl.”

Besides, Raum had wagered him a hefty bag of shekels that he would come out on the losing end of things, and Acton could never resist a bet.

Even if it meant getting his ass kicked in the process.

@Rostislav @Aislinn @Reichenbach not a warrior, just a cad, but wanted to help with the numbers

these violent delights have violent ends

RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - Eidolon - 03-16-2018

Come to me in the night hours
I will wait for you

Brought out of the peace of his thoughts by a gruff voice, Eidolon perked his ears and swiveled his head towards the affronting noise. He was curious. Being new in this place had that effect on him. Beside the point, it seemed someone in charge was calling a gathering of ‘bastards’. Amused, the void-tangled stallion made his way that direction. It was about time he acquainted himself with the people that ran his new home. As well as those he would be sharing it with. Besides Jezanna, who hardly counted as a companion as it was, he had yet to meet most of the Night Court. Or any other court for that matter. And only just recently had he begun to gather news of the other courts through muffled conversations about the area. Hooves scraping quietly against the ground he could hear a few more voices added to the first. There was a small crowd gathered, and unfortunately, Eidolon knew none of them. Best, he thought, to stick to the back of the group then. From what he had gathered, it looked like some sort of tournament was about to unfold.

While he was not exactly seasoned in battle like the others may have been, Eidolon liked to fancy himself a decent warrior. He would know if that were true soon enough. Ruffling the feathers of his wings, he gave a nod and managed to get out a few words, “I hope you don’t mind the addition of a newcomer in this brawl.” Briefly a curious smile flashed across his face. Socializing was not his greatest strength, but he did his best to ensure it did not show so blatantly.

Taking a moment, he got a good look at everyone gathered. They all seemed rather excited for this; worked up to grins and an overall look of readiness. Eidolon, on the other hand, was a bit pensive though carried himself well enough. Truth be told he had never really fought without the magic he once controlled and even then there had been little reason to get into conflict. Without it this would be a good test of what he was really capable of. And quite possibly an embarrassing one.

tags, etc

RE: it's not rigged. maybe. [warrior meeting] - Rostislav - 04-03-2018

I look around at those gathered. It's not nearly as many as I had hoped, but perhaps that's just what I get for being gone and not paying attention to our roster. I swallow a tempting sigh, and try to remember to be thankful for those that HAVE shown up. After all, they barely know me, and I've yet to really give them a reason to respect me as their Warden or have them listen to me at all. I glance at Aislinn, the first to show up, and feel the relief course through me that she is by my side. She's proven herself much more than I have. Not that I don't think I can command a crowd, but it helps to have a little back-up if the crowd gets ideas of their own.

A smile slips onto my lips as our rag-tag leader appears as well. Then Acton, the youth with the ginormous dragon appears, though he doesn't identify as a warrior. Finally a stranger appears, and my smile broadens further. It's good to see that there are unfamiliar faces willing to answer my call as well. Mentally I note that Erum is absent, and Morrigan. There are others I thought would attend, but they... appear to have left Novus altogether. All the more reason to strengthen and hone those that remain!

"Newcomers are always welcome, and as Acton points out, you don't need to be a soldier to be a bastard." I smirk at the four of them, thinking that all but perhaps the newcomer may be categorized as such. Well, maybe not Aislinn. I dunno. Maybe. "To cut to the chase: I'm organizing a little tournament -- emphasis on 'little' seeing how there's so few of us -- to sharpen our skills as fighters. Or," I glance at Acton. "Round out your skill set. As warriors we need to be at the top of our game and there's no better way than to train with your comrades."

I walk before them, eyeing each of them up and down. The assessment is more for show than any real analyzing. I'll pair us up at random. Having passed the last of them I halt and turn around. "I will pair off with Acton first.. Aislinn can battle whomever of us wins. Reich and -- you, newbie, you two together. That'll give us a good starting point." Damaris remains silent and in her place, watching us all with keen eyes. I often think she sees and understands much more than I do, even for being a different species. I think perhaps she will comment on the proceedings, but still she is quiet. I give her a gruff but large smile, feeling rather accomplished.

Tag: @Aislinn @Acton @Reichenbach @Eidolon @omgsorryItooksolong
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x