[ CLOSED♥ ] NOVUS rpg
Updating an Item - Printable Version

+- [ CLOSED♥ ] NOVUS rpg (https://novus-rpg.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Item Redemptions (https://novus-rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Thread: Updating an Item (/showthread.php?tid=3060)

Updating an Item - Novus Team - 01-12-2019

UPDATING A RESTRICTED ITEM

If you have purchased an accessory, enchantment, outfit, armor or weapon, you have the ability to change it's appearance once every IC year (eight real life months). To do so, you must post a form below so that staff can review, accept the change, and adjust our records.

Be advised: this DOES NOT allow use of both the original item and a "second version."
Once an item has officially been updated, you can only use the new version of the item. The old version of the item is considered officially retired and cannot be used. If you wish to have a second item, it must be purchased separately.

In the case of magic, if you would like to make a major change (ie changing elements), the Change Magic item must be purchased. Small updates, such as updating Tiers, are free; simply message staff to conduct another review!

For more information on the general restricted item process, please read this guidebook page.

Changing Active Magic

Code:
<blockquote>
<span class="officialheader">Changing Active Magic</span>

<u><b>Information</b></u>
<b>Character with Item:</b> @NAME - LINK TO CHARACTER ACCOUNT THAT HAS THE ITEM NEEDING TO BE UPDATED

<b>Link to original form:</b> LINK TO THE ORIGINAL FORM YOU POSTED IN THE REDEMPTION THREAD
<b>Date of Purchase:</b> WHAT DATE DID YOU PURCHASE THE ORIGINAL ACTIVE MAGIC?
<b>Last Update:</b> WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU UPDATED YOUR ACTIVE MAGIC? IF NEVER, PUT "N/A"
<b>Have you purchased the 'Change Magic' item?</b> YES OR NO
<b>-- If no:</b> IF 'NO' TO ABOVE QUESTION, HOW WAS IT OBTAINED? IF A CONTEST PRIZE, APPLICABLE THREAD LINKS MUST BE INCLUDED

<b>One/Two-word description of NEW Active Magic:</b> FOR STAFF TO PUT IN THE RECORDS & YOUR CHARACTER'S POSTBIT
<b>Opting for having a NEW related Parvus Magic?</b> YES OR NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A PARVUS MAGIC - ITS A BONUS
<b>-- If yes, give a brief description:</b> MUST BE RELATED IN SOME FASHION AND MAKE SENSE, CANNOT BE ACTIVELY CONTROLLED, MUST BE WRITTEN OUT IN PROFILE TOO
<b>Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out?</b> YES OR NO, MUST DESCRIBE BOTH THE ACTIVE AND PARVUS (IF PARVUS WAS OPTED FOR) AND HAVE A CLEAR CHANGE FROM THE OLD MAGIC LEVELS.
<b>How does the NEW Magic relate to your Court?</b> EXPLAIN HOW YOUR MAGIC CAN BE LINKED TO YOUR COURT'S IDEALS AND/OR WHY YOUR CHARACTER WOULD HAVE THIS MAGIC

<b>Reason for Changing:</b> ANY EXPLANATION FOR CHANGING? IC REASON? OOC REASON?

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I understand that I can only change my character's enchanted item once every IC year (eight months), and that I must contact staff before doing so. If I am found using a Magic other than the one described in my profile, both my Active Magic and Change Magic items will be revoked without refund. I am not able to mention this magic change in my IC posts until the staff have officially approved/redeemed it.

<b>Signed:</b> YOUR OOC NAME

~~~
</blockquote>

Updating an Accessory

Code:
<blockquote>
<span class="officialheader">Updating Accessory</span>

<b>Character with Item:</b> @NAME - LINK TO CHARACTER ACCOUNT THAT HAS THE ITEM NEEDING TO BE UPDATED

<b>Link to original form:</b> LINK TO THE ORIGINAL FORM YOU POSTED IN THE REDEMPTION THREAD
<b>Date of Purchase:</b> WHAT DATE DID YOU PURCHASE THE ITEM TO BE UPDATED?
<b>Last Update:</b> WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU UPDATED SAID ITEM? IF NEVER, PUT "N/A"

<b>Old Item Description:</b> DESCRIBE WHAT THE OLD ITEM LOOKED LIKE
<b>New Item Description:</b> DESCRIBE WHAT THE NEW ITEM LOOKS LIKE
<b>Reason for Changing:</b> ANY EXPLANATION FOR CHANGING? IC REASON? OOC REASON?

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I understand that I can only change my character's accessory once every IC year (eight months), and that I must contact staff before doing so. If I am found using an accessory other than the one described in my profile, my purchased item will be revoked without refund. I am not able to mention this accessory in my IC posts until the staff have officially approved/redeemed it.

~~~
</blockquote>

Updating an Enchantment

Code:
<blockquote>
<span class="officialheader">Updating an Enchantment</span>

<b>Last Update:</b> WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU UPDATED SAID ITEM? IF NEVER, PUT "N/A"

<b>Old Item Description:</b> DESCRIBE WHAT THE OLD ENCHANTMENT DID
<b>New Item Description:</b> DESCRIBE WHAT THE NEW ENCHANTMENT DOES

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I understand that I can only change my character's enchanted item once every IC year (eight months), and that I must contact staff before doing so. If I am found using an enchanted item other than the one described in my profile, my purchased item will be revoked without refund. I am not able to mention this enchanted item in my IC posts until the staff have officially approved/redeemed it.

~~~
</blockquote>

Updating an Outfit

Code:
<blockquote>
<span class="officialheader">Updating Outfit</span>

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I understand that I can only change my character's outfit once every IC year (eight months), and that I must contact staff before doing so. If I am found using an outfit other than the one described in my profile, my purchased item will be revoked without refund. I am not able to mention this outfit in my IC posts until the staff have officially approved/redeemed it.

~~~
</blockquote>

Updating Armor

Code:
<blockquote>
<span class="officialheader">Updating Armor</span>

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I understand that I can only change my character's armor once every IC year (eight months), and that I must contact staff before doing so. If I am found using a set of armor other than the one described in my profile, my purchased item will be revoked without refund. I am not able to mention this armor in my IC posts until the staff have officially approved/redeemed it.

~~~
</blockquote>

Updating a Weapon

Code:
<blockquote>
<span class="officialheader">Updating Weapon</span>

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I understand that I can only change my character's weapon once every IC year (eight months), and that I must contact staff before doing so. If I am found using a weapon other than the one described in my profile, my purchased item will be revoked without refund. I am not able to mention this weapon in my IC posts until the staff have officially approved/redeemed it.

~~~
</blockquote>