Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - clear the skies from smoke

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Orion

ORION
exiled prince

This place held so many beautiful flowers, and perhaps it had many secrets that he could uncover. Orion wondered, if perhaps, he could uncover the secrets it held, the wonders of the landscape, carefully pick at them and learn them, perhaps even share them if he found them.

The hope of seeing the sunsets and sunrises here swelled in his chest, and Orion could feel the warmth of it in his ribs, in his stomach. It made him smile, made him sigh out softly as he imagined such things, even the stars. Perhaps they would look brighter here, a better view. "Oh? I wouldn't be opposed to viewing the sunsets and sunrises with you. I'm sure you know the best place to view it all." After all, Somnus had told him he'd been around for a year.

As they stepped within the Citadel, he was aware of the clip and clop of their hooves, the sounds of each step they took. It felt... strange, being back in such a place. Like an old coat that was a perfect fit after eons. Years. Orion shook the feeling off himself just a little, before he let out the softest breath. "Staying in the Citadel would... well, I would certainly enjoy it, I believe. If there are others here too, I could meet them."

"I would love to be shown a room," he mentioned. His voice was soft, and he only glanced about the place as he walked, slow and steady. It was nice, too, being in the company of the dunalino pegasus.

@Somnus || omg it's 7 am, and i dont know if this makes sense i'm so sorry ksjflkdfj

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

S O M N U S

’I would love to be shown a room.’

Somnus gave a nod, pleasant and patient. So be it. He had no qualms in giving Orion a tour, not when the lad was such a pleasant sort, eager, poised, and polite. There was much to see even outside of the capitol itself, but that would take additional time that they just did not have. It would have to be a whole day affair to skirt the lands that Delumine was made up of, and nearly an entire week to truly explore the land in its entirety. One day, perhaps.

Once the Citadel doors were opened and they were stepping inside the mortar halls, Somnus guided Orion through the stone hallways at the same leisurely pace that they had traipsed the gardens and courtyard with. There was no rush, after all, and Somnus quite enjoyed to take his time. Patience bred virtue, and all that. Wasn’t that what Ulric said on occasion? Something of the sort, certainly.

“There are plenty of rooms available. You’re welcome to pick whichever one you wish, so long as it’s not occupied, of course.” He paused with a rueful grin, verdant eyes glittering in the sparse light that filtered in through open windows. Together then, they wandered the hallways and the Dawn King pointed out and explained rooms of importance. The smaller library, which he took time to explain was not their grand library, for that was in the Viride Forest, but it was a quaint place to go when one needed a good book in the middle of the night. The kitchens, offices, court rooms, and so on, until they reached some of the living quarters. The rooms, crude and barren though they were, would serve nicely to one who so desired to settle down. It wasn’t much, far from a grand castle, but it was home. Hopefully someday soon, Orion would think that way towards Delumine.

”Here are some of the rooms; feel free to claim one as your own. I fear some of them might be rather barren…” Somnus frowned, hoping that the spotted grullo wouldn’t be put off by such a fact. “But please, make yourself at home here, Orion. If you need anything, anything at all, please come and find me. I’ll do what I can to assist you in settling down here.”

The Dawn King gave a nod then, a formal sort of dip of his head, obsidian horn catching the rays of light that filtered in from the nearby windows. Upon his croup, Alba bobbed her head. “It’s been a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I look forward to spending more time with you, and getting to know you better. Should you need anything and cannot find me, just send a page my way.”

With that and a final farewell, Somnus turned to disappear down the hallway, hoping to finish the chapter of the latest novel that had captured his attention.

xx
space

Somnus’ exit post.
@Orion – Please excuse this not so good post. Just something quick so we can wrap this up!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Orion

ORION
exiled prince

The room was perfect, and his ears flicked as he turned his gaze toward the dunalino, offering a small smile. "Farewell for now, Somnus," he offered softly, and his head turned as he allowed himself to delve a little more in to his room. He was more than content making the room his own, and allowing himself rest after the long day.

END!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »