Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - 'cause i've been waiting. [Festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

It was easy to forget that they were naught but strangers as he stood within Ipomoea’s vibrant presence. It was easy to slip into that relaxing, casual air around him, as though in the company of an old, intimate friend. It was the same familiarity he normally reserved for those who knew him best; like Ulric, perhaps, if he were making recent comparisons. Unbidden, Somnus’ head began to dip and nod in time with the new song that had since picked up, ears perked forward as he absorbed the jovial tune, but still clearly keeping his focus on that of the Dawn Emissary. Sharp verdant eyes remained upon the painted youth, watching the pull of his lips as they formed a warm smile, the dancing personification of life that swam within rich eyes.

“Perhaps we have,” Somnus praised knowingly, allowing himself to feel a bit of pride at their success. The planning for the festival had been daunting, sure, but together they had all pulled together, creating something positively magical and beautiful. Although his time within Novus was brief, the golden tactician was quite certain that he shared Ipomoea’s sentiments that this was, perhaps, the most fun he’d had in some time, sans the stress and anxiety. The loss of Vhallen was still one that he carried, the unfathomable ache of losing his kind, passionate King still fresh, but these happy times helped heal those old wounds. Maybe soon they wouldn’t sting so deeply.

At the younger male’s innocent inquiry as to his person, Somnus returned his easy-going smile and nodded his head once more, this one not in time with the tune that sang through the air. “Indeed I am. It’s a pleasure, Ipomoea, truly. Our meeting has been long overdue.” He paused, albeit briefly, letting his body begin to sway slightly with the pull of music, ever mindful of his space so as not to bump into anyone who may be passing by. “Although I must say, I’m pleased to meet you under such jovial circumstances. It makes for a memorial occasion.”

The song eventually faded into the clear sky, the last notes drifting into silence, but it wasn’t long afterwards that another picked up in its place. Still Somnus swayed, allowing the stress, the worries, the anxieties of hoping that everyone else enjoyed themselves to slip from his shoulders. For now, he only wanted to enjoy himself, to take a few selfish moments to satisfy his own needs and wants. So accustomed was he to ensuring the satisfaction of others that he easily overlooked himself. Now, however, was time for fun. Flashing emerald eyes glanced to the crowds before looking back to Ipomoea, and Somnus’ smile grew, dark lips pulling back with a flash of teeth in an eager grin.

“Would you care to join me for a dance, good Po?”

@Ipomoea! So sorry for the wait! <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
'cause i've been waiting. [Festival] - by Ipomoea - 11-04-2017, 05:10 PM
RE: 'cause i've been waiting. [Festival] - by Ipomoea - 11-06-2017, 01:37 AM
RE: 'cause i've been waiting. [Festival] - by Somnus - 11-20-2017, 07:53 PM