Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Lyra!!! on ice

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Seree

The taller mare laughed.

"It certainly isn't at that. Much less this gliding that I seem to have somehow stumbled on."

Now that Seree was stopped, they weren't so sure if they wanted to start moving again or to stay still. When moving it was like... so long as they kept moving, they had an easier time of staying upright. It was easier to speed up when they were already moving, much harder to get it started. But slowing down was still quite tricky, and they knew that if they started pushing again, they'd have to stop eventually.

At the same time, as short as their glides had been, it had been so nice to have the wind pulling at their mane like that, and it was such a peculiar sensation to be sliding yet not falling, so fun. It was... exciting, and they wanted more of that feeling. Even if stopping the fun was proving to be a little difficult.

They snorted amicably.

"It's probably made even harder by the fact that I was born in Solterra, and never learned how to walk on ice as a child, making this all quite foreign. But, no time like the present, I suppose."

They dipped their head in a friendly greeting with a smile as the other mare introduced herself.

"Seree, Seree Quyi. Born to the Day Court but long since decided to make the Night Court my home."

Seree looked down at their hooves at that, just now realizing how close they were to the woman. They didn't mind personal contact in the slightest, but could see how the situation could fast get awkward for others, and perhaps moving away would be in their best interest. But then again, they had yet to try going backwards...

No time like the present.

They figured that they should probably push with their forehooves rather than back for this, and gingerly raised a hoof, and stretched it forward the tiniest bit before giving a quick, but little push against the ice, loosening their other legs while still keeping stable as they moved back a scant few inches before friction stopped them again. They turned their gaze to their other leg and repeated the process, still keeping a very keen eye on where they put their hooves. One of their back legs wobbled a little, but they kept steady.

When they had stopped and put a more comfortable distance between the two mares back, so that they weren't invading anyone's personal space, they looked up with a smile.

"There we go, now we're not practically on top of each other anymore."

@Lyra

OOC: They were a skater horse, she said see you later horse.

Messages In This Thread
Lyra!!! on ice - by Seree - 01-04-2018, 12:20 AM
RE: Lyra!!! on ice - by Lyra - 02-13-2018, 04:10 PM
RE: Lyra!!! on ice - by Seree - 03-01-2018, 02:46 AM
RE: Lyra!!! on ice - by Lyra - 03-28-2018, 01:26 AM
RE: Lyra!!! on ice - by Seree - 05-11-2018, 04:30 PM