Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Midnight Excerpts

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

i’d like to let you know that boys cry, too
The reptilian scales sparkled magnificently when the light caught them, seeming to set the stranger’s coat on fire. Ipomoea was tempted to stare at them, captivated as he was by the many colors dancing across their smooth surfaces that invited him to draw nearer. He almost gave in; rarely had he seen colors so bright and pure as the one’s he was now presented with, captured within the stranger’s gemstones. Ipomoea couldn’t help but wonder: did this honey and cream layered man realize just what beauty he harnessed, the sheer worth of his skin?

But Ipomoea refrained from touching—barely.

”Fortunate indeed.” He nodded along agreeably, shifting his focus to the cloak being spoken of in an attempt to clear his mind.

Only to find himself distracted once more by the pastel colors and the gentle way it clung to, and covered, the entirety of his milky body, leaving much to the imagination.

It was a good thing the antlered man spoke again first, for if he hadn’t, Ipomoea might very well have never stopped his staring. An embarrassed smile tugged at the corners of his cherry stained lips, an apology present in his downcast eyes. ”Forgive me for staring, but I haven’t seen anyone else with such—scales—cast across their skin the way your’s are.” Of course, the scales weren’t the only thing Ipomoea was marveling (gawking) at; but the rest he could keep to himself for now. A blush heated his face, a few shades brighter than his already rosy cheeks. Of course, neither of these were enough to stop him from drawing closer by several steps, delighting in the company of this grinning man.

”Isorath,” he repeated, curiosity cooling the heat of his abashed face. ’I did not realize the Dusk Court had a new Regent.’ Not that he had met the last one, Maní; he never had taken up Florentine’s offer to visit the southern Court. ”We would be honored to join the Dusk Court in your festivities. It’s been too long since I, personally, spent time in Terrastella; it’d be a lie to say I didn’t miss it,” the admission slipped uncensored past his lips. Even when trying to be formal, Ipomoea couldn’t help the familiar way he addressed even strangers, as if everyone were a long lost friend of his.

Curiously, he watched Isorath’s head tilt back as if to welcome the incoming snow. He traced the line of his jaw up to his ivory antlers with a lazy gaze, leaning in subconsciously as he did. With a jerk, Ipomoea snapped himself back to attention.

”Would you like to come in from the cold, for a bit? We have cider and cocoa to warm you, perhaps I can summon King Kasil for a proper meeting.”

OOC | @isorath
coding by eshye
art by rhiann

Messages In This Thread
Midnight Excerpts - by Isorath - 01-04-2018, 09:38 AM
RE: Midnight Excerpts - by Ipomoea - 01-06-2018, 11:16 PM
RE: Midnight Excerpts - by Isorath - 01-08-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Midnight Excerpts - by Ipomoea - 01-20-2018, 02:03 AM