Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i'll be your sky

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Velorca

You're one microscopic cog
In his catastrophic plan,

She looked at him so intensely it felt almost as if she were scouring his soul, those amber eyes swallowing him until all he could see was deep, warm, luxurious gold. If he hadn't been so completely lost in that moment, her touch scattering him to the breeze, he might have leaped up and away and ran as fast as he could from the tentative trembling of his frozen heart. Would this be it? His first kiss? The first kiss he actually wanted to give, the first kiss that didn't taste of lies and betrayal. 

Lorca felt his breath catch in his throat as her eyes fluttered closed, those divine lashes brushing her cheekbones so lightly, so softly. He'd never found anyone as beautiful as her, had never considered that he might actually be attracted to someone, to anyone after... after it all. Usually at this stage his skin was crawling with revulsion, the sense of actually touching anyone marred completely by Zolin's selfish caress. 

But —

Her blushing lips pressed to his and the world changed

All of a sudden. Just like that.

Velorca leaned into the touch after but a moment, pressing his supple lips to hers as his carefully encased heart began to crumble. She leaned her head to his and he allowed it, his own liquid gold eyes remaining closed as he breathed in the scent of pine and primrose — memorising it, blending it together with the vision of her wine-dark skin. He ached all over, whether from fear or from desire he could not tell — though perhaps it was a little of both.

He'd thought he was entitled to only one beginning, yet here lay his second, the chance for Velorca Ludimyr to have something good in his life. 

She pulled away and he mourned the loss of her curls against his satin skin, mourned the casual brush of her breath mingling with his own. 

"Is it too late… to ask if you came alone?”

Lorca would have laughed if he wasn't still so lost, still reeling from the touch of her velveteen lips. Instead he rallied himself, pulling in those pieces of him that had fallen apart at her touch. 

"I came alone"

He confirmed huskily, though his aurelian eyes moved and caught on a lone figure in the distance. Even from so far he knew the sharp line of his Queen's body, thanked whatever Gods still listened that Avdotya would think of Cyrene as just another of his customers. Regardless, her appearance was signal enough that the night should end — that there would be consequences if Cyrene found herself entangled within Davke webs. 

Fear turned the warmth she had given him to ice and Lorca stood suddenly, towering above the lion-eyed girl still lying upon their log. He backed up a step, two, and subtly checked to see if anyone was watching them — Avdotya wasn't the only Davke here tonight. 

"I have to go."

Was his only explanation, his voice low, silky and unnervingly full of promise. Lorca made to leave swiftly, elegantly finding his way to the ground — but turned back, hesitating. 

"I'll find you again.."

Was his lingering promise, a slight reminder not to try and enter Solterra and a quiet reassurance that he would see her again. 

He couldn't bear not to.

@Cyrene the ending was a bit poo but I figured once Cy responds we can end this one here and start up a new one when she visits Solterra??

space

Messages In This Thread
i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 01-18-2018, 03:07 AM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Velorca - 01-18-2018, 09:23 PM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 01-19-2018, 12:52 AM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Velorca - 01-24-2018, 09:41 PM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 01-28-2018, 04:55 AM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Velorca - 01-31-2018, 10:47 PM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 02-05-2018, 04:55 AM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Velorca - 02-12-2018, 10:05 PM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 02-19-2018, 01:45 AM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Velorca - 02-21-2018, 01:24 AM