Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Painted Souls

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

HE USED TO CALL ME DN
THAT STOOD FOR DEADLY NIGHTSHADE
CAUSE I WAS FILLED WITH POISON
BUT BLESSED WITH BEAUTY AND RAGE

In the midst of laughter and dance and song, the stormsinger is alive.

She wanders, carefree and without destination, through the city streets that pulse with drums and party goers. The drums that beat with the strong of her heart are sweeter than any drug. For she is cradled in Calligo's shadows and smoke and stars, and the galaxies swirled upon the silk of her skin are a pledge to that fact. And although this festival is not of her homeland, the revelry sings to her so. For she is full to the brim in wild passion and the need to feel the embers of fire licking her skin under a sky of falling snow. All ice and heat and bliss.

Her thoughts are light light light, despite the heaviness that draws in lavender blossoms and gypsy coins and twilight clinging to mahogany skin.

Aimless, the stormsinger suddenly finds herself in the midst of a foreign castle, who's walls of smooth stone rise around her like glittering glass under the fading light. The beautiful colors flecked into the brick remind her of sea opal and sunsets — truly befitting of the kingdom of everlasting Dusk. Music and voices carry to her ears as she melts into the shadows; the darkness embracing her wholly. The hallway opens up like a serpent's mouth, a cavern of torchlight and a softness that reminds her of the inside of a pearl. She curves around the outside of the room, her gaze marking every face, until her ears flick with a familiar tone.. one that brings with it the sounds of ocean waves crashing against a cliff face, and wind flirting with the underside of her wings.

How about a dragon? Or Vespera?

He is just as she remembered — his beauty something akin to dragons slumbering on mounds of treasure, with the scales that flow across his skin in burnished gold. Once, they had met, like the stormchildren they were, at the edge of a hurricane's grasp as lightning crackled across a bruised sky. And then, once more, they were together along the curves of the sea, as the ocean sprayed at their underbellies and the wind carried them across the lands of Terrastella.

And now, the beloved kirin stood on the dais overlooking the throne room, with his wings outstretched and paint swirled across the ivory canvas of his frame.

Her heart began to swell.

From the shadows, she steps into the firelight. Her eyes are glimmering jewels that dance like flickering flames, but it is her smile that brightens the dark of her features. She cannot help but chuckle — a raspy, musical sound — as she watches the foals flit around the kirin with their paintbrushes stroking the expanse of his wings. The coins wrapped around her throat jingle with the song of her laughter like tiny bells. "You are a wonder to behold, friend," she says through soft, giggling fits. Her voice is as light as feather kisses, becoming the calm after a stormy sea. Blue orbs blink upwards to meet whorls of lilac. "How long has it been?"

I CAN HEAR SIRENS, SIRENS
HE HIT ME AND IT FELT LIKE A KISS
I CAN HEAR VIOLINS, VIOLINS
GIVE ME ALL OF THAT ULTRAVIOLENCE
@isorath bloop here ya go darling <3
"Aislinn speech."

Messages In This Thread
Painted Souls - by Isorath - 01-23-2018, 06:01 PM
RE: Painted Souls - by Aislinn - 01-28-2018, 03:57 AM
RE: Painted Souls - by Isorath - 01-28-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Painted Souls - by Aislinn - 02-03-2018, 01:46 AM
RE: Painted Souls - by Isorath - 02-13-2018, 05:44 AM