Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a winding, weaving fate

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pavetta

p a v e t t a - - -

I won’t let you fall.

A strange promise. Somehow she believed him. For the first time, Pavetta noticed certain shades of her late husband in Somnus’s stoic aspect. Serious and silent; laughter later rather than sooner. A soft voice that could silence a busy room; a proud bearing that was somehow humble at the same time. A lord among men. Somnus seemed warmer, though; sun through cloud after a spring rain. Her husband had possessed a temper like a mid afternoon thunderstorm, unpredictable and volatile. He had also been cold, uncertain how to express his feelings. Somnus seemed different, somehow. She had not known that men could have such softness about them, such carefulness. Pavetta felt it in the way he helped her to the stream, a gentle presence unwavering at her side.

You willingly serve? I suppose that does make a difference. So if you are not a servant, what do you receive in return for your services safeguarding the longevity of this Delumine?” Blunt, straightforward. She didn’t believe someone could serve willingly, and expect nothing in return. She had been born into a world where there was no give, only take. Pavetta shifted in the water so that her injured leg bore no weight, lightly moving it back and forth through the current so that the grime and grit would be rinsed from the wound.

Novus.

Pavetta pricked her ears at that. So it was true. She was no longer in the Rift, she was Elsewhere. Pavetta had only believed Elsewhere existed in fairy tales, a story made up by the Priestesses to scare children into behaving, otherwise they would be Banished to Elsewhere. She had not expected Elsewhere to be beautiful, had not expected this land of light and spring. Novus. “I see,” she said slowly, thoughtfully. Dawn, Day, Dusk, Night. Realms of power. Kings and queens. Where there was power and kings and queens, there was certainly war. Not so different than the Rift, after all. Somnus asked where she was from in a hesitant voice.

Oh, I’ve come from nowhere so grand as Novus. A realm called the Rift. It is a war torn place of shadow, monsters, and vengeful, deceitful gods.”  That are now rotting in their graves; some gods. “Valiant servants such as yourself are few and far between in the Rift.” Pavetta smiled faintly, her lips curling bitterly. “It would be more convenient for a passerby to leave me rather than aid me, because that would mean I would be dinner for the water nymphs and they may perhaps live another day. It’s a very dreary sort of place.” She shrugged all very matter-of-factly. “Perhaps you can tell me more of Novus later, if you find any brief respite from safeguarding the people of Delumine.”

She desired more knowledge of this new land, but found she was feeling faint once more after speaking and didn’t wish to take up anymore of this noble stranger’s time.  Surely he had other places to be, better things to do, more damsels in distress to save.

"Thank you for your help, I'll follow you to Delumine." And with that, she shuffled slowly after the regal pegasus and his owl.

isn't it a little late, shouldn't you fly away? 
little dove with cigarettes ---

@Somnus

Messages In This Thread
a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 02-09-2018, 09:15 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Somnus - 02-09-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 02-11-2018, 09:27 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Somnus - 02-16-2018, 11:37 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 02-18-2018, 04:31 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Somnus - 02-19-2018, 05:06 AM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 03-03-2018, 11:51 PM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Somnus - 03-06-2018, 02:34 AM
RE: a winding, weaving fate - by Pavetta - 03-08-2018, 07:44 PM