Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Too Much is Never Enough

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

I P O M O E A

”I will do my best to not fail your faith, nor the faith of our Court. I promise.” Somnus hadn’t needed to say so; Ipomoea would have assumed it of him, anyway. Even in his limited interactions with the dunalino, one thing had been made clear to him: Somnus was a man of loyalty, one of determination and stoic strength. One who always tried his best, who sought to be his best not only for himself, but for the sake of others.

Wasn’t that what the best kings were made of? Sure, they must also be wise and politically-minded, diplomatic, all those things that came to mind at the heels of the word “king.” But it seemed even better, in the rose-boy’s mind, to be kind and compassionate, to care for your Court and her people. What else would motivate a king to stick around, to act not in their best interest, but in the interest of their people, and to make decisions that would benefit them all? A selfish man was no true king, but Ipomoea would put money on his belief that Somnus had never been selfish.

“I know you will,” he answered simply, his young, naive honesty laced into each word of the short phrase. The world had always been so simple to him—despite his messy and unpredictable life, Po had a talent for making sense of it all, for trusting in others, for embracing the change that so many others might cower from. Despite his messy upbringing; despite being abandoned today by Kasil.

Because change might hurt, but he knew it was not the end. It was Somnus’ beginning as King, and Ipomoea’s beginning as Regent. ’Isn’t that how life works? When one door closes, another opens?’ So too, when one king stepped back, another would step forward.

His eyes were filled with hope, masking out the sadness that lingered beneath them.

“At your side it is, my friend.” Matching his stride to Somnus’, he made sure they walked together back to the Court, plucking a flower from the garden to braid into his forelock as they went.

@Somnus end scene <3
”here am i!“
space code
neverrmind art

Messages In This Thread
Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 02-22-2018, 05:57 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 02-22-2018, 10:30 PM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 02-23-2018, 02:20 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 02-25-2018, 06:59 PM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 02-26-2018, 05:54 AM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Ipomoea - 02-27-2018, 09:47 PM
RE: Too Much is Never Enough - by Somnus - 03-06-2018, 01:00 AM