Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stand by Me [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

SOMNUS

As the members gathered, there wasn’t much to be said other than what he had already stated. Yes, they needed to fill their ranks. They needed to bolster ever wall, fortify every mind, strengthen their numbers and confidence to something to be known, to be respected. After his piece, Ipomoea said his own, followed by Ulric. These were the only two he could trust at the moment to help him lead, but they could not do it alone. Despite their good intentions, they needed the help, needed to bring the court together as one, solid unit. Somnus hoped, prayed, that they could somehow make it all work.

Delumine was far too beautiful to disappoint, Oriens too ancient and knowing, and already the fear of failure was spearheading an anxiety into his breast like any sort he had ever felt before.

One by one, volunteers stepped forward, voicing their thoughts, their minds, and their offerings. Many of them vied for position of Emissary. Somnus listened to each of them, verdant eyes keen as he regarded them with a silent, thoughtful stare, mulling over their words. Were many of them cut out for such a position? Yes. Such knowledge wouldn’t make their decision any easier.

Liesel, Eulalie, Messalina, Pavetta, Orion… They all broke from the crowd and spoke, voicing their desires to help the court in one way or the other, or to simply offer their services in the way of Emissary, or even that of a Champion. The newly named Sovereign gave a nod to each of them, admiring their spirit, their desire to assist. Together, he hoped, they would make Dawn Court strong and wise.

“Thank you, all of you,” he began, his voice a soft, patient lilt as he addressed all that had spoken, and all that had gathered. Odd. Somnus could have sworn that there would be many, many more of them in attendance… But, it was an abruptly summoned meeting. Perhaps they were busy. Attending was hardly mandatory, of course. “We’ve heard your thoughts, your suggestions. Po, Ulric, and myself will deliberate among ourselves and pick the candidates that we find most deserving of such available positions.” Already, however, ideas were forming in the dunalino’s head. A few within the crowd would serve them well as certain Champions. Hopefully, once offered, they would accept.

He took a deep breath, and then went on, head high, shoulders back. Proud. Every inch of a king trying to find his place in a position he felt that he did not deserve. “Though there is much more that we must do than simply fill our ranks. Ulric is right; we need more who would be willing to fight. Pacifists though some of us may try to be, I’m certain that I can speak for all of us that war or battle strikes when we least expect it, and truth and honor does not always mean fairness. For any who desire to better themselves in armed combat, please see Ulric after the meeting.” Somnus paused long enough to nod his head towards the said Warden, grateful for his strength and his presence. “Just as well, if you feel as though the art of war is not your style, then please, speak with Po. We are planning to bring to life a judicial branch within Delumine’s borders. Justice and fairness will be our main prerogative, to follow the patience and understanding provided to us by Oriens himself. To any of you who are curious, I encourage you to speak to Ipomoea. To anyone else… Should you have any concerns or questions, speak them. I will listen. We will listen, without ridicule or judgement.”

With that, Somnus grew silent at last, letting out a slow, measured breath as he waited for anyone else to say their piece.

@Ipomoea @Ulric @Messalina @Eulalie @Eros @Orion @Pavetta - I meant to have this up a lot sooner, oopsies. xD It's not mandatory to reply, unless you want to with possible suggestions/concerns/etc.!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 03-09-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ipomoea - 03-11-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ulric - 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Liesel - 03-11-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eulalie - 03-12-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Messalina - 03-14-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Pavetta - 03-14-2018, 02:20 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Orion - 03-18-2018, 05:57 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eros - 04-30-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 05-13-2018, 11:22 AM