Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stand by Me [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

SOMNUS

The evening was growing late, but there was much to discuss. The red sun bathed the courtyard in a dim glow, catching the three figures that stood in radiant light. The sun would soon set, but they had plenty of daylight remaining for such an important event. It had been a busy day, but it was not yet over. Not yet. Perhaps after this, he would settle down with Alba over a mug of spiced cider and unwind. Perhaps Po or Ulric would be willing to join him.

Standing with Po on his right and Ulric on his left, his Regent and Warden respectively, the newly crowned Dawn King allowed word to spread among the numbers of their Court, rippling like waves of the ocean until they reached every pair of awaiting ears. Alba sat upon her customary roost upon his croup, silent save for the occasional clack of a beak. Somnus inhaled slowly, keeping his mind clear and clean, not allowing the stresses or uncertainties to rise. He was safe. They were safe. With Ulric and Po, everything would be alright. They could rely on one another. Somnus could rely on them, trust them, and he would. Breaking all stipulations of decorum, Somnus turned his head to the right, then left, dark lips seeking out the shoulders of his companions to press against. For a few selfish moments he took from their strength, their dedication, their faith, and let out a deep, measured breath.

’Come,’ he had instructed, sending the pages out with a warm smile and an unusual bout of confidence, ’There is news. Meet in the front courtyard.’

The members of their Court arrived, slowly, but inevitably. The amount was an abysmal few and it caused the dunalino’s lips to curl downwards in a concerned frown. Where had they all gone? Familiar faces were now simply gone, as if they had never existed. Perhaps they were simply busy and unable to attend? That reason would have to suffice. Somnus loathed to think of any other reason as to why they would not all come.

Inhaling slowly, Somnus waited in respectful silence as they all situated themselves, waiting for the reason of their summons. The confused murmur danced around, the atmosphere one of uncertainty. Surely they would all notice the absence of Kasil. Deciding to have mercy and not keep them waiting, the dunalino spoke, the polish of his accent carrying easily through the evening air. “Thank you all for coming,” he began, casting a look around, meeting all of the curious eyes and thoughtful expressions, “It has been far too long since we have come together as a Court.”

Somnus honestly couldn’t recall participating in a Court meeting during his life here in Delumine. He resisted the urge to frown. Those days were behind them. If they were to succeed as a Court, they needed to be.

“There are multiple events that need to be brought to light, so I’ll begin. Kasil has stepped down as Sovereign.” A cursory glance around those assembled around him let him know that the former King had presumably already departed from Delumine. Kasil was nowhere to be seen. A pity. He allowed for a moment of silence to spread, to give them all some time to process the sudden, unexpected change before going on, his voice strong with conviction. “In the wake of his abdication, Kasil asked me to rule in his stead. I agreed. I know that this is quite sudden and unexpected, but I promise that I will do all I can to see that our Court thrives under my care. I have already approached Ipomoea to ascend as our Regent. He has accepted.” Somnus paused once more and smiled towards his newly named Regent, emerald eyes glittering in affection and warmth.

“That brings me to our next change. We need to fill our ranks. For far too long the Dawn Court has remained idle, our ranks barren. With good Po’s ascension, the rank of Emissary is now open, as are the stations of each of our Champions. Speak now, if you express interest in either the position of Emissary or any of our Champions.”

With that, Somnus grew quiet, allowing for his words to sink in and for Ipomoea or Ulric to say words of their own. There was much to discuss, and he hoped that everyone present would offer their own thoughts or opinions on the matter. It was the only way they could pull themselves from the stagnant pool of complacency that had Delumine enthralled for so long.

-- As stated before, this meeting is not mandatory. However, if you are interested in Emissary or Champion ranks, you will need to post to express this to the Regime/Ulric!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 03-09-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ipomoea - 03-11-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ulric - 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Liesel - 03-11-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eulalie - 03-12-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Messalina - 03-14-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Pavetta - 03-14-2018, 02:20 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Orion - 03-18-2018, 05:57 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eros - 04-30-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 05-13-2018, 11:22 AM