Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - All my love comes home to you

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

"Against the odds, against the grain we lean, like gardens toward light.
We reach with all of our might for such a noble aim as love."

The sound of her name on his lips brought a gentle smile to Eulalie’s face, and her eyes never left Somnus’ own as he turned to her. She searched his face, wishing to take all his worries, all his fears and hurts into herself. Although she knew she could never take the weight entirely from his shoulders, she was more than willing to help him shoulder it. He never needed to be alone. Nobody should ever be alone.

She did not register the moment Alba left them alone, taking off into the night with a flurry of wing beats. It was only them and the fireflies and the stars in the sky above them; the babbling of the creek and the chirp of crickets creating a tranquil soundtrack around them. Eulalie knew so little of his troubles, though she could see from their interactions that he spent perhaps too much time letting the responsibilities of his position getting to him. What else, she wondered, plagued him? The sunshine woman wondered how she might ease his mind.

He beckoned her forward and she stepped up to his side, the down of his wings brushing against her side, all of him encompassing her as she allowed him to take all of her attention. Her heart tightened at his words, at the endearment that fluttered along behind it like a banner in the wind. When her heart beat faster, she knew this time it was not for fear. Knowing that she must look like she hadn’t slept, hadn’t been well at all and that he’d noticed, despite the things that burdened him and weighed him down. It brought a sort of swelling, rising warmth within her.

“You are the one standing here in the dark on your lonesome. I think perhaps I should be asking if you are alright… don’t you? You can tell me what is on your mind.” Eulalie could not help the smile on her face, soft and curling slightly at the corners of her lips. It was a somber, wistful thing, fleeting though the warmth remained within her. She breathed in deeply, looking away briefly to gather her thoughts, her truth. Then, she looked back at the golden man beside her, searching the green depths of his eyes.

“I saw a monster, parading in a man’s skin,” she said softly, and her voice wavered slightly, her eyes closing to breath in again. To push down the lingering dread that creeped along her spine. “One which I had hoped never to see again.” When she opened her eyes then, they spoke volumes more than she could at that moment and without thought Eulalie leaned a little closer to Somnus, taking comfort in his heat, his presence at her side. “I’m just glad not to be alone right now,” she said, the truth spilling from her like water as she took him in again, “I’m glad to be here, with you.”

@Somnus I just can't with them -insert sobbing emoji-

Messages In This Thread
All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-15-2018, 08:32 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-16-2018, 10:15 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-20-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-23-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-24-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-26-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Somnus - 05-27-2018, 07:44 AM
RE: All my love comes home to you - by Eulalie - 05-29-2018, 10:04 AM