Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - here i go again on my own

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Phrixus

I've flown a million miles
And I've rode so many more
Phrixus flew over this new island. History, he’d found, was doomed to repeat itself. It was an eternal cycle of disappointment. Everywhere he went, he found himself incomplete. He hadn’t felt comfortable in his own skin since he couldn’t remember when. He beat his wings harshly against the fall winds, the brisk chill not even enough to stop him from flying. Phrixus climbed higher and higher into the sky, his breath coming short, eyes tingling with tears as the oxygen began to deplete from his body. Just when the water droplets that had accumulated on his wings began to freeze, he stopped.

Plummeting back down to earth, he closed his eyes. The ground was still far enough away that he was comfortable. Upside down and back to the earth, he let himself fall. One of these days he wouldn’t be able to catch himself, but the man doubted that today was one of those days. The wind whipped his hair around his face and he barrel rolled, twisting up and pushing his wings out to catch the winds once more. A rush of adrenaline flooded his body, and the warrior smiled. Adrenaline helped him feel normal again, helped him feel the rush that he so craved. He’d yet to have really found himself a home somewhere, the soldier in him constantly on edge and begging for a good scrap.

Phrixus had found that freefalling from dangerous heights gave him the rush he needed. The giant ocean themed Pegasus yelled into the winds, frustrated. He grit his teeth, his one good eye searching for a good place to land. As was his nature, he found himself landing upon a cliff, the wind still howling at his back. Standing at the very edge, teetering there, he inhaled deeply. He was so lost these days, unsure of what to do with himself anymore. A lot of times he was filled with so much emotion that he felt like he’d explode. Other times, he felt like a blank canvas, open to suggestions. He was a soldier at heart, and needed to be one once again. His foolish pride would have no other way.

Watching out of the new kingdom that he’d happened upon, Phrixus folded his wings tightly to his sides. He wondered if any people who lived here were around? He knew that this was going to be his home now, and in fact, knew that if he wanted a challenge, he’d have to live in a terrain so unlike any other he’d lived in. Time to move from mountains and snow, to desert caves and sun. He nodded, thinking about how he’d try to make it work. Feeling more at peace with himself after his freefall, Phrixus closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of the wind pushing and pulling at him as he stood at the cliff’s edge.

ooc: Open to all! First post on the site! <3 This is mostly just ramblings, but God bless whoever replies lol.

Every day, a castaway
A vagabond, battle born
|

Messages In This Thread
here i go again on my own - by Phrixus - 06-26-2018, 06:20 PM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Eik - 07-24-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Phrixus - 07-25-2018, 08:20 PM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Eik - 08-04-2018, 11:52 AM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Phrixus - 08-11-2018, 03:17 PM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Eik - 08-17-2018, 09:56 AM
RE: here i go again on my own - by Eik - 10-26-2018, 03:13 PM