Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - You lift me up and I am found

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

The Night Court is bustling with activity. The mascaraed has started and it took some time for Katniss to want to attend. Things were done so differently here. Never had she been to a party as grand as this one. Never had such wordly goods ever been important to her. Tables with sweets and punches were something straight out of a fairy tale for Katniss. Horses dressed in cloaks and masks was something that seemed to stem from imagination. Surely such beauty cannot be real? But it is real. This is real and Katniss needs to face that things are different here. Instead of instinct fighting the changes, maybe she should just embrace them.

She steps into the Night Court Keep, her eyes dancing over the decorations and the people. She comes up to the first table and peers at the masks that are laid out before her. Many have always seen the mare as a fighter, a warrior who only knows battle and death. But many do not know the true mare behind the mask, and so, she opts for a mask adorned in peacock feathers. It embraces happiness and joy, something she hopes to one day find here in Novus.

Once her mask is on, she steps into the masquerade and listens as the music strums loudly in the background. She can see the performers and for a moment, her eyes are captivated and yet, something across the room catches her attention. She cannot help the way a smile crosses her lips, the way his presence seems to just alleviate any sort of worry. How he has this power over her is still a mystery.

Her steps are purposeful as she makes her way towards him, bypassing the tables of refreshments and others who seem like they want to chat with her tonight. Something else is on her mind and only he can ease it. She comes to stand alongside him, her eyes slowly turning to look at him. “Why did you not tell me you were a king?” She supposed in the grand scheme of things it didn’t matter, but when she found out the secret he had simply failed to mention, she saw more of herself in him. He ruled his kingdom much like she had once done – as their equal (or at least that is what it appeared to be). She could admire him for that.

@asterion

Messages In This Thread
You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-01-2019, 10:50 AM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-01-2019, 01:19 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-01-2019, 06:12 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-03-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-03-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-06-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-08-2019, 03:35 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-16-2019, 01:20 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-19-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-24-2019, 04:10 PM