Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - goodbye my santa monica dream

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

YOU'RE GONE BUT YOU'RE ON MY MIND
I'm lost but I don't know why

--

Seraphina inclined her head slightly at his first comment, blinking. “Clarifies?” Had he encountered someone from Denocte, then? (She supposed it could just have easily been court gossip – Solterran animosity, or tension, or something distinctly in-between ran deep, and it felt like she rarely went a day without hearing of it anymore. Perhaps this was just the first time she’d really bothered to listen.) She supposed that it didn’t really matter one way or another, but she was a bit curious as to what Vadim made of the tension - and what she’d clarified to begin with. He was an outsider by birth, and, therefore, far more distant from the conflicted relationship between the nations than she. There was value in views that came from the outside looking in, and, now that her work was more diplomatic in nature, it was her job to actively seek new opinions.

Her ears twitched forward to stand alert as he described the land that he had once called home. “Your home sounds beautiful,” Came her quiet response, and she meant it – from all her years spent in desert sands, though different from those he described, she could almost see the lands that he described in her mind’s eye. At his next remark, she offered a small nod. “I wish I could say that was the case her – unfortunately, in my experience, the scarce resources and harsh climate of Solterra have resulted in more factionalism and combat than cooperation.” A bitter truth, but a truth nevertheless. To her, Solterra had always felt much like a rubber band about to be abruptly snapped. It would be far more productive, she imagined, if cooperation overpowered conflict, which quick tempers always bred. “Perhaps that is changing, though.” Her lips curled slightly in some semblance of a bitter smile. “After all, I have only ever experienced Solterra under the rule of a madman.” Though, she supposed, Maxence hadn’t been in power long enough to determine exactly what she thought of him, Seraphina was reasonably sure that he was no Zolin – perhaps he was just as rash and volatile, however, and she didn’t want to consider where that could lead them.

@

@Vadim - agh, sorry these replies are so infrequent. I'm trying to finish some of Sera's older threads, considering how much has happened in the past...week,
so, if you're alright with it, I'm probably going to try and wrap this up in the next post or so. <3

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 09-11-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 09-11-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 09-12-2017, 02:02 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 09-13-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 09-15-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 09-20-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 10-03-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 10-04-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 11-10-2017, 05:15 PM