Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - down the rabbit hole we go

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Coraline

It was time to meet new people, but first she had to wake up and get to it. The filly opened one button eye and then shut it again, groaning softly. The sunlight was too bright. She snorted and stretched out her legs, twitching them like she were trying to trot in place, even though she were lying down in the grass. With a heavy sigh, she opened her eyes again and sat up, blinking wearily against the brightness that decided it needed to try and blind her. A moment or two passed, and she threw herself up onto her feet, shaking the dew and dirt from her silvered coat. Why did mornings have to come so early? She yawned and then stumbled forward, deciding what direction to go, and how to go about finding someone new to talk to.

Instead, she found a small rabbit and stopped, blinking at it. She thought it looked like the most adorable thing in the world, and then thought about Pandora. Pandora was a little stuffed fox that Maaemo had given her…but Pandora was alive. It was the strangest thing. The magic here had taken her away, however, and Coraline hadn’t seen her companion since they entered the strange magic in the rift. Pandora would likely bound closer to the bunny, scaring the daylights out of it, and creating a game of chase. Perhaps that could be a fun game, but Coraline decided to slowly walk toward the rabbit, her silver head low, trying to be as small as possible to not frighten the young thing.

But instead of the rabbit letting the filly close, it sprinted away. Coraline’s head raised up, as she gave a surprised “hey!” and then chased after it, head lowered again. The rabbit zigged and zagged, and Coraline struggled hard to follow it without getting lost or stepping into a hole. The filly ran until the rabbit disappeared in a hole and she couldn’t follow it any longer. So she stood watch outside the rabbit hole. Certainly it would come out sooner or later, and then they could be friends. The filly almost didn’t hear the approach of another, she was so focused on waiting for the rabbit. Her ears tilted back to hear who was approaching, and when she decided it was a horse, she returned her attention to the rabbit. She had decided that this was her home, and nobody would try to hurt her here. Right?

”Speech”

| Silver chain from the pirate siren | Blue Macaw feather in mane |
Image © Firenze Design @ Deviant Art

@Averin

Averin

averin
ILLUSION NEVER CHANGED INTO SOMETHING REAL

Averin had mixed opinions about meeting others for the first time. For one, Averin was quite shy, but on the other hand -- or hoof, as it were -- Averin was also very friendly, and enjoyed the company of others around him. It made for a difficult kind of internal conflict to endure, but what could Averin do? He could only try and make friends, shy as he was, and see how it went for him. So far, things had been strange in these new lands, and he had also been very lonely when he had first arrived and the time from that to when he was finally found by Only once more. He wasn't sure where Only was at the moment, but that wasn't any of his concern. Only would do as Only pleased, and Averin would respect all that the other male did. That was the way this whole thing worked, after all.

And it wasn't too hard to look past that. Averin didn't know too much of what Only really did, nor much about the male in general. The first meeting had been very brief, and Averin still had no clue what the other male's interest in him was. Company, maybe? It was all pretty strange, but who was Averin to judge? He liked to have company of any friendly sort, and couldn't stand to be all on his own for so long. To not have a purpose. For so long with the caravan, he had been a care taker, someone to watch over the young ones that the caravan ended up with. Averin knew that how the caravan ended up with the youngsters was not by any good means, but he could do nothing about it. He survived in the way that he had been taught how to do, and that was that. Now he had a different path. He just did not know what it consisted of, yet.

It was a nice sunny day, and Averin no longer felt the same strong pull to stay near the river, not when the command had already been fulfilled. Instead, Averin was curious about the other places nearby. He wouldn't go too far, since he wanted to be easily found if and when needed, but aside from that, he wanted to explore a little more. See what was out there. Today there appeared to be a field, and another was out there chasing a rabbit. Averin couldn't imagine why anyone would be doing such a thing, and so he set out to go and investigate further. In a way that hopefully wouldn't be too nosy. Hopefully. So Averin lingered nearby, not trying to get too close to the filly or the rabbit hole, since the critter had darted down into it a moment prior. Then he decided to break the silence with a light "Hello." And see where that led him.

I'M WIDE AWAKE AND I CAN SEE THE PERFECT SKY IS TORN

view full image and credits here

@Coraline

Coraline

The filly knew much about the bad things of life, and the way of survival. She might never have had to take care of children acquired by “alternative” means, but she was probably one of those children in a previous life. She’d survived a lot in her few years, and she had proven just how resilient she was, even if she didn’t realize it yet. And you are quite correct – Only will do as Only pleases. With him, there is no trying to stop him, or divert him. He is a force all his own, and perhaps that is why the filly enjoys his company so much. He had trusted her with deep, dark secrets that she had forgotten she had held, but perhaps that is for the best. If one does not remember, one does not break trust.

The filly heard a soft word behind her, and with a soft snort and another wrinkling of her nose, turned around. Her button eyes reflected nothing but a curiosity toward the male behind her. ”Hello. You didn’t see a rabbit come back out of this hole…did you?” She knew there was no way it could have gotten past her – her nose was practically in the rabbit hole, but she felt it was pertinent to ask, just in case. Pan always taught her to ask a lot of questions. You never know what you don’t know until you know it. Or something like that. And who knows…maybe the tiny little thing escaped her. All she wanted was to be friends with it. What was so hard about that, silly rabbit?

”I’m Coraline.”

She was still afraid of strangers, but she had decided that this one couldn’t be bad because he didn’t kill her while her back was turned. And he had some pretty colors. And wings. You can’t be bad if you have pretty colors and wings. Now I feel the need to tell you (or reiterate, or state for the thousandth time) that Coraline is not like other mares her age. While her body and hormones state she is three years old, her mind is still that of a yearling. You see, while she was in Ravos (or the Rift? She can’t remember) – the magic claimed her and put her into a magical coma (the only reasonable explanation for my absence during that time). Her body was allowed to grow, but because she was in a slumber of sorts, her mind remained as it was. And so, when she woke, it was quite a shock to find her body had grown, filled out, matured. She still wanted to play tag and chase, and nap in the sunshine with her friends. But her friends had gone – moved on to other herds.

Not by choice, mind you.

Fantome had burned the place down. She returned home only to find that “home” was gone. She found a new herd with Katniss, and found out that her best friend had died while trying to find her, and his last words were to demand they tell her how much he loved her. And it killed her. She had loved him, too, but hadn’t said it. She didn’t know why she hadn’t said it. Perhaps she hadn’t known until it was too late. That is often the folly of youth.

”Have you ever spoken to a rabbit?” She had not. Did they even speak horse? How would she tell it that she just wanted to be friends? Oh the things the youth worry about!

”Speech”

@Averin

Averin

averin

Averin did not know what he would have been in a previous life. If he'd had a previous life at all, or if he was a new soul altogether. Without memories or someone to speak on it, all that was left up to the imagination, and Averin never really imagined too much on past lives. He was too busy living this one, and day dreaming about what could happen within it. Yet he did not have any real goals just yet, though he imagined that he should perhaps get some. Dream something up that he could obtain. In this new place there might be a lot of options for him; a lot of open doors that he could walk through. He'd have to check on his restrictions from Only first, but so far it didn't seem like much.

Then again, anything could change on the male's whim, and he was also aware that Only was different from others in a way. Averin had to observe more to be sure on how all that worked out, but so far there was nothing bad aimed at him, and he was grateful for it. Averin was also uncertain as to what his place here in the court was, because he had not yet tried to go and figure it out, or meet the higher ups. For one, he wasn't sure what he would say or what he would be considered here, and he knew that those within his position ought not speak to the higher ups. It wouldn't be his place to do so -- he was too low on the proverbial totem pole -- and that would be something reserved for Only.

Though Averin did not think Only was fond of being in any court, as it was. There were a lot of questions that could be posed to Only in time, but Averin did not want to seem too pushy or bothersome or any of that. What would he do if Only decided to kick him to the curb? He'd already had a taste of being alone, of having no purpose and aimlessly wandering along the riverside. Averin was loathe to have to do anything like that again without a direct order. Some free time, however, he could accept. Like today, here and now. Watching the lady and the rabbit, and finally gathering enough courage to go and speak to her. He didn't want her to think he was some creeper, after all. Because he wasn't.

Averin wanted to try and live a better life this time, though that was subject, of course, to Only's wishes. For now Averin could guess and not much more until he was told or learned more on his own. Therefore, he takes his free time and doesn't think too hard on the future. It wasn't his to muse on, and was made a waste of time by that fact. Meeting others was something he could do, and even through his shyness he yearned for friends. So he had greeted the lady with her nose in the rabbit hole, and the snort first heard made him concerned that he was being a pest, and he lifted a hoof to begin to step back and away from her when she turned around towards him. Averin was surprised at the sight.

She had button eyes, though he doesn't know the word 'button', and cannot place a word to the meaning of what she has instead of eyes that most have. Averin isn't sure what to make of it, so he doesn't comment on it. Her question was there, aloft in the air and waiting for a response, and so he gives one; "No, I did not." The tone was light and warm, and he couldn't fathom a rabbit being able to sneak past her nose anyway. Maybe she was just being polite? And then she was giving her name, and Averin nearly tripped over his own; he had only begun to use his real name aloud, and it still felt and sounded a little strange to him. "I'm Averin. Nice to meet you, Coraline." And he smiled brightly at her.

So far so good at the idea of a possible friend, but he doesn't know her story, doesn't know what it would be like to go through all that she had gone through. He doesn't know her enough to tell her that she probably knew his fathers -- how would he know that one of them sold her some birds? -- or anything that links them in some subtle way. He only has this moment now, and it wasn't a bad moment at all. He blinks when she asks him if he's ever spoken to a rabbit, and he has to grin somewhat sheepishly. "One of my fathers can shift into a rabbit, so I suppose that's a yes?" And his ears twitch a little because he's suddenly feeling even more shy, though he doesn't know why.

@Coraline

Coraline

Coraline decides that he seems friendly enough, and is quick to warm up. She asks about the rabbit to avoid the awkward pause between names and things, where you aren’t sure what else to talk about, and so you just lapse into nothingness. She waits a moment and nothing happens, afraid that maybe she had somehow offended him, or had said the wrong thing. She usually avoided that by not talking, but if one is to make friends, one must talk to strangers, she figures. But then he speaks, and his voice is not unpleasant, nor is it demanding that she remove herself from his sight. That is, undoubtedly, a good sign, and the filly smiles in return. Yes. Like it or not, Averin has become a new friend. Good luck getting rid of the silver girl now.

The filly was used to others staring and wondering at her eyes. It didn’t bother her. In truth, she didn’t know why they were different, having no mirror to see their oddness. She assumed it was probably because she was supposed to be all silver – but instead, she had a black muzzle, mane, tail, socks and points. It didn’t bother her. She was used to being the strange one; the unwanted one. It just made her friends all the sweeter.

”Averin. That’s a lovely name.” She wasn’t sure if you were supposed to use that word with stallions or not, but she found the name charming, to be sure. Anything that you didn’t hear a thousand times a day was nice. No Fluffy or Princess or Silver. Those names grew old very quickly. He continued speaking then, about his fathers. How curious. ”How many fathers do you have?” She could only assume he meant adopted fathers, as she had never heard of two stallions creating a child. ”I have a couple, too. My mother’s mate, though I don’t know his name, then there’s Iago, and maybe Reichenbach. I haven’t decided if he’ll make a good daddy or not.” She reverted to her youthful way of explaining things in her excitement to have something in common with another. ”One could turn into a rabbit? How neat!” She paused, excitedly prancing in place. ”Can you do that?” Her button eyes widened in amazement, convinced she saw his nose twitch like a rabbit’s does. Or maybe his tail turned a little more cotton-y. Yes…he was the most interesting horse she’d ever met.

Nope. You’ll never get rid of her now.

”I had a stuffed fox once. Maaemo gave her to me. She was my best friend, but I think the magic stole her away. I can’t find her anywhere.” She pouted softly. ”But Pan can’t find Oliver, so I guess the magic has taken a lot from everyone here.” She was talking fast, and she knew it, but there was so much to talk about now! ”I like your wings. I think it would be fun to fly. Does it hurt when you fly?” She looked skeptically at the feathered things, wondering how they could keep him aloft. Then she thought of the birds she had known. They sang so merrily while they flew. Just then, the wind touched the blue macaw feather in her mane. A last reminder of her best friend, and her avian friend. Both had the same name.

”I think magic has taken a lot from too many of us.” Her voice was soft then. Sad. But she pushed it away. There was still too much to talk about to be overcome with sadness.

”Speech”

@Averin

Averin

averin

There had been enough lapses into silence in Averin's life, and a lot of it was indeed because he was shy and did not always know what to say, what to talk about. Having those awkward moments filled in with just about anything was fine with him. Averin knew that he needed more experience in meeting others, and this was just that; more experience in meeting a stranger. She was nice as far as he could tell, and that was a good thing to keep in mind. Averin did not know many he could call friend, but that wasn't because he was unfriendly at all, no. More due to the fact that having friendships within the caravan did not work all that well, as most weren't there for all that long in the first place. It didn't last.

Yet Averin had always been friendly to those that came and went, make no mistake. Just because he couldn't keep any of them as friends did not mean that the budding of such a thing had not been there time and time again. After awhile, though, it simply hurt too much to get attached only for them all to leave. Averin had learned that forming real bonds was not something he could have, though he would cherish the moments that he got with those that had brushed past his life. He doesn't know if that was what this was, but he was hopeful that there could be lasting friendships in this new place, under a new master. So he held onto that hope, even as he tried not to get too ahead of himself on the idea.

Coraline was saying that his name was lovely, and Averin felt warm all over just at hearing someone say his name out loud after all this time. Knowing that his name was lovely was such a nice thing to hear, and he would keep those words close to his heart. "Thank you. I like your name, it sounds elegant." He responded with a nod. Most names of the youth brought into the caravan -- and sent out, later -- ended up with short names, nothing with flair to it, so it was interesting to hear names that must have been lovingly placed upon others. Which made him all the more curious about Only's name, and if it was self given or placed by a parent or someone like that. There had to be a story there, Averin thinks.

Not one that he's likely to get anytime soon, if ever. He did not believe it would be wise to ask his new master about it at this point in time. Though his attention was pulled away from those thoughts and pushed back to the memories -- small amount that they were -- of his fathers when Coraline asked him how many he had. "Just two. Although I guess one is also sort of my mother, since he carried my siblings and I in the way that most mares carry foals before they are born." And yes, Averin was very much aware that this was not the usual order of things. It had never occurred to him how strange it was to many until he was no longer living with his parents anymore; when he knew how most came to be born.

He is interested to hear how Coraline had a couple fathers, though by her explinations, it wasn't the same as Averin's family dynamics. He listened thoughtfully to what she was telling him, wondering how one got others to become parents like that. Of course his focus was next on her comment about the rabbit shift of one father, and asking if he could do that. Averin shook his head. "No, I did not get that ability. I was able to shift into a panther, though. But I haven't been able to do that in a long time." He felt sad about that loss most of all out of the abilities he'd had, but he could barely even remember what it felt like to be in that form anymore. It used to feel right and good, but that was all he still remembered.

The words about a stuffed foxed made him blink, but he understood the idea of magic stealing or being stolen away. That had happened to him, somehow, after all. She was explaining that magic had taken a lot from everyone here, and Averin nods to that. "Maybe we'll someday get them back." He wanted to be optimistic about it, even if more for her sake than his. He had resigned himself to his own losses, and they felt more like old scars to him now. She had jumped to talking about liking his wings and asking if it hurt him to fly, and Averin gave a little shrug. "No, it doesn't hurt. I haven't ever gone too far whenn flying, though. It made those who kept me nervous when I flew." He replied sheepishly.

@Coraline

Coraline

At the compliment of her name, Coraline was sure she blushed. She had never once heard anyone give her any compliment – not verbally anyway. It made her feel awkward and shy, wanting to hide in case there was something else he wanted to notice or point out. Oh, he had done nothing wrong, but when you are not used to being noticed for something good…it may make you a little uncomfortable. But the filly remains where she is, trying to not fidget too much and draw attention to it. Secretly, she was pleased that her mother had given her such a nice name. It could have been much worse.

The topic quickly moved to fathers, and Coraline was intrigued. How in the world would a stallion carry a baby? She would have to investigate this further. Maybe Pan would know. It was a fairly uncomfortable topic, babies and mating and such. Granted, she was old enough to bear children of her own…she had never really thought about how it worked. All she knew was that mares carried babies, and if a stallion stood too close to you, you might end up with a baby, too. But she wasn’t worried. She knew she wasn’t going to have any foals any time soon. She was barely not a baby herself!

She was curious now to know if all stallions could carry babies, but just didn’t, because they believed it was a mare’s job. She would definitely have to investigate this more and find out how this whole breeding thing works. If she could have someone else carry her baby one day, that might be fun. All the joy of motherhood without the pain and blood! She had seen a mare give birth once…she wasn’t supposed to be there, but hid in the trees and watched. It was an ugly, time-consuming, painful process. She couldn’t imagine going through that. But stallions beat each other on a regular basis. Certainly pushing a child out wouldn’t be that bad. Yes. That’s what she would do.

Coraline frowned as Averin said he didn’t have the ability to become a rabbit. How amazing would that be, to actually talk to one! So many questions, so many curiosities! But he continued to say he could become a panther. No… once had the ability to become a panther. Yes, it would seem this place took that magic from him. How awful. She wondered what it would be like to become something else. If it would hurt, or if you would even notice. What if you had no control over it, and you’re playing tag one day, and become another animal, and hurt someone? No, that just wouldn’t do! Maybe she should just focus on staying a horse. That seemed the most logical thing to do. Yes. That would be the best option.

And now wings! It didn’t hurt to fly. Oh, if only she could touch the heavens like those with wings! ”Why would it make them nervous? What do you mean….’kept’ you? Do you mean your parents?” She had seen others’ parents be very protective, and maybe this is what he meant. Maybe his fathers were nervous when he flew because they couldn’t. She had asked plenty of questions, but still had a million more. How did he get his wings? Could she get wings, too? Was there some sort of magic that would let her fly without them? Who could possibly keep a horse?

”Speech”

@Averin

Averin

averin

Averin hadn't seen the blushing, but he was always doing his best to be warm and friendly, because that was simply who he was. He liked to make others smile when he could, liked to spread happiness where it might be needed. He'd been so down of late with the lack of a purpose and the fact that he had been very, very lost, that he hadn't felt all that like himself. What a strange feeling that had been. That it still was. Averin needed to shake it off, because it wasn't something that looked good on him. He was the cheerful sort, not the kind of creature that was down and out and moping about it. He found the silver linings and moved on from the sad points in life. He accepted things as they were.

That led to a better outlook on life, because if he did not do it like that, he figured that things would be pretty bleak. That wasn't what Averin wanted. The good parts were out there, and he wanted to reach for them, hold them and share them with everyone around him. He wanted to spread cheer and good feelings, and he had meant the compliment that he had given Coraline for her name. It reminded him that maybe he shouldn't be telling anyone his real name if Only was serious about re-naming him Trouble, though Averin wasn't feeling okay about the name, and certainly not enough to use it in the presence of others. He couldn't do anything about it if Only told others the name or used it, but Averin didn't have to.

Averin did not think too extensively about stallions having babies, though he knows it was possible. Does he know for sure that it could be done by just anyone, or even himself? Nope, no idea on that. There had never been a reason to think too much on it, because he was a virgin. And Only thought that Averin should stay that way. Which meant that Averin would, because he could not break an order that was given to him. Therefore the whole topic was meaningless to him. He had no business finding any of it out, and so he accepted that fact and moved on to other thoughts quickly enough. Coraline had brought up the losses of many here, and of course Averin wondered if any of those things could be gotten back.

How to go about finding that out, though, escaped him. He wasn't really suppost to go too far from Only anyway, so it wasn't as if he could go on some quest to find out the answers anytime soon. He couldn't stray too far from the river or from Ruris, or had to return to them sooner rather than later. Seeking out abilities and things like that didn't seem like the big deal for him that it might be to others, though. Averin was okay with his lack of what he'd once had, because he had those things as a child and he was no longer that. Coraline was onto wings and flying, and Averin's answer just seemed to create more questions from her, though he wasn't too bothered by that. A little uncertain on the topic, though.

Averin did not know how much he should tell her of his situation or what his life had been back with the enforcers. Still, what harm could it really do? So he shook his head at the idea that his parents had been the nervous ones; though maybe they had been, in other ways, just not this one. "I was kidnapped as a child by a caravan that wipes memories and reprograms youngsters so they can sell them. I guess it made them nervous that I might fly away and not come back." He answered evenly, not bothering to sugar-coat what it was, or the life he had lived. What he doesn't tell her is that he had never considered flying away from them, because he did not know how to go on alone, or how to be anything else.

@Coraline

Coraline

Coraline was very curious about wings and flying, but only because she never had the ability. Mew had wings, but she didn’t recall ever seeing him fly. Perhaps he could, but chose not to. It was something she would never know, but for now, it was ok with her. No use dwelling too much on the past. It only served to bring her down, and the girl was trying hard to be happy. She always thought flying would make one happy – to be able to touch the clouds and dance among the raindrops. It would be a magical thing, indeed.

Averin spoke then about not flying much as a youngster. His tale, however short, was awful, indeed. Who would seek to capture children? She shuddered. Her mother hoped that such a band would come and take her away, but the filly was lucky. She had never seen hide nor hair or that sort of predator. She had seen many others, though – wolves, coyotes, bears. Each one had seemed to understand her unique situation – how her mother hated her – and had not bothered the child. It suited her fine – she was happy to be alive and without further maiming from scars.

The filly was scarred – but they were all internal. Her fear of everything that moves; her fear of being alone; of losing anyone close to her. The filly had many issues, but she was working through them a few at a time. Perhaps, by the time she was four or so, she would be free from those chains; but who knows what may happen between then and now. She never imagined her life would go the way it has been going… but only time can tell for certain. For now, she was content to live her life the best she could.

”It sounds like it was a hard time for you.” She wanted to reach out, to touch his pearlescent coat in comfort, but she was awkward and unsure. Instead, she reached her muzzle closer, but pulled it back. She wasn’t sure if he would object to being touched by a near stranger. ”But you’re older now… you can fly away if you want to…right?” She wasn’t sure what she would have done in his stead as a child. Probably the same thing. She would have ended up with Stockholm Syndrome, likely, falling for her captors.

”Maybe you can stay with us in Delumine? I think they seem pretty nice here.” She was beginning to feel comfortable in this new place, and wasn’t sure if Averin was a passer-through, or if he was going to stay. The child was hoping he would stay. She didn’t have many friends, and who couldn’t use one more? She gave a sheepish smile, as if she had said something too forward. Poor girl, has no idea how to talk to someone without worry that they would judge her. Mew was the first one she had been able to talk to openly, and then Pan; but Mew was gone and Pan was on adventures. Perhaps she would learn to be comfortable with others one day. Yes. One day.

”Speech”

@Averin

Averin

averin

Averin's wings had been more of an asthetic in the caravan than anything more practical than that, like flying. It wasn't that Averin never thought of going off into the sky for awhile, because he had. He merely knew better than to mess with the way of things, the orders, rules and regulations of the enforcers. They would only wish to erase the memories if he were to go against them in any way, and Averin had wanted to keep his memories more than he had ever wanted to do anything the enforcers wouldn't like. At least as far as what he might have been able to get away with doing, like taking a flight or saying no to them.

He would have risked his memories to try and stop the swiping of youngsters from their homes; make the enforcers stop altogether and end the caravan itself, because Averin had known it was wrong. Yet he knew he couldn't rise up against them, couldn't get far in such a goal, and so he hadn't. He wouldn't have been able to convince the brainwashed ones to go, wouldn't have been a good leader for them to take them away from the caravan lifestyle. Therefore there wasn't any way to change anything by himself. Averin was too meek to take on such tasks by himself, but the wish that it could be done had always lingered. 

Alas, the caravan may have found it's end anyway, because business had begun to fail before he had been sold off. Averin can only hope it had ended, and there would be no more of that to darken anyone's days. And just maybe he would make a habit of flying now, if Only was agreeable with the idea. Averin had no intent to fly away, and that should be obvious merely in the way that Averin had waited for Only for this long, when he could have just as easily run off on his own at any point that Only wasn't around. But Averin did not do well on his own, and therefore wasn't tempted to go and strike off on his own. 

He wasn't equipped for dealing with all that might come his way if he were alone. Only had told him that there were so many others who would just love to rip him apart. Averin took that seriously. He already knew a few things about life worked among those who simply took what they wanted, and he did not want ro endure such things. Only would protect him from that; so he put his trust in the male. So far so good. But his thoughts were soon on what Coraline was saying, and Averin nodded. "It was hard pretending that I didn't know what was going on, what they were doing." He admitted softly, looking bashful.

There was no change in stance or expression when Coraline had reached out, only to pull back again. Averin didn't think he'd have minded the touch any, though. Her next words made him blink, then shrug his shoulders. She did not stop there, speaking of Delumine and staying with her and whomever the 'us' she spoke of included; that they seemed pretty nice. "I don't want to fly away, I wouldn't even know where to go or what to do." He shook his head. "Besides, the caravan is long gone, and I belong to Only now. He bought me in the place he calls Rift, and is going to protect me." Of this Averin felt sure, even if it wasn't truly assurred.

@Coraline

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »