Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Honor Calls

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Arluin

ARLUIN

THE KNIGHT OF ROSES

All dreams began with a single step, and his was to begin making a name for himself in this new land. So with but a few simple, polite queries to a group of passing equines he had found himself turned in the direction of the Dusk Court, their dire need for warriors not necessarily something unknown to the populace. It was perfection for him, fertile soil for the seed of his ambition to take root, and he lusted for it to sprout like a dying man to thirst. Even with Dusk Court's low warrior count, he knew what he desired wouldn't be achieved so easily, but still he moved with eager, rolling steps across the earth, until the citadel loomed in the distance, a spire of beautiful grey stone surrounded by rolling green fields. It was picturesque, and yet another sign within his mind that he had chosen the right place. Oh, it held nothing in comparison to the valley of his youth, to the cave his family had dwelt within, that was glossed with a layer of childhood nostalgia and nothing would ever come close to it. But this keep... this Court(from appearances), it felt like a right fit.

Grass soon gave way to stone beneath his hooves as he traversed into the keep, reassuring the guards of his intentions and asking the way to their Sovereign. He bowed his head in thanks when they directed him to the inner keep, beginning to make his way through the halls. With each step the pale stallion found himself feeling more at home, more resolute in his dream to the point where he could almost hear and see it before him. Would he remain the Knight of Roses, or would he grow into something more, a white phoenix to ascend into the annals of history?

His dark-stained lips curled in a smile of quiet amusement, grey locks falling over his crisp features as he turned his head to gaze out a window, pausing his stride to marvel at the sight beyond. Rolling hills of green, kissed by the remains of the early morning mist, a moor of promise and possibility that sang to him. Yes, he was in the right place. With his gentle smile gracing his lips and his blue eyes set with determination, the young warrior swung his head back around and made to continue his walk... and slammed right into another, warm body. It knocked the breath from his lungs, and he swiftly took a few steps behind him, tension roiling through him, muscles contracting as he arched his neck, ruby horn leveled... before he forced himself to relax, breathing out a soft sigh when the surprise and shock began to fade. "My deepest apologies, lady, I should truly look before I walk." He gave the mare an impish smile, ducking his head in embarassment. "I fear I can't stay and chat, i've some business to attend to... pray, do you know where the Sovereign is as of the moment?" He was eager to carry on with his dream, his ambition. It was so close now.... closer than he knew.

"Speech"
duskbeguile

@Rannveig