Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - glassy sky

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
FAYE

The lands were vast, and Faye enjoyed exploring them. She was still incredibly new to this place, and in general was still incredibly young; but one should never mistake her age for naivety. She was an intelligent little creature, friendly and kind, loving, even to strangers, always happy to offer her aid selflessly.

Little tri-colored hooves carried her across the lands as she traveled to the one place that drew her in the most. Though she'd never been incredibly nosy, she wished to know more about these lands. Faye had always been a seeker of knowledge and adventure, the bigger the adventure the better to be honest. These fields were breathtaking. All the detail in it's plant life was nothing like she had ever seen before, and it was hard to find any one place to look.

Fall was perhaps one of her favorite sort of seasons, the changing of colors and the crisp cool breezes. With the sun shining overhead it seemed to cast a gold sheen over the land, it was truly magical. And Faye was enjoying the scenery in peace.

"Speaking"

@Thaleia sorry for the wait!!

Thaleia

T H A L E I A
let the ocean take me home

Despite the miles separating the land mermaid from the ocean blue, Thaleia found herself exploring the kingdom that she now called her temporary home. As ocean fae, she could still hear the soft lapping of waves as if the sea itself churning through her veins instead of blood; the fathoms singing to her in the sounds of sea gulls and crashing water against stone cliffs and beaches. But instead, she could not answer.. not in the way she needed. For when she returned to the sea, and the sea returned to her.. Thaleia had no plans to come back to this land. This kingdom, this country, this continent. She would love nothing more than to reclaim the Unknown Sea that surrounded the large island for taking the lives of her crew — her lover, her king, among them — before she could regain even a shred of happiness. For all she knew, their bodies were bone fragments buried on the ocean floor, their souls drowned and lost and unable to cross over to the Heavenly Sea and Sky. Calypso, her patron goddess, now holding their celestial bodies hostage until they could at last rest in peace.

She had never been more angry, more determined. Not even when her Queen Mother had banned her from the ocean itself.

Thaleia found herself wandering the new lands; educating herself in the unfamiliar stars and world that she had never heard of, let alone traversed. Her ocean-born hooves padded along a beaten path, until the land rolled out in hills and greenery as far as her eyes could see. A sea of grass, still holding on, desperately, to the warmth of summer, as the blades were muted beneath a rising sun.  The expanse was wide and beautiful, the sky above her a soft blue; the color of a tropical cove in a far away paradise. At the edges of the grass sea, trees were burnished in deep gold and crimson, a fire of colors that burned through the leaves as summer had given away to fall completely.

This land was beautiful, she could not deny it. Peaceful, and... not as empty as she had once thought.

Silver orbs caught sight of another, a painted girl in the distance. She had half a thought to hide, to disappear into the shadows. But Thaleia was not afraid; if anything, she was lonely. At least a week now had passed since she had washed ashore in this strange world, unaware of who and what ruled these lands. Her curiosity pushed her legs into a trot, salt-white tresses flowing in the cool breeze as she gingerly approached the other girl.

"I do hope I am not intruding while you look to be at peace, miss."

@faye

☀︎

FAYE

Faye had been enjoying the crisp autumn air and the bright color changing leaves. In a way it reminded her of home, not because of the changing seasons but just the..feel of it. The peace that seemed to settle within these lands. There was no malice or ill intent for the most part. Her ears pricked back at the approach of footsteps that she turns her head slightly to see a woman heading her way. A woman that seemed to be the embodiment of the sea in color, she was beautiful Faye had to admit in an almost ethereal way.

She offered the girl a small friendly enough smile to reach her features. Her bright blue eyes looking over the other for a moment. "Not at all! In fact I don't mind having some company." Faye replied with a soft chuckle leaving her lips, shaking her head a bit to get some of her long mane out of her eyes. "My name is Faye by the way." The painted girl offered the other that looked so much like the sea. The young warrior was curious about her newfound companion, but rather than bombard her with all kinds of questions she'd wait until she had the other girl's name.

"Speaking"

@Thaleia this is utter poop and I apologize! It'll get better I promise

Thaleia

T H A L E I A
let the ocean take me home

For a heartbeat, as her words hung suspended in the air between them, she regretted speaking. Regretted bringing attention to herself, and intruding on the woman's peace. They were in the very heart of an never-ending sea of greenery; the grass just barely holding onto the brightness of spring and summer, when autumn had begun to take hold of the land. Silver orbs blinked and took in the beauty of not just the landscape, but the young woman before her now. The gold of her coat almost shimmering and drinking in every last drop of sunlight, the bright painted splotches across her frame stunning and ethereal to take in.

The regret that suddenly laced through her blood and bones like a corrosive toxin was immediately burned away as the girl's friendly smile touched her face. Warmth flooded her as the sun drenched across her body, licked by the chill of the breeze as she watched the stranger's smile reach to the shining blue of her eyes.

Not at all! In fact I don't mind having some company. My name is Faye by the way.

Her ears flickered at the soft chuckle that left the girl's lips, and she found herself joining in with a light laugh of her own. An unfamiliar sound, the happiest yet since she had arrived in this unknown realm. The taste of it felt almost cosmically wrong to her, as she realized that she had yet to find out the fate of her crew and her pirate king.. her lover. She, an awful, cruel Queen who now laughed without care in the middle of this golden-green field, with a woman she had just met.

Sorrow flooded her, and she realized, suddenly, remarkably.. that she had not yet given her own name. Or said anything, for the matter.

With a sharp inhale, she attempted to recover her rudeness, and said: "Leia.. my name is Leia." She offered a small smile, the wind tickling the salt-white of her forelock, revealing the liquid silver of her eyes in the lovely sunlight. "What brings you here, Faye? If I may."

@faye this post is meh, I'm sorry lovely D:

☀︎