Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Beautiful beginnings

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
FAYE

When the first breath of winter through the flowers is icing
And you look to the north and a pale moon is rising
The air was crisp. The sun hovered above, where the clouds blotted the sky here and there. A restless wind tossed about; sometimes gentle, at times harsh and spirited with a raging heart. Faye enjoyed the press and pull of such winds; not as strong amidst the forest trunks – but as she breached the forest and drew closer to the cliffs, she could almost hear the wind whispering in disjointed lulls. For it was oddly quiet and still as she approached the newfound lands. Lacking the sweet, honeyed tones of finches, chickadees, and all the murmurings of a living forest. The silence was somehow consumed by the mare’s thoughts of isolation. The silence a void, an endless expanse to erase and dismantle the voices caught within her head. Briefly, she felt some relief from their weight. Though as the moment passed, she became thin and frail. Unbound to the earth, as restless as the wind without a home nor claim to that new life she deeply coveted.

But, did it really exist here? In this land of Novus? Wasn’t it more than peace that she sought for, more than simply a home or that so called, ‘new life’? A new beginning? Beyond her knowledge, she clung to her old roots. Perhaps she felt even inclined to uproot them, for the sake of grafting a new branch in these lands of Novus – in Terrastella, paradise?

She huffed, annoyed with herself – having gone too deep into her own mind. The palomino maiden shook her head briefly, approaching the crystalline waters lapping at the edges of the cliffs. Having felt foolish, she forced herself to smile. It was beautiful here, after all… There was ample foliage, the equine seemed kind here; she had found a new home at last!

There was much to celebrate!

But as she turned her gaze upon the ocean, she could not ignore the pangs of loss; reminding her what was at stake here. The sacrifices; seemingly mindless and unnecessary, seeding doubts into her weary eyes.

"Speaking."
@Jude so sorry for the long wait!

Jude

JUDE
the only heart
i've ever broken
is my own
Jude has been alone. Aimless hours spent sealed away and pondering, bitterness slowly seeping in and he can’t help but feel angry at himself. Had he truly expected a storybook ending? The unknown is a beast that Jude can never conquer. It is a Goliath that can’t be struck down, always looming, always waiting. He trembles with indignation and can’t help but scold himself for the toxicity bubbling inside his own chest. This fool’s errand has proven to do little to ease the scars left from the venomous prince that had pushed him to a breaking point. Jude misses his mother and her vibrancy, that tenacity and nurturing nature of hers. He misses the steadiness of his father, quiet and comforting in his still and firm strength. They had been proud, beaming when their son stepped from the dragon fire something more beautiful. Rebirth hadn’t done anything for him. Leaving home hadn’t done anything for him. Where is the cure to his ailments that plague him?

He wanders to the cliffs, ready to stare down the roaring tide that had carried him to Novus. Mittens is wandering beside him and soon the pair can hear the echo of the ocean. It’s a comforting noise and he’s ready to find a way for it to carry him home. He can see another figure there, and for a moment he contemplates turning away but rather he approaches onwards. For a moment he swallows the fear and draws up to the Cliffside and stares down into the raging waters below.

“I-I ho-hope I’m not in-intruding,” Jude stutters, tripping over his words as he turns his eyes towards the other mare. He longs for solace from his own mind, reprieve from the nagging fear. It is apparent he won’t find that in who he believed himself infatuated with, so it is time he turns towards the horizon and begin his quest to return home… For what he believed to be here isn’t, all there is is a bitter taste on his tongue. Or perhaps he might finally find solace in individuals unknown to him.

Image by CreditCode by Tribs

@Faye

FAYE

When the first breath of winter through the flowers is icing
And you look to the north and a pale moon is rising
Faye very rarely let anyone 'sneak' up on her but she had been so deep in thought she didn't hear anyone approach. Not until the stuttering voice reached her ears and she was pulled from her own thoughts. She turned her head a bit to see the small equine approaching her..with a cat? It was a good thing that Arcus was back home for now or Faye might have had to worry about her companion chasing the poor creature. That would be a terrible first impression.

"Oh of course not! I was just distracted a little." She replied with a small smile. "I'm Faye by the way..who might you be? And your cute companion as well." Faye was a friendly girl by nature and she generally liked to chat with anyone if they were willing. Plus..she's never met this stranger before and she was a curious girl. Perhaps she'd make a friend since coming here, she was still considered 'new' here on Novus. Everything was an adventure to her.

"Speaking."
@Jude Sorry this is poop!

Jude

JUDE
the only heart
i've ever broken
is my own
Jude seems to relax slightly once the mare opens her mouth, not seemingly bothered by his uninvited presence. He offers a timid smile in response to her greeting, trying to quiet the simmering butterflies that unfurl their cruel wings. Please not now, he whispers to his own subconscious, please don’t do this now.. Please let this wait. He forces himself to take a couple of deep breaths to bring himself down from the onslaught of emotion that tries to hit him.

“I-I’m Jude,” he manages to force out after a moment. “And tha-that’s Mittens.” He gestures to his companion with his head, the cat lounging lazily and disinterested as ever in the conversation at hand. “S-so um.. You from Novus or somewhere else?” He asks in a gentle voice.

Image by CreditCode by Tribs