Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - october kiss. [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

The boy didn’t understand what was going on, though he knew there was something strange in the air.  It was something he wasn’t used to, tension…. And as he looked from one creature to the next, his head cocked like a dog’s to the side as he tried to make sense of things.  Despite the bite to the silence that fell between them, he stays positive, choosing to ignore the confusion as he edged closer to his fair-colored friend, reaching out to stroke along her withers with his ivory lips even as @Florentine ’s lover flanks her other side and @Asterion and @Ulric crowd him out.  The green boy does not feel threatened by @Reichenbach ’s possessive stance, for he does not recognize the jealousy and protectiveness, and knows only to comfort his best friend when she seemed lost and a bit confused by it all.

His meadow green eyes dart from one creature to the next, resting on Asterion as he wonders about the stranger’s lineage.  In all the time he’d known Karou, he hadn’t known her to have another child… and Asterion seemed even older than Flora, so he was certain he’d have met a brother (if one existed).  It was all very confusing indeed, and still too was a nagging sensation that he’d seen the forlorn stallion somewhere before.  If only his memory would work the way it used to.

Stepping away from the group, he nods toward the festive lights and music, wishing more than anything to make the tension dissipate.  Do you guys want a drink?  The cider is really good… maybe we should get a bite to eat?  Food was Pan’s answer to all things concerning, and digging in his bag, he fished out the pastries he’d meant to save until later, deciding in this moment that perhaps it was better to share with the others.  Stepping toward @Aislinn, who seemed to be the odd man out, he offered her an apple spiced pastry a something of a peace gesture.  This is quickly followed by passing one to @BlackPlague, who until now had stayed quiet about his intentions. So, you guys are from the Night Court?

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

@Aislinn @Ulric @Florentine @BlackPlague @Reichenbach @Asterion
Oh Pan… so ignorant in the ways of the world…

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
BlackPlague

Plague listened to the goings-on; the introductions of the newcomers, the bantering of old friends, and the silence of those like him. He wasn’t much for big gatherings, but thought it a good place as any to find sparring partners. And to gauge a potential enemy. While they were drinking and cavorting, he was watching, learning, planning. Plague was never one to let his guard down too far. While certain things were aimed at others, he listened, taking note of answers – of slurred words and unsteady hooves. When the conversation turned to him, he merely dipped his large black head and let something of a smile cross his lips. ”I come from a land and a time far from here. I do not even know how to explain it to you – but it’s much the same as it is different. For now, I do reside in the Night Court. And yourself?”

The youth was pleasant, polite, and would make for an easy target should war ever break out. Plague knew that to break an enemy, you went for the women and children first. Most warriors couldn’t handle seeing a dead woman or child on the ground, and would spend time trying to help them, and while they were doing that, they were easy targets to snipe from a distance. Plague would keep this one, and the little female – Florentine – in the back of his mind.

He allowed himself to fall silent then, letting the conversation go on around him. No sense in keeping the spotlight all to himself. He decided that he would be leaving soon, but shuffled around, searching for a comfortable position to rest his legs in the meantime.

”Speech”

| I find it kind of funny…I find it kind of sad…the dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had |
Image © Bouzid27 @ Deviant Art

Sorry y'all. Didn't realize it was me up. :/
@Aislinn @Ulric @Florentine @Pan @Reichenbach @Asterion

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »