Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and I'll say no prayer

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ygraine

ygraine;

Now I have been here before
though I know I am lost;
The same place that filled me with joy
was just a road I'd crossed
She hadn't been to the sea in a long, long time.

The grey lady could recall some many moon cycles ago she strode along some foreign shoreline with the daft palomino mare she called her mentor, though the weather wasn't beginning to settle and cool like it was currently. With the thick breath of summer being whisked away by the bite of the fall air, the cool sea-breeze coming from the rolling waves nibbled at her skin with more intention than it might have while in the nadir of the warmer months. Ygraine remembered standing at the edge of the beach, the waves crashing around her young limbs and threatening with each push to pull her in and down with the current. The one-eyed, slightly crazy mare had performed a ritual with the young grulla by her side, tossing a stone into the sea to purge bad thoughts from the mind. As of late Ygraine had no need for such a spell in her current travels, which was quite a good thing; for now that spell served as merely a memory of times long gone.

The coming autumn was right on the heels of the foaming waves slamming into the sandy shore, but oddly she didn't mind it. It was a welcome change from the oppression of summer, the grey lady appreciating it whole-heartedly and it showed. A subtle grin turned up the sides of her pale pink muzzle, her eyes closed and turned up to the wind as she breathed the salt-filled air deeply. The sting in her sinuses didn't annoy her, rather it invigorated her; she reared up and her fores whirled in the air, head tossing this way and that in pure glee before she made a short sprint along the beach. She weaved back and forth as if playing with the waves before finally she grew bold enough to divert her path and go straight into the water. A loud splash followed as white foam geysered up from where her body and the waves met, even though she only went deep enough to cover her knees and hocks. 

She felt like such a child gallivanting about, yet she enjoyed herself too much to really care. So the normally reserved grey lady kept dancing about in the waves, her playful laughs echoing across the water and down the immediate length of the beach. 

------
Here’s text.
”Here’s speech.”

tag: @arluin | music: HERE | table credit: HERE