Welcome
Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current

Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 502
▶ Season || Winter
▶ Temp || -10℉ (-23℃) to 55℉ (12℃)
▶ Weather || The weather radar really does seem to be off the charts lately...
I wonder what's going on? (#15-19)

Spotlight

Character of the Season
Raymond

Member of the Season
Sid

Thread of the Season
your company's fine but i get on better with mine

Pair of the Season
Somnus and Eulalie

Quote of the Season
"She remembers too well what it means to be free, to take her own fate from the dark places between the stars." — Calliope in Thou goest forth, dread, fathomless, alone.

see here for nominations

DISCORD

OOC - Elk's Departure
Novus Team — Official Novus Account Signos: 92,898
▶ Played by all staff [PM] Posts: 13 — Threads: 8
▶ Other [They/Them/Theirs] Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 2 [Year 500 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:

It is with a heavy heart that I announce this, but I owe it to the members who have already made Novus their home. If you don't want to read the novel I'm about to type, here's the TL;DR: I will be transferring ownership of Novus to @kay, @inkbone, and @sid, and stepping down from administration.

For about six months now, I have been feeling more and more disconnected from the equine community. The writing no longer flows through me like it used to, and I'm at a point in my life where my priorities are shifting and I want to start branching out more. The equine community has been my home since middle school. That's probably part of the reason why I've been denying this for so long, and trying to overcome this feeling I have. I want to branch out to other communities so badly. My dilemma is that I've only ever been able to be a part of one site at a time. The moment I join two sites, one of them will inevitably become my favorite, and I will slowly fade away from the other. I know without a doubt that if I give myself the opportunity and actually do branch out to other genres, Novus would be the site that I would eventually lose interest in. Because of this, I haven't let myself take a chance on other communities. I didn't want to open the gate that leads down the path of ending my time with the equine community. So I tried my best to ignore what I wanted, because I love this community, and the characters, and the people, so much more than I could ever imagine.

Novus was my last "hoorah," my final attempt at trying to create a community that would be my safe haven. I'm so proud of how far it's come in less than a week — the site has a lot of potential, and a lot of members who love it already. When I started feeling this need for something else at the end of 2016, I had already put a year's worth of ideation and world building into Novus. I thought if I could just stick it out, throw my everything into it, get a wonderful staff team to work with, and finish it, these feelings would go away. They haven't, and you have no idea how hard it's been for me to admit this... especially since I just opened Novus a week ago. What kind of admin leaves a site before its even had a chance to start? I feel an immense amount of shame, and I completely understand if some of you would rather not talk to me. After all, you trusted me to give you a home for your characters and a reprieve to write.

I know I don't deserve this, but I want to ask one more thing of you: instead of trusting me, put your trust in Kay, Ink, and Sid. They love Novus just as much as you do; they put blood, sweat, and tears into it just like I did. They want to try to give Novus the love and attention it deserves. I know you won't be disappointed in them.

As for my part, I will be transferring ownership immediately and stepping down from my duties. I will finish the one thread I have with Erynvale, and then I will pull her (and my unfinished Rhen) from the site. I will still be active in the Discord channel, and in the cbox whenever my work permits me to be. I will support Kay, Ink, and Sid in every way I can as they transition from supporting staff to full site owners. I will probably be selling off the majority of my characters in the near future; I'll keep maybe one or two and try my hand at private RPing, if anyone is interested in keeping plots with me after this.

I owed it to you to be transparent. I'm so sorry for hiding this, and disappointing you... and if you have it in your hearts to forgive me, I'd love to stay in contact even if I'm no longer active in this beautiful, vibrant community. ♥

Avis — OOC Account Signos: 520
▶ Played by Avis [PM] Posts: 12 — Threads: 6
▶ [Female [She/Her/Hers]] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 5'1 hh Bonded:
i love you, elk <3

aimless — OOC Account Signos: 0
▶ Played by aimless [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 0
▶ [female [she/her/hers]] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
sad to see you go, but i wish you the best in your endeavors outside of the equine community!! ;u;

inkbone — Administrator Signos: 3,135
▶ Played by inkbone [PM] Posts: 239 — Threads: 32
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 27 [Year 475 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 15 hh Bonded:
You know my thoughts on this, Elk, and that we all want you to be happy. You deserve that much, and never question that! Thank you for bringing Novus to life, and I really do hope that Kay, Sid, and myself can do it justice <3