Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Tell Me of the Night Queen

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Akeli

flowers will grow from my bones
Hooves clatter upon the stone floor of the temple, echoing upon walls the youth has finally reached. Relieved there is no more climbing to do (goodness she hates climbing, but she certainly isn’t a good enough flier to fight flying against the altitude and thinning air) she stretches her legs, working the soreness free, and claps her wings against her sides. Night is fast approaching, the dying rays of daylight quickly receding from the walls of the sanctuary. Akeli has heard this was a place of the gods, and has desperately wanted to visit and see it for herself. As she shuffles her wings, a small bundle falls. Quickly, she lifts the tightly wound bundle of herbs and flowers up, and tucks it again into her feathers.

She moves reverently down the hall. Her echoed steps reverberate softly against the surrounding stone, and her eyes wander, ears turning, unsure what awaits her here. Her breathing is calm, heart beating easy, mind open wind. Though she is young, and though her mind is always alight with ideas and her mouth is always moving with conversation, in this place she is reverent. A calm aura has surrounded her, and for the first time she is meditative. The feeling is warming, and somehow, she finally feels at home.

Large statues stand resolute within the main room, and she pauses, looking at each towering figure with an inquisitive golden stare. Slowly she lowers her head, allowing the chain around her neck to slip free, and her mind reaches out to complete the job, laying the thurible and chain neatly upon a small stone jutting out from the wall. She places a small bundle within the white-gold casing, gingerly nudging it until it rests cleanly within the bowl. Methodically she strikes her antler upon the stone above the burner, and small sparks shower down upon the herbs. One spark lands, smolders, and the bundle slowly begins to burn. She then closes the lid, and as the smoke curls in soft grey tendrils from the openings, she smiles at her work. Stepping away, she stands again before the statues, and as the soft scent of lavender and rose incense begin to fill the room, she feels calm, sedated, and closer to gods than she has ever felt before.

The girl tips her head to her side, staring at the statues, and one catches her eye. Moving forward, she stands unknowingly before Caligo, looking up at the towering goddess, eyes transfixed upon the stony gaze of the ethereal woman, and remains frozen, so consumed with that which stands before her that she wouldn't even notice if she were no longer alone.

"I'm sorry I don't know much about any of you, yet," the girl whispers, "I'm new here. I simply come to reflect. Please, if you may, guide me during my journey here. I'm still finding my way. I'll do my best, to learn more about all of you, and more about myself." With that, she falls silent, though remains captivated and quite for a long moment, wondering what hands these gods played here. She wondered what role she played in their ultimate plan.

**Editing so that it will meet the word limit requirements since I think this is going to end up being a solo thread