Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Rainstorms

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sunkissed

The air was cold, the heat of summer no longer lingered within the night as the women strolled down the cobbled street. The dimly lit area was rather peaceful this fine autumn night. It was just past twilight, and the stars were hidden from view outside the windows of the keep. Yet despite the glooming darkness outside, the gentle sound of rain was a relaxing sound to her ears. Coming to a halt near a window Sunkissed stepped closer to the glass and peeked out. Pink eyes half closed as she watched the rain fall from the heavens. It was almost like a lullaby to the young mare, but she kept herself awake with a quick shake of her head. The girl was bored with nothing really to do. As she wandered the keep she had hoped to cross path with someone, anyone really. A little chat would have been nice, but it seemed all was quiet. Perhaps she was just moving in a circle from everyone, night after all was the time when the Court seemed to come alive. Taking a deep breath she let it out in a long drawn out sigh. “Such a boring night.” Sun said in a soft voice as she leaned against the window while looking out it.

ooc: Just a simple thread open to anyone.

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vhetiveer

"You ruddy bird.  Where'd you go off to now?"  Vhetiveer's grand entrance to Denocte began with a wild goose chase.  His 'goose' however was no goose at all but a raven - a bloody clever one that had snatched at his hair too much and loosened the leather on his favorite trinket.  Now it had fallen off with enough swoops from the hungry bird and before Vhetiveer could find a way to rescue it from the ground the raven got to it first.  And now, here in Denocte, it hopped and skipped across every window sill until the three-eyed horse grew tired of leaping for it.

If that is you Luz -- I swear to Calig--  "Oh!"  A girl peeked her head out from one of the windows and screeched at him.  The coppertone stallion shrank back with an apology and scurried along another pathway where the winged menace ducked away from view.  "Aha!"  He boasted when he saw the blackbird cornered under the stairs.  He certainly could not reach the creature but he could wait for it to poke its head out.

"Whenever you are ready - I'll have my effects back."  Vhetiveer's voice was heavy but kind even though the smug look on his face felt like boasting his joy at trapping the raven.  When it squawled back at him and managed to dart out from between his legs before flying off he grumbled out of frustration.  Another face appeared in the window - this one looking out but not seeing - " - hello there, madam?  If you are bored, suppose you come help me get my things back from that pesky bird over there?"  Vhetiveer offered a genuine smile but it was no secret that he seemed to be frustrated with his situation.

"See him over there on that post - looking at me - I swear he hates me."  Vhetiveer said forlornly.  The raven reminded him of Luz, his old Familiar, one that he never managed to recover no matter how long he looked.  Vhetiveer wasn't even sure how to get inside of the Keep, it was his first few hours in the city before his first quest rushed itself upon him.  

@sunkissed