Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A dream is a wish

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
FAYE

The morning was still new when the mare set out on her trek. The sun had just begun to make its journey above the horizon, painting the forest in sepia tinted oranges and yellows. The coloring fit the scene. Autumn was clutching the land now with its soft hues and browning branches. Leaves fell about the mare as she slithered between the tree trunks of the forest. No matter how they tried they would not camouflage her here though. She was a beast best suited to the cold. She was decorated in shades of varying colors of pink, blues, and purple, a star trapped in an equine form.

The gentle sound of water caught her attention and the mare changed her trajectory. Her steps were long and gentle. She was normally a quiet mover, stealthy and clean, but today leaves crunched beneath her. She wasn't sure if it was due to the way that autumn brought death to leaves or that she just didn't care. It didn't matter though, she was quiet enough not to bring too much attention to herself.

Soon the mare broke from the trees to a small clearing. There a wide creek lazily twisted along the ground. Dew hung close to the grass and fog twisted between the mare's limbs. Her breath was misted in the cool morning air. Limbs carried the female into the water which poured around her, just barely touching her belly. The fish there were unfazed by her presence. Perhaps they had never met an equine like herself. She gazed about watching them swim around her long limbs, she wouldn't harm them she merely just wanted to watch.

“speaking”

@Zosimos <3

Zosimos

S I M O

The water was cool against his throat, a welcome change from the normally tepid water of Solterra -- though he was sure that it would cause his belly grief later. Certainly, they had cool water but only if you could get down past the sun’s reach. His freckled lips brushed the surface of the water like a caress, his eyes closed as he also drank in the peace of this place. He could not recall such a lush, green place in Solterra other than the oasis -- which didn’t hold a damn candle to the babbling song of the creek. The delicate wings behind his ears were resting beneath the entanglement of ink and cream colored hair, nestled like the bird they took after and he looked for all intents and purposes just like any other being on the earth.

He was a long way from the desert sands, the creek in which he drank nestled between the dawn and dusk courts. He had been looking for fine, smooth stones to use for his craft as well as anything that appeared to be beautiful or with the potential to become such. The satchel at his hip was filled with his sparse findings thus far, but he had high hopes to at least find some things of worth that maybe he could use to trade for the materials he desired. A sound caused his ear to twist about, lifting his head as water dripped from his chin -- the stillness of the autumn morning broken by something just off to his left.

The stallion, colored like a storm splashed with cream, frowned -- and tread carefully. He was far from his allies and his home, quite close to border lines that might not welcome him. He took a deep breath, though he noted no odd smells other than the crispness of the air. The leaves that had fallen from the trees were of no aid to him as he crept closer to the sound, hiding behind a sparse bush just large enough to conceal him from view.

The stallion dropped his eyes quickly upon taking in the scene, clenching his eyes shut. Oh no! Had he spied on a lady bathing? It certainly seemed so, just the quick glimpse that he had caught painting a picture of a golden beauty splattered with cosmos of color who was just barely in the chilly water of the creek. His wings spread themselves, reaching forward to help cover his eyes -- and he risked peeking through one of the feathery tips to confirm his sight. He was hardly a lecherous man, but he had to know for sure!

”Ah, e-e-excuse me, miss! He called, covering his eyes again. What a sight he was, cowered behind a bush like some sort of peeping tom!

@Faye

coding by Avis

FAYE

F A Y E

Faye was so entranced by the many different fish that she didn't quite hear anyone approach her. That is until she heard the male voice in her ears, surprise crossed her features as she lifted her head to look in their direction. Finding a stallion..with wings on his head trying to hide his face, she kind of blinked slowly. Why was he so embarassed? She had to wonder as she kind of cocked her head to the side, her pale blue eyes watching him for a moment. "Um..hi. Are..you alright?" Faye questioned as she took a step towards him, her long mane slightly covered half of her face.

"You don't have to hide..I won't hurt you. I don't exactly bite..unless I have reason to." Faye offered the male a small teasing smile. Hoping to help ease the sudden tension and awkwardness in the air. Besides she wanted to actually see the face of this stranger, not just catch glimpses every time he peaked out from behind his wings. She briefly wondered if maybe Arcus might be close by and if he was..she hoped he wouldn't frighten this male. This one seemed much more skittish than anyone else she knew and she had to wonder why.

"My name's Faye if that helps any. Who might you be?" Faye asked as she stepped out of the water with a small shake of her body to get rid of the excess water that clung to her skin.

"speaking"

@Zosimos

space

Zosimos

S I M O

Heat flushed his cheeks, his feathered appendages still covering his eyes as he waited to be discovered by the feminine beauty that he had found in the creek's embrace. His ears quivered much like his knees as he listened to her bell-like voice ring out. O-oh? He wondered, tenderly lifting on of the delicate wings so that he could look again -- the mare coming out of the water. He could see for the first time that her golden pelt was splashed with a galaxy of colors-- vibrant pinks, purples and blues, and he perked up. His pale blue gaze wandered appreciatively, his artistic eye intrigued by the placement of those bursts of color. It was not until she spoke again that he truly heard her, his gaze flying to meet one that was nearly identical to his own.

His ears fell back against his skull at the mention of biting, a slight unease curling into his chest at the idea of being bitten. The stallion was no ninny, but he did not make a habit of hurting women (or anyone really) so if she was going to bite him well...he supposed there wasn't much to do about it. He laughed nervously, the sound a bit strangled in his throat. He glanced around at the scenery, the creek's quiet babbling in the background as he let an awkward silence fill the space for a few moments. "Faye?" He mused aloud, tilting his head as his wings finally tucked themselves back behind his ears -- laying down against the nape of his neck. "Like a fairy?" He asked, more aware of himself after a moment.

The stallion colored like a storm-cloud gave another pause, not wanting to admit that he knew anything about things like fairies. For all he knew they were just children's stories that his mother liked to tell. "Oh...I'm Zosimos. But you can call me Simo." He glanced at the creek and took another small step back. "I'm sorry to interrupt your...ahem...bath?" He asked, arching an eyebrow.

@Faye

coding by Avis