Welcome
Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current

Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 502
▶ Season || Summer
▶ Temp || 74℉ (℃) - 100℉ (℃)
▶ Weather || With the end of Spring comes Summer's warm embrace. While some flourish in the comfortable glow of the sun, others take shelter from its sweltering midday heat. Even so, it is now that the continent bustles with life, for it won't be long until a cool chill returns.

Spotlight

Character of the Season
Avdotya

Member of the Season
Jeanne

Thread of the Season
.. Cool your fever ..

Pair of the Season
Ipomoea and Messalina

Quote of the Season
Bexley gives him a cold, dark, beautiful smile. “Wanna see a trick?” she asks, eyes glowing with feral self-satisfaction. The bare of her teeth in a mock-grin is nothing less than terrifying. “I can make you see ghosts.” do the hungry ever sleep?

see here for nominations

DISCORD

OOC - Year 501 Fall - Spotlight Announcements!
inkbone — Administrator Signos: 2,190
▶ Played by inkbone [PM] Posts: 156 — Threads: 18
▶ Female Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 27 [Year 475 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 4' 11" Bonded:
SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Eik (played by Rae) on winning Character of the Season!

Eik has undergone a lot of changes in his short(ish!) time on Novus. Solterrans are known for their rough-around-the-edges nature, but Eik shows a more compassionate, moral nature to the strength - while a warrior, while strong, he is so strikingly different than most of those who roam the sands. He is soft and calm against the blazing heat of the sun. But even with his strength and prowess, is such a fate - being a warrior of sand - really what's in store for this warmblood?

Congratulate @spaced for winning Member of the Season!

Spaced has made some amazing strides within Novus - from the mind-blowing development of her characters, to running the current largest Court on Novus! Beyond her wonderful characters, she is a phenomenal person overall. She's been observed, time and time again, welcoming new members, plotting with (basically) everyone under the sun, and making wonderful tables for people! And even when she hits snags, like her laptop taking a nose-dive, her presence is still never gone! Muse finds a way! ;)

Congratulate to all WELCOME THE DAWN participants for winning Thread of the Season!
@Zaius (Odelae) and @Lyra (Keira)

Now, we were very sad this time around - no one had any suggestions for thread of the season! However, it allowed us to come upon a very lovely thread. Since this selection was chosen purely by the staff, we wanted to make sure it was fair. So, we found the very first thread created in the Fall season (TID# 1011) and the very last (TID# 1393), and used the random number generator to generate a number - and rolled until we got a TID for the first IC thread!

Roll 1 - OOC Thread ---- Roll 2 - OOC thread ---- Roll 3 - IC Thread

Now, this doesn't mean this thread is any less deserving than if someone suggested a thread!  Reading this was a wonderful treat, and I' mglad I found it via the roll method - otherwise I might not have had a chance to read this one <3 This was a truly wonderful and innocent (but not naive) thread to read. Odelae writes Zaius beautifully, just as Keira writes Lyra fantastically! The subtle hint at Zaius' melancholy (if not tragic) history makes this thread all the more addicting, although there is also a hint of whimsy. Both Lyra and Zaius almost seem like two peas in a pod already, so it'll be fun to see how their friendship progresses!

Congratulate @Torstein (played by Inkbone) and @Araxes (played by Jekyll) for winning Pair of the Season!

I'll admit, I love these two - albeit I am a bit biased. HOWEVER (and it is unfortunate, because we always encourage friendly competition!), there were no other couples actually suggested for this season's spotlights! So it falls to this surprising duo. No one - not even Torstein himself - would ever have thought they would end up together. Their love is tumultuous, and while Araxes loves fiercly, Tor is unknowing in where he truly stands. He cares for her, there's no denying that - he would murder someone to save the spotted mare, after all - but how much can a monster truly love anything? Despite this, the pairing continues to astound others, as well as be the subject of much gossip. Said rumors and whispers didn't stop when their twin boys, Cynix and Siavax, were recently born. Coincidentally, the twins are also the first foals born on Novus since it began to repopulate in Year 501!

SPOTLIGHT NOMINATIONS!

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 11/30/17!

So now that Novus' Fall season is coming to a close, Spotlight Announcements are right around the corner!
We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season

Only, who won Character OTS for 501 Summer, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: @Jude, @Isorath, @Eik

PAIR of the Season

Reichenbach&Florentine, who won Pair OTS for 501 Summer, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: @Torstein&@Araxes

THREAD of the Season

Thread must have been made or posted in during Fall (10/01-11/30)!

Current nominations: 

MEMBER of the Season

Roo, who won Player OTS for 501 Summer, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: @spaced, @Obsidian

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 501 Summer Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Spotlight Nomination!</font></div>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: <a href="">LINK</a> TO THE CHARACTER(s), THREAD, OR MEMBER
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

</blockquote></blockquote>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

Keira — OOC Account Signos: 360
▶ Played by Keira [PM] Posts: 36 — Threads: 2
▶ She/Her Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 14hh Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Jude
Reason: Jude is such a well written character, Minx has done a fantastic job with him! I love reading his threads and seeing how the poor baby deals with his social anxiety and people in general. Plus I mean..he's pink and I love pink.

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @spaced
Reason: Space is a joy to talk to and plot with! She's always been very welcoming to me and she has such wonderfully written characters. <3
[Image: clexasignature1_zpsaq9tc4ef_by_keira_woof-dbskrb7.gif]

Aislinn — Night Court Regent Signos: 65
▶ Played by roo [PM] Posts: 170 — Threads: 29
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 19 — Atk: 21 — Exp: 40
▶ 6 [Year 495 Fall] Active Magic: Stormsinger
▶ 16.0 hh Bonded: N/A
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Pair of the Season.
Show us: @Torstein and @Araxes
Reason: They have such an unlikely, lovely relationship.. and have you read their threads?! Ash might not approve but I DO <3

Which OTS: Member of the Season.
Show us: @spaced
Reason: I highly believe this is long overdue, and beyond well deserved. Linds is so so kind, and friendly, and her work and love and dedication to all of her characters is amazing! She has put in 200% with Reich. Not only that, but she's by far one of the most generous people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Lastly, have you read her writing?! Simply divine.

please tag Ash in all posts!
contact is encouraged except maiming & death—

☽☉☾

Reichenbach — Night Court Sovereign Signos: 1,705
▶ Played by spaced [PM] Posts: 287 — Threads: 33
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 37
▶ 8 [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Hypno-Singing
▶ 17hh Bonded: N/A
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: Isorath 
Reason: Ahhh Mana just writes him so perfectly, his personality and character comes across in everything he does -- whether that be pouring tea (quite often I imagine) or speaking with his Queen. Plus, he's dreamy!

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: PAIR
Show us: AraxesTorstein
Reason: I love both these characters so much! And who would have thought they would end up together?? Araxes is so sweet and gentle and Tor is this amazing war beast haha They're an absolute pleasure to read x

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: MEMBER
Show us: Oh man there is seriously so many people I want to nominate! But I'm going to have to nominate @Obsidian this time around for being such an all round welcoming, caring, amazing member who I have the privilege of calling friend <3
Reason: ^
[Image: 4_gin_by_fintron_dc3sjmx_by_space1993-dc3tav5.png]
please tag me in every post
contact is encouraged, reich loves a cuddle!

griffin — OOC Account Signos: 110
▶ Played by griffin [pm] Posts: 11 — Threads: 1
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 64 inches Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: Eik
Reason: I love this character! Rae writes him so beautifully, and I love reading him not only for the style but the way he's processing/learning everything about the court he's in and reconciling some of the harsher aspects of Day with himself. (also I ship him and Sera but shhh)

inkbone — Administrator Signos: 2,190
▶ Played by inkbone [PM] Posts: 156 — Threads: 18
▶ Female Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 27 [Year 475 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 4' 11" Bonded:
A huge congratulations to all the winners announced above!!