Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - they keep wandering

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cress

& those dizzy stargazers
who dreamed of the black
kept their heads in the clouds
& they never looked back

She’d gotten lost.

Let’s face it, this really should be the least surprising thing you’ve come across today, apart from gravity still functioning and the moon still orbiting the earth. As effortless as breathing, our little bluejay wanders and becomes distracted, and suddenly finds herself well off the beaten trail of wherever she’d been and somewhere entirely new. It was how she’d gotten to Novus in the first place, how she’d found the Dusk Court, how she always did everything. Generally, she just rolled with it, shrugged a bit and moved on to the next Great AdventureTM. She didn’t really worry too much about what she’d left behind or where she was supposed to be, because she was a firm believer in things happening as they should and living in the moment. Or something like that. You know, its really just possible that her attention span is so short that she just doesn’t notice.

Moving on.

It had been a productive summer. She’d wandered quite a bit, met a few interesting folks along the way. She’d tried her best to become friends with a buffalo, but it had other ideas (mostly eating, and fertilizing the fields) and she’d been forced to carry on elsewhere. Eventually, she’d made it back to the Dusk realm, and decided she should find the castle that her and Maude had talked about and get herself properly introduced to whoever she was supposed to introduce herself to.

It was a cool autumn day, the sun shining through the partly clouded sky and giving a bit of warmth to the crisp air. Leaves crunched beneath her as she landed – gracefully, for a change – and she took a few moments to step on a few extra dried ones, grinning to herself and delighting in the noise they made. Satisfied with her sped-up leaf deterioration, she finally took in the castle before her.

It wasn’t the first time she’d come across such a structure, but the ones she was used to were generally more… crumbly. Broken ruins and stone over taken by vines and flora – those were the castles she was familiar with. It was interesting to see this one still clearly in use.

The little bird folded her wings against her back as her bright amber eyes swept the building. Slowly, she walked toward the entrance, eyes gazing upwards at everything above her, most certainly not looking where she was going…

open!! any welcome!
IMAGE;HTML♥

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE
REICHENBACH'S BAE

Truly it is a wonder Florentine had not collided with someone before now. But when two girls in possession of the tendency to get utterly distracted, begin upon the same trajectory, well, collision is inevitable.

And so, with her mind on other things, her hair a tangle of gold thread and amethyst petals across her eyes, Florentine crashes into the bluejay girl. For a long and confusing moment, the girls are a tangle of blue and gold, feathers and flowers.

When at last they are free of each other, only startled petals and shocked feathers lie between them.
“Oh goodness.” Florentine breathes through the odd ache of her chest, “I thought I had finished my spar. I wasn’t expecting another attack.”

Wide, wide eyes peer at Cress, studying familiar baby blue skin and sunset orange eyes. She lets the moment drag as her dazed mind slowly sifts through her tangle of memories until, “Cress, right?” From between the tangled gold of her fringe Flora watches the prodigal girl with an oddly pleased look given their recent clash.

“I should introduce you to some of the warriors, you are pretty tough.”  The words tumble from lips that have already lifted into a rather impressed smile, her eyes glittering. She glances up toward the courts walls that reach up, up toward the skies above. “What were you looking at by the way – anything of interest?”  A pause, a frown, (a painful wrinkling of the scab left across her eye and cheek from where her brother so deftly clipped her in their latest battle), “Nothing’s about to fall down is it?”

@Cress <3 Sorry it took me a while :)

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Octavian

Octavian
Clack clack clack
One, two, three, four, one, two, three, four; he counted each step against stone like it would save his life. One, two, three, four, to anyone else it would seem the small thing of a horse was in a rush somewhere, something important to do, but really there was absolutely nothing to do at all. Octavian was bored because there was nothing to do and no one to care for, so, he sat. It went against everything in his nature to do absolutely nothing but... he could do this. 

Octavian couldn't. Springing up like he was on fire the stallion trotted on, one, two, three, four, one , two , three- voices. Given Octavian hadn't met anyone in this new land yet he jumped at the chance to see another horse or two. Picking up his pace he practically ran towards the voices loosing his breath fast, he was a little horse, and truly not in good shape. Out of breath, huffing and puffing like the little striped train that could Octavian had been going so fast he couldn't slow himself down. Trying all his might Octavian stopped so abruptly he almost flung himself forward. 

"Hello there!" his greeting came in a burst, he was out of breath and panting, his wooden beads clacking and chiming. Blowing a few curls out of his eyes the stallion caught his breath before looking up at the two mares smiling, his green eyes sparkling.  "For-forgive me, im not the most fit horse with these short legs and all!" he chuckled.  

Octavian took a second and realized that the golden woman had seemed injured, it was healing but she was still hurt. "Oh my dear! Are you alright my dear?" he seemed truly alarmed as if his tail had been set on fire. Octavian began dancing in place very worried and nervous, clack, clack, clack, one, two, three. 

Sometimes there's beauty in the tough words- it's all in how you read them 
 Notes: Hope you don't mind him jumping in! Also excuse my crappy post im still getting used to him! <3

@Cress @Florentine