Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - call on me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Liesel

L I E S E L

she breathed stars

and he gave her the rising sun

A bright laugh escaped her throat as she chased her King from the confines of their whispering Court, flitting and dancing along beside him like a golden eyed bird, delicate and dainty next to the muscles rippling underneath his dark skin. He moved with power, his vast wings flaring and tilting to keep balance as they ran and leaped, his path direct and immovable where hers was a prancing shifting delight around him. 

Liesel surrounded the King with her coconut and vanilla scent as it wafted from her silver hair, lightening the crispness of the day. She stopped only when her breath came in gasps and she had no more bright laughs to share, only a panting grin, mischievous and vibrant. After a moment of grinning at Kasil with burnt butter eyes, she started to notice her surroundings. 

She hadn't been in Delumine long enough to see the marvellous display of red headed flowers now peeking over the grass, each time she'd visited the meadow it had only been endless grass. Now... she took in the sight of the colourful field, her grin remaining plastered to her enigmatic face. Once more, as if she could not help it, her eyes returned to the strong, stoic vision of her King. She'd never seen him so relaxed, and without his headpiece he almost seemed... normal. As if there wasn't a Kingdom relying on him, or several other courtiers waiting to snatch him from her summer hands. 

Liesel pushed the thought back, taunting;

"I thought you were lost to the scrolls for good!"

@Kasil because it took me so outrageously long to reply to our old thread, I've started a new one for us directly after they left the Dawn Court xx and omg excuse me for the lame ending

space

Kasil

KASIL

He could not recall the last time that he had allowed his heart to soar, released from it's chains of responsibility and duty to the one thing he loved more than anything. His Court. Like a jealous lover, she stole all of him -- heart, mind and soul. He was consumed with the need to protect and serve her, and the people like children she bore to him. He let his mind wander briefly to the golden headpiece that he had tucked away, shedding his identity as king of the scrolls if only for a little while. The smell of coconut and vanilla drew his mind back to the present, away from the slightly guilty feeling that threatened to creep along his skin like the entangling ivy circling the citadel walls.

His path was straight and direct, his dark hair loose and free from it's usual entanglements. It flew behind him in the wind like a flag, his dark wings outstretched as if they were eager for him to take to the air and he might have if it were not for the golden-eyed girl dancing alongside him. He was watching her, though he was running as fast as he could go -- watching her lithe steps prancing along like a graceful deer compared to his running bull. He supposed he could have watched her forever, the pair of them taking turns chasing each other into eternity if it were not for the earthly limitations of their bodies. He slowed when she did, his breath ragged and gasping as he stomped the earth and lowered his head as he tried to catch it. His coal colored hair fell forward into his eyes, not held back in it's usual place by his golden headwear and he pushed a hand through it.

His chocolate eyes watched her from beneath a lidded stare, the silver lining to his cloudy day. He could not contain the smile the played along his lips like a child, raising his head once more to take in the field of poppies. He drew closer to her as she took in the field's beauty, careful not to crush any of the delicate flowers in his wake. "They're beautiful, right?" He asked, the light breathlessness still coloring his voice. Like you He wanted to add. He was close enough to warm her silver skin with his breath, her scent overwhelming. She was so different from the smell of books and earth that seemed to cling to him -- like a breath of fresh air. He found himself struck with desire to touch her, but froze when she spoke up and tried to convince himself that the idea was as crazy as it sounded.

"I have a responsibility to those scrolls." He said gently, turning his head away so that he could shake that urge he felt. He did not have any right to touch someone like Liesel, and better yet she was his guardian. It would not be right to feel the way that he was feeling -- a strange bubbly sensation that he did not know the word for. "I don't get as much time with them as I'd like...these days."

@Liesel that's ok! Probably best since they were leaving the court anyway. Hope this is okay! <3

coding by Avis

Liesel

L I E S E L

she must be a descendant of wolves,
for her skin is like pure moonlight

She couldn't help but to follow the silken line of his coal hair as it fell across his brow, admiring the way the warm sunlight glanced off it's ebony depths before he pushed the hair back absentmindedly. He was devilishly handsome, though Liesel felt certain the King hadn't realised his own appeal. He'd grown up here, she realised, a boy born to the Dawn, raised in the fair city and trained in politics she could never hope to understand — he'd probably grown into that strong jaw, too... into those wide, kind eyes that always seemed to set her limbs tingling. All too suddenly Liesel realised she was staring, his step closer turning her lupine eyes subtly away.

"They're beautiful, right?"

His voice is something soothing, a warm, buttery thing that had her wanting to step ever closer, to bask in the radiance that was his kindness, his soul. He was close enough for her to smell the parchment lingering on his skin, to hear the gentle rustle of his golden feathers. He emanated something she'd not felt from anyone before, gave her a feeling like... like nothing could go wrong if he was by her side. 

Liesel tucked those thoughts far, far inside her, an aching regret that she could not explore, not at the risk of harming Kasil's kingship, her position. Instead she planted a firm smile on her velveteen lips, lowering her silver lashes as she watched the flow of the crimson flowers, turning to Kasil as he looked away. She took the chance to study him, her eyes roaming the length of his arched neck, the strength of his shoulders and wings, the hair that she ached to brush away from the chiseled planes of his handsome face. 

She savoured the depth of his voice, eyes flicking subtly to watch his lips as he spoke. Her own voice came out breathier than she had intended and Liesel turned to watch the gentle horizon, abashed at the sweetness coating her tongue that hadn't been there previously. 

"You should make time to do the things you love, don't you think?"

Her gaze darted back to his and held, waiting for him to turn as the breeze nipped at her soft locks. She'd never been afraid of men or of revealing what she truly felt, but with Kasil... what she felt for him was a budding caress, insistent and exciting and yet similarly frightening. He was handsome and kind and good, a rare gem that she feared her dirty hands might ruin. How could she explain that she couldn't remember the beginning of her life, that she dreamed of another world and another lifetime but couldn't quite piece it together in her head or work out what it meant. There was too many depths, too many complications, too much history and blank space in her memories for a King to sort through. 

@Kasil yay!! <3 

space

Kasil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KASIL

His gaze scoured the flowers below them, reaching out with gentle hands to pluck a stray blossom of white from the sea of red. It was in the prime of life, lovely and vibrant, just like the woman next to him. He lifted his amber-colored gaze back up to her, gripped by the fears and anxieties that usually only bothered him in royal capacities. He felt the choking sensation of the invisible vines of his mind, threatening to throttle him where he stood.

Picking the flower had been an instinctual thing, but actually offering it seemed like a silent decree of something he was not sure would be welcome. His little stray flower was not a poppy, for he was all too aware of the significance of poppies. He found it odd and amusing that a flower shrouded in such death would flourish in a land where knowledge overtook the warrior’s path. He wasn’t quite sure of the meaning his little stray would hold.

His breath was held, caged inside of him as he offered it to the very object of his affection with a nonchalant smile. As if he did this very often, as if the mere idea of him sharing flowers with women was something he did with any sort of regularity. “I suppose that I should.” He said, his voice strained due to the lack of air.

“But what sort of king would I be if I indulged myself when there are so many things that need my attention?” He smoothed back the hair from his face, the golden diadem that typically held it in place for him absent from his crown. He felt unkempt, unruly without the thing -- as if it were some sort of security blanket that he had not realized he had. It had once been a heavy thing on his head, now he felt strange without it.

“Say,” He murmured, glancing again in her direction. “Do you think they’ve noticed we’ve gone?” He asked, nodding his head in the direction of the keep.

@Liesel ok, how tf did a month almost two go by. I’m so sorry for the wait on this :(

coding by Avis