Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Curious and Irreverent But Not Indifferent

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kijazza

Kijazza's trek up the mountain was a long and ardurous one. She ran out of breath frequently and had lost her footing no less than three times already (thank goodness for wings). It was not, of course, an appeal to the gods that sent her all the way out to the mountain. No, no, of course not. It was the call of rare stones and fascinating rock formations that kept her determined to climb up Veneror Peak. She thought gleefully of the samples she could collect, of what she might learn, and it pushed her forward, no matter how much it made her stocky legs ache. She stopped short of actually entering the worship site itself and relieved herself of the heavy pack on her shoulders to begin her observation and study.

Kijazza, like any Novus resident, was familiar with its gods. She had heard stories from Fabulene all the time when she was a foal. There was also that one time she met an old Dawn Court sage while engaging in trade with the area, but it barely registered a blip in her life history. It was only a couple of years ago that she had decided on an agnostic viewpoint in regards to the gods. There were too many questions, too many things that put doubt in the existence of the gods, and not enough answers. And yet, Kijazza kept an open mind. It did not seem like an impossible idea that gods might exist. She paused as she chipped away at some rock with a chisel and looked further up Veneror Peak where the site of worship laid. 

She might have to try and run some tests some day. What tests she could not be sure... how did one test the gods? She was sure she would figure it out. Eventually. In the meantime, she finished chipping off some more rock samples and resumed carrying her pack. She started to trek up to the site of worship, and she paused a moment at the entrance to admire the great twisting stone pillars that decorated the clearing.

She trotted over to one and put her hoof upon it, a look of admiration and wonder on her face. Regardless of whether they were naturally occurring or constructed by skilled artisans, she could not help but be impressed. She took a moment to continue to eye up the stone pillars until the shrines to the gods caught her eye.

Naturally, she gravitated to Solis' shrine. Being a citizen of Day Court technically meant she was under this god's jurisdiction... or whatever, right? She bore neither ill will nor admiration as she looked on at the shrine. She figured it was appropriate enough that she was a member of the Day Court. Out of all the gods, she felt like she could probably identify with Solis the most. Well, sure, she didn't really understand the whole battle-lust thing he seemed to have going for him, but the sense of humor? The confidence? Guy seemed like he'd know how to party.

"Nice place you got here," Kijazza remarked, aloud. She sat upon her rump and opened up her pack, pulling out a canteen of wine. She took a swig of it. 

"It must be pretty nice being a god. Getting to lounge around all day and do nothing and get people's respect and admiration despite not doing anything. You even get some gifts out of it! Nice." She nodded her head casually. She was aware that she might as well be talking to herself, but that really hadn't stopped her before.

She looked through her pack a moment, then pulled out another canteen of wine which she laid in front of the shrine, perhaps as an offering. "You can never carry too much wine, am I right? It's good stuff. You know, even if it's entirely possible you and your fellow god and goddesses could just be an old mare's tale that's gained too much traction over time, I don't mind sharing this with you. Why? Because if I drink wine alone, it makes me look like I have problems. If it's with someone that at least some equines think exist, then it probably counts as a social activity."

She grinned at the shrine, displaying a row of large flat teeth. "Hey, you know what could be fun? If you had any kind of inclination to show me a miracle right now. That would be great. You probably haven't done one of those in a while, right? I mean, could be a good icebreaker. You're just sitting there talking with someone, and then - boom! FIRE IN THE SKY!" She reared up a moment, then sat back down again.

"Or, you know, you could be a total party pooper and not do anything like usual."

She fell silent and seemed to sulk a moment, then brightened upon catching sight of something glimmering just a little beyond the shrine. "Oh, hey! Are those the kind of sedimentary deposits I think they are?" She started to rush towards them.

(OOC: All welcome if they'd like!)