Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Beyond your flowers of flaming truth {Relic Contest}

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Weir

home is behind the world ahead
 there are many paths to tread

There is already so many things she is learning about her new ‘home’. She has met a handful so far and seen more as she traveled, she thinks she even saw one flying. There was something she would never forget, long dark wings blacked the sun out for a moment and then they were gone, so fast was their travel, she would never be able to keep up. Weir had taken some time to explore some of the more social lands in-between and within the counts. She wanted to be more familiar with her now 'home'. So for this part of her search, she returned home to the dusk court.

It was the closest thing that resembled anything Weir could recognize from her previous life as a rejected king’s albino human bastard daughter. This place looked like a place fit for her father, it was huge. The details are familiar to her old life but this craftsmanship was much more perfect, more exquisite, so precise, stunning, and breathtaking that it felt like only the gods could have created the dusk courts one building.

The large pole and stone carving and structural supports are extremely detailed. The doors tall and wide, much bigger than anything Weir would need on her own. It seemed like a giant could fit through them. The floors seemed to tell a story about a mare but not just any mare. Her beauty surpassed anything Weir could imagine and immediately she felt a desire tingle at her heart strings to know who the woman is and to know more about her.

Attentions to the details in life is important and to have a good eye for colors, patterns, and things that mesh well together. Like creating works of art in your head before you have any of the pieces in your possession. This whole world seems like that. Something she is beginning to piece together in her mind. The walls giving her clues as to her god and to what is important to her. Weir wonders if this all was made by her god. Continuing further into the palace like building she found several rooms with bowls that had powders in them and stones where roots, seeds, flowers, and dried up leaves seemed to have been left abandoned on the tables. It looked like the healers building near her village growing up. Some were tied up in bundles and hanging around the rooms, and others were organized in jars, bowls, and piles.

Weir nosed at some of the plants, taking in their features and smells and categorizing them into her memory. She would need to learn more about them. Some plants and flowers she recognized from exploring but many were still foreign to her. As she searched, she noticed that the jars had names on them that were covered up with the dust and spider webs. She used her lip to wipe the dust away from some of the jars and saw the words written: michaelmas daisy, culver’s root, and ocotillo.

She continued to read and inspect the jars as she moved around the dusk courts building. Learning, exploring, and searching.

All are welcome to join

coding: © x

Rostislav

I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

No... before you ask. (Just don't ask.) No, I did not find the relic. Not an egg, not a bone, not some magical cloak. All the places I've been have been free of relics yet HERE I AM SEARCHING. I figure that eventually I'm gonna find it. Someone is going to find it, right? Forget it.

I left the sea, retraced my steps up the winding path back up to the cliffs. From there I headed back the way I had come, to the North. I walk through the grassy fields, glancing along the way for some corpse that's going to jump up and scream "YOU FOUND ME I'M A RELIC!" Wishful thinking, am I right? But instead I find something else... A building.

It would be an understatement to say I was not expecting that. I walk through an arch, flanked by large stone pillars and into a building that. Well.. I don't know what to think of it. It's stranger than anything I've been in in possibly forever. Floors, walls... A noise distracts me and I peer around the corner to find... Weir. Of course I find myself surprised to see her, but I can't help but find myself pleasantly surprised as well. After all, she was the first one I met upon my arrival here and the one to introduce me to this damned relic search. The latter part of the thought rips the growing grin from my face. Perhaps I'm not as happy to see her as I thought. After all, this chase has been fruitless so far and I'm wondering what the point of it all is.

"Zdravstvuyte, Weir."

"."

Weir

Weir continued to twist jars around and inspect names and take mental notes of plants and what they look like. Something that came to mind though was if any were dangerous? Which ones heal? What ones can make a good tea? Which one can fight an infection? Weir knew at this moment that she knows little about her new home. She has learned some things about the gods but the plant life is so different from her previous home. There is only a handful of things that are familiar to her. Her ears flicked backwards as she heard hooves step on the hard floor. She tried to act like she didn’t know someone was coming and continued to inspect things on the table until she heard the steps almost behind her and she turned to face this stranger who she soon learned is no stranger at all.

He spoke in some language that she could not understand though. A puzzled look came across her face and her head and horns tilted to the side as her mind mulled over what he said. His tone of voice made it seem to have been a greeting. She smiled regardless of her curiosity. Familiar faces are rare here in Novus for her. She looks at him and steps forward to meet him. As she near him she reaches out with her muzzle with the intent to brush his check lightly with her nose before pulling back. Good day to you Rostislav. It appears you have found the Dusk court. I am a caretaker for the Dusk Court. I was just trying to learn some new things about the fauna around Novus. Here let me show you!
Weir turned back towards the wall in no particular rush. The rooms here are more than large enough to accommodate her large caribou horns.

Her feet are light on the ground but still audible. Looking across a shelf for a moment before she grabbed a small jar and turned to set it on the table. Weir learned that in Novus you can control small objects close to you with your mind. With no hands in this horse body, weir has found this to be extremely accommodating. She used her mind to lift out a red flat and dry flower with a black center. She turned and showed it to Rosti. This is the red poppy. It used to grow like a weed in the spring time around my cottage growing up. We would use it for remembrance ceremonies. There are other uses like for ridding the body of pain. There are also bad side effects too so it is not to be used lightly. Her pink eyes looked over her new friend. She felt some fear inside but did her best to keep down and not let it surface.

@Rostislav

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

A Random Event Has Appeared!

As the horses draw near, a red fox scurries out of hiding and rushes past the equines to the next room. In its rush, it drops a small but heavy object to the ground, leaving it behind for the fresh air outside.

It is up to you to decide what object the fox dropped is! @Weir and @Rostislav may both redeem two common items of their choosing or 250 signos! Simply post in the Signos Redemption Thread with what prize you'd like to claim and a link to this thread.

Happy writing!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Rostislav

surrounded by the world

The stripe-painted unicorn turns her crown toward me, and I feel relief when I see in her eyes the gaze of a friend. Her soft velvet muzzle extends toward my cheek, and I feel my body light up as she touches me. (Ok time-out. That's the first time I've been touched by a woman in ages and I don't care HOW platonic it is, holy CRAP. Hnnng, body.. body shhh. Shh FRIEND.) I whicker softly in response, a gentleness emanating from me that I didn't know what possible, nor did I expect in my wildest dreams. Even though I know she is only expressing a friendly greeting, I can't help myself. Pretending that nothing is happening within me, like no emotions have been stirred, I let her direct my gaze toward the jars on the counter.

I see the jar move easily through the air and feel my jaw open slightly in surprise. I was not aware that we could just.. move shit. I look down at the leather flask around my neck. Being able to move stuff into it with my mind would be a lot easier than stuffing it in there with my teeth. Huh. She removes a delicate looking flower and tells me it is a poppy. I extend my nose to sniff it, expecting to dedicate a smell to the memory. I pull my head back to look at the lady's face, but before I can make the complete turn a motion catches my eye. I snap my head around to look behind me, and see a small red fox running quickly from the room (perhaps into another? or maybe just far, far away from us crazy-looking folk). I glance at Weir. "Wonder what that was about...."

I turn away from the poppy. I'm still interested in what Weir has to teach me - not to mention she mentioned this being the Dusk Court and her home. (Caregiver?) There are many questions I have for her. But I'm distracted by the wildlife. I see something gleaming on the floor - a red stone, now as I approach. It glows softly, just barely, and has some strange marking on it that looks like a rune. I have no idea what it means, or why a fox would have a stone. I try out these mental powers that Weir has demonstrated, and to my great astonishment, the stone rises in the air, and I move it over to the counter where the jars are. It's too pretty to call a rock, but too simple to be a gem. I nose it - it's cold to the touch, scentless. "There is so much I don't know, Weir." I'm honest with her, more than I normally would like to be. Generally I don't enjoy admitting my faults, especially to a gal that gets my pulse thumbing.

"."
@Weir

Damascus

DAMASCUS
he was like a storm,
"WHAT THAT WAS?" The child bellowed from the sky, his wings of old eagles carrying him much too close to comfort toward the mighty structure of the Dusk court. He'd watched with wonder as a fox of the most brilliant vermillion had scurried from the grass, though Damascus of course had next to no understanding of what a fox actually was. Intrigued only by the fox and not what it had left behind the colt staggered to the ear, his wings holding him aloft as his hooves ate at the ground. 

"WHERE GO IT!?" was his next hoot, shoving his nose cheek-deep into a rabbit hole in search of the vulpine. A snort escapedh is nose, trumpeting throughout the rabbit holes and sending it's inhabitants scurrying away in a panic as the quarry-driven stag honked and hooted his way further into the burrow (soon to reach eye depth). 

Though, just like the last time he had found himself in this predicment, he soon found it damn near impossible to breathe. So with a glance from the only eye that remained above ground (his right) he looked to the two who stood by, both of whom he recognised from the fields.
"Ah, help you me" He muttered "Breathe I not".
His racing mind was far from the relic and the fox now - he just wished to escape this snare.

☀︎ ☀︎

Weir

Everything happened slowly at. First with the comfortable conversation with this new friend and then suddenly a fox scurried by shocking weir down to some sort of core. She could hardly contain herself as she jumped to rush behind her spiral horned friend in fear of where this fox came from and why it would choose to scare her as such. A cry escapes her lips and hooves fly in the process. Her eyes peeked out from behind him and watches as the fox drops the red stone to the ground. As fast as the fox appeared, it disappeared and was gone. Before weir had a chance to collect herself and investigate the fox, Rosti took up the challenge and inspected the object for her. It was a stunning color and the markings are in shapes she had never seen before but immediately she wanted the object that now sat on the table. Taking her mind off of the object, she felt quite impressed of Rosti who had caught onto the telekinesis quite quickly. Before she could finish her thoughts on the matter a large dark blundering stallion nearly crashes into them as he stumbles around to try and catch the fox. He buries his nose into a hole where the fox disappeared and it seemed he instantly regretted his decision. Weir stares blankly at this wild stranger in shock as he looks over and asks for help. She doesn’t know if she should laugh, run, or just stand here like a fool.

A mischievous smirk crosses her lips as she looks to Rosti and to the stranger. Casually she walks over to the table and snatches the red stone with her teeth and like a child she prances over to this winged stranger hoping that Rosti had not noticed her grabbing the stone. She struts over to the stranger and using her shoulder against his shoulder she hopes to shove him back enough that he might get free. Hopefully upon freeing the stranger she flashed the red stone in front of her friends and then hovers it in the air near her face as she says If you want the stone, come and get it! She mainly looks to Rosti before dashing out of the temple and towards the distance with a giggle.

@Rostislav @Damascus
Trying to close old threads up but if you guys really want we can keep this going or just call it good where this is at. :) Weir likes treasures so she just HAD to have it. lol

Rostislav

surrounded by the world

A stallion that looked vaguely familiar ran into the room, his attention on the fox that has cleverly escaped from him. (As sly, clever foxes do.) Poor Damascus (yes, that's his name!) has let his curiosity and the chase get the best of him, and before my eyes I watch the poor boy get his muzzle stuck in the hole. He begs Weir and I for our assistance. I can't help but chuckle in response, for never in my life have I seen something so amusing. Of course I don't plan to leave him struggling, but just for a moment, my silver eyes watch him in amusement.

Weir has her own agenda, and she dances past me to try to shove Damascus and help him out of his predicament. It's just what I'd been thinking, but she had moved to it first. Just then she flashes the red stone (that we had JUST discovered..) from in between her teeth, and dashes out the door! I stand, flabbergasted, slowly registering her taunt. It all just seemed to happen so damn fast. I glance at Damascus, making sure he has been rescued from the fox hole. "Well... I guess we'd better follow. C'mon Damascus, let's go!" And so without another thought, I give chase, rushing out of the pale horned mare.

"."
@Damascus
Wrapping it up on my end!

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

Staff note: LAUREN redeemed signos for completing the thread.

the novus crew

the someday crew