Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - To tell you the truth

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

I S O R A T H
— and I sank beneath the amorous sadness of night.

Once more it's another night in the library, surrounded by soft candle light and the rich smell of ink and ancient tomes. The flames flicker off the stone walls and paint everything in a soft and comforting glow, soothing troubled minds and worried hearts with the promise of escape in the books that find a home within.

Tonight, the smell of ink and parchment, like most nights since the Terrastellan had come to call Denocte home, is accompanied by the smell of lavender and vanilla. Tea smoke fluttered out of the open window by the desk he often lay near, the ornate pot roosting on it's burner like a dragon upon it's jewels. Uncharacteristically, the Sage is absent from the plush pillows and richly embroidered blankets, creating an angry wound in an otherwise ethereal canvas.

Instead, the sage moved through the dark wood and stone, past his favorite books and those that he had not ran his lilac gaze over. Wrapped in one of the blankets painted in constellations and fantastical beasts of myth and legend, his starlight hair barely pinned into a singular braid, he is relaxed and somber at this hour. Near silent on porcelain hooves until he settled to lean against the archway to Araxes usual haunt within.

"Araxes," He began and then paused, as if he was unsure about his next words. Isorath is not the type to openly care, his more tender emotions are locked behind a cage of thorns and ice. His care reserved for those who have managed to scale the frosty walls and brambled edges. Yet the champion has been a quiet but constant presence night after night, as they sit in opposite ends of the libraries absorbed in their work, and she is a part of the Court which has welcomed him openly and without suspicion. If anything, he owes her this, as he regarded her injured frame with veiled concern. "Would you like some tea?"

TAG: @Araxes
NOTES:
"this here is your speech colour!

Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

It had been a few weeks since the unfortunate happening at the beach, and Araxes certainly showed signs of her injuries still. The odd motion of her walk (stiff and careful), the wing that had to be wrapped against her head to heal the broken bones within. The wounds that were beginning to pucker and scar among a bespeckled blanket of fur on her body. They weren't as bad as they had been, but it was still enough to hinder the champion as she moved and walked, carefully meandering the books of her area.

Cyn and Sia were likely off somewhere else, taking care of themselves, but she knew they would be safe so long as they were together. That, and the Sovereign that had been the one to create all of that tension in the first place? She had heard whispers of his rumored death by the jaws of a beast that had roamed the canyons, and since then, things seemed to ease up. Her pain not so much, but that didn't much matter to Ara, and she carefully lay on the cushions gathered to sink down in to them and ease up aches as she sighed out, carefully pulling several herbs to her to start stripping off the leaves, using her telekinesis to do it.

It wasn't until there was the sound of her name that she looked up. Her normally braided hair was kept up on her neck in a giant bunch, held up out of the way and to allow her freedom of movement. The same was with her tail, all folded up carefully and wrapped to a loose bun that ensured she wasn't dragging the hair and snagging on things. "Oh, Isorath.." Her voice was warm despite herself, slate eyes brightening a little and a smile pulling on her lips as she lifted her head up a little.

She wished she could stand rapidly, but there was too much pain at the moment to get herself up when she had just gone down.

"Tea? That sounds lovely.. thank you for bringing some for me," Ara said, her voice warming a little more, gaining the soft chime she usually had. Some part of her was still bouncy and childish, waiting to come out, but it would be a long while until she was healed properly enough for it.

Even her salves and drinks didn't do too much to speed the process along.

@Isorath || yess swee sage fransss

Isorath

I S O R A T H
— and I sank beneath the amorous sadness of night.

"Expecting someone else?" His tone is one of warm teasing, as mischief momentarily rippled within the swirling vortex of his amethyst gaze. It appeared he wasn't the only one who occasionally let down their meticulously styled hair for an evening, noting the rather large bunch which held Ara's enviable amount of hair — something the Kirin could appreciate.

Briefly, his eyes flickered to the bandaged wing and a note of sympathy appeared to line the sharp contours of his ethereal face. Cruel, doubly, to cause such damage but to also deny a winged creature dominion of the sky. It's gone as quickly as it came, like a leaf on the southern breeze, sympathy could easily be perceived as pity, and pity was not something Araxes needed.

Disappearing for a moment to fetch the tea pot and the cups of steaming tea, the Sage juggled them with practised ease within the grip of his teke as he settled beneath his blanket at the opposite side of the table the Champion currently occupied. "There is no need to thank me. It's Chamomile, if you were wondering." He explained with a tip of his head, setting the tea pot to the side and sipping at his own already, settled beneath the comfort of his blankets as he slipped into a momentary but comfortable silence.

His gaze flicked once more to the visible wounds and bandaged wing, underneath the canopy of his snow white lashes, while his mind mulling over his next words. "Are you healing well?" Isorath asked easily enough, accent heavily laced through his question. "I know a poultice that may help for the soreness and stiffness." 

TAG: @Araxes
NOTES:
"this here is your speech colour!

Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

"Perhaps one of my sons, I thought at first." Sia and Cyn didn't visit often, but they were growing boys, bent on exploring and of course, poking around places they shouldn't. After her injuries were sustained, they were sticking close by, but sometimes they would wander a little, and it wasn't uncommon. Still, the sweet smile pulled on her lips and she let out a breathless chuckle, one that made her ribs ache a little before she ceased it, attempting to ease the clench. "It's good to see you again, however. I've come to enjoy your company." Though it was more silence than anything between them, it was good to appreciate someone being around while they both read through books and inscriptions.

The smell of the tea teased at her sensitive nose, and slate eyes softened somewhat more (something that could be deemed impossible) as she leaned and gently pulled her cup to herself. It balanced, placed down as she gave it a gentle swirl to stir up the contents and release more of the wonderful scent. "Ah, I love Chamomile," she admitted. The smell, mostly, was soothing, but she knew it would be good for her.

Slowly, Araxes sipped at the tea, taking care not to burn her tongue foolishly in the process, and the cup was set down with a gentle sound. Her attention shifted, from the books that were near her, to the other sage, and her lips twitched a little in to a smile that was more than grateful. "Slowly but surely, yes. It's.. well. The stiffness and aches, and I believe there's a fractured rib or two," she began, her free wing giving the slightest ruffle and releasing a small ivory feather that drifted down onto the table. She'd been losing them for a while too due to the trauma to them, as well as a molt.

"I would love any sort of recommendation, really. I've been coming up blank for myself when it comes to what I need." Granted, her little herb garden still had to grow some more. Already it took up a decent part of her quarters, though the more necessary plants were still only small sprouts. Others were dried and hung up, prepared and ready, but she saved those for the ones that needed it.

@Isorath || yess swee sage fransss