Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Better thank your lucky stars {Relic Contest}

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Weir

home is behind the world ahead
 there are many paths to tread

With all the searching, today was a successful treasure hunt and adventure. She found a beautiful half dark stone but on the other side it was a deep orange and gold color. She had to wrap it into a leaf to keep it in her mane with her other treasures. She would eventually find a nice place to hide them but with leadership still being decided and everything one giant land, well, Weir worried her little trinkets would be found if not hid perfectly so she will wait. Her legs are tense and tired from walking since morning and turning rocks over in the streams. She still did not find the relic from the time god. She wouldn’t know what to do with something like that. Would she want that responsibility? Would she be able to handle it? Would it corrupt her? Would she hurt someone like she was hurt? What kind of power can something that has been touched by a god have in it?

Her mind, with all its questions, became too much on her weary body and she walked out into the Susurro Fields to look out at the stars. The moon is full tonight and against her white and ivory back, she shone as bright as any of the stars in the sky. She is in no hurry to get anywhere but she is always vigilant, always watching, always keeping an eye out for danger, and for shiny things. Tonight, she walked slowly. She is just looking here and there into the bushes. She is just taking in the moment and enjoying her new homeland in the dusk court.

All are welcome

coding: © x

Rostislav

Rostislav
I leave the Dusk Court after my reunion with Weir, the rosy striped lady, and head out toward the north. I wander only a little distance, separating myself from my erstwhile companion, then lie down from a nap. As I'm drifting off to sleep it occurs to me that so much has happened, I've barely slept. And when I have -- well I've been out like a fucking drunk ought to be. My other thought is that perhaps this ... search, goose chase, treasure hunt.. has done me some good. Instead of pining away, lost in my own misery, it's given me a goal, a small purpose. I'm not the only one in this Novus, and perhaps.... Well I shouldn't get ahead of myself. My mind surrenders to the sleep that continues to slowly lower my lids until my conscious has - more or less - left the building.

When I awaken the sun has set and the stars in the night sky shine down on me, bathing my shagginess in the moonlight. I rise t to my feet with a groan and shake off the remaining fingers of sleep. Letting my mind take its time to start functioning again I continue my journey north without much intention. To my less-than-great surprise, I find I've caught up with Weir again and I approach softly, murmuring a small 'hello Weir' in her direction. Our continual meeting is digging a hole in my being for her existence to sit. I'd say heart... but the heart is on lockdown and no one is allowed in. Still, a small fondness or warmth now accompanies her sighting. I flick my tail out to touch her rump, feeling DARE I SAY playful! Then as if nothing has happened I look down into the bushes with her, resuming our mutual search for the relic of Tempus.

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Weir

Weir loved watching the stars. Her father had laid her down in her youth and taught her the constellations and what they are called. He taught her about what time of year you can see which constellations in what part of the sky. He taught her how to use the stars to find direction. She loved to think that there is something bigger in this world than just where she is right now. She wonders if there is a place in some greater plan for her in the stars. She felt like the answers are in the stars and that is where she belongs. She always loved birds for this reason. She felt like birds are messengers to the gods. Just the idea to her is romantic.

She is stargazing where a familiar face walks up to her. She smiles warmly and lazily in his direction. Her ivory skin glowing next to his darker form as he approaches her. She thought in this moment how his mottled coat reminded her of the stars that she saw about her. His curled horns reminded her of the streaks she saw in the sky likes bands that held the stars from falling to earth. He doesn’t speak a word and she is comforted by this. She liked that in him. He seemed like he knows something about this world that she might now, like there is something to learn from him and she is comforted even more by this. She is curious to know more but is in no rush to figure it all out now.

She feels the flick of his tail and can’t help to let out a soft and quick pitched squeak. She had not expected that but it brightens her whole face and brings a little color to her albino cheeks. In the darkness, it is hard to see and that helps her embarrassment. She can’t help when color rushes to her cheeks. She had felt so nervous around other males but this one…this one is different. IN her mischievous mind, she flicks her tail back in his direction before turning away to look into another bush with her rump facing him. She peeks over her shoulder to see how he reacts before shaking her mane, long braids tossing to the other side of her neck and the leaves clicking in her horns. Good evening Rosti. I hope you don’t mind me calling you that. It appears we both still havnt found this strange object. How far have to gone my friend? She leaves the conversation with that as she walks away a few steps and looks in yet another bush but doesn’t go very far. She tries to act like she doesn’t care much that he is there even though she wants to remain near him.

@Rostislav
<3

Rostislav

Rostislav
Her gentle gaze keeps my mind and body at peace, and I realize that I'm relieved she isn't offended by my presence. Perhaps it is because I don't reek of booze, but Weir seems to accept my existence more than the average equine. (Male and female alike.) Generally I've noticed that the ones who do like me, tolerate me. The ones who don't... well... I've received plenty of abuse. Not that I care. It would be a mistake to think that it bothers me - everyone to their own and I expect to be rebuked at least fifty percent of the time. The fact that she seems so unperturbed by me, even happy to see me... and what's more I'm happy to see her.... Her squeal amuses me and a smile flicks across my face. She flicks her tail at me and, though I carefully mask my reaction, inside I light up. The flirtations have continued from the Dusk Court. My heart pumps harder, faster, and my skin is electric. I bite back a groan. After all, I'm only a simple man with simple needs.

I notice in my peripheral vision that she's glanced back to see my reaction, and I hope I've hidden it well enough. Although every bit of me is screaming TAP THAT!.. I like Weir. Not just I wanna do her but I like her. I don't want to scare her off by being a the brute that I truly am. I wry smile glances over my lips and disappears as soon as it came - Damaris would be proud of my restraint and apparent respect. The shake of her head and mane indicate a chance in topic. The flirting is over.. at least, the obvious, physical flirting.

She uses my name and I feel warmth inside me. "Rosti is fine." I interrupt her to confirm her use of a nickname doesn't bother me at all. 'My friend.' The warmth grows. "Aye, I have been looking but to no use. I have explored, yes, but not far since the Court." I nod to the north, referencing the Dusk Court where we just came from. "If only I knew more about it -- what it looks like, its purpose. I can't even keep track of where I am half the time. I've been to Ruris.. and here in Terrastella.." I hesitate, checking the names with her, for though I think I've got them right, I can't be sure. I've got a decent bit of life-knowledge, but not so much the Novus-knowledge. She moves away, and as nonchalantly as possible, I move with her.

WC: 433
Tag: @Weir
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Damascus

D A M A S C U S

[Image: tumblr_nia02x9g341r8da12o1_500__1__by_ne...bdorm8.gif]

FALLEN OUT OF BED FROM A LONG & WEARY DREAM

It wasn't unusual for the ashen boy to be found among the whispy blades of grass, nor where the wind whislted loudest. The Sussoru fields had been where the boy had chosen to roost, and even after weeks of living on this strange new continent he still felt as though it had an a bdundance of surprises in wait with each day that dawned. There was always a new rabbit warren to suss out, a new tattered bundle of leaves with the scent of another land upon it, and a new sunrise to watch over the entire landscape. That was what he liked about these fields.

When he witnessed strangers upon it, for some reason he wished them to leave. This was his nesting ground after all. Though, as his starry eyes crooned deeper in their direction he noted that the male was one he had witnessed before on more than one occasion. Rostislav, or something of the sort - a silly name that reminded him of dirty oil and roots. 

Still the child within him felt the need and yearning to greet them, to be a part of the conversation too. besides, he certainly wasn't a rude fellow - just a bit impolite perhaps.
"Hallo to you" he came to bellow across the field, his voice deeper than most five-times his age. "Ros-tas-liv, name of you?" he asked the horned brute as he approached to  clarify, just incase he'd somehow made up the strange name. The other was a fine woman of perplexing colours and shapely legs - were the boy slightly older his eyes ought to be hungrily wandering her flesh, though his innocence as a two year old remained and his eyes stayed affixed upon her peach-coloured irises. 
"Name of you be?" He asked her, feeling as though he had in fact spotted her in these lands before. "Damascus I am" He would then introduce, bowing his head as he did so.

love, space

Weir

Weir could completely understand how you can get backwards in this land, it is so new and foreign and large. Weir has hardly crossed half of the land herself! She may never see every corner but that all depends on what monsters live out there or where she might end up next. She looks over at this Rosti and his approval of his name and so it was settled. She smiled gingerly in his direction at his agreement. You will always be Rosti to me. All of the sudden there is a large male voice in the distance and she looks over to see a large dark Pegasus with no mane and the most interesting and intriguing gold ring in his nose. Immediately he has Weirs attention, weir loves little treasures and collecting them as this pair probably knows after she had taken off with the red stone at the dusk court. Something she has well-hidden now for safe keeping.

He is well formed and moves smoothly this time compared to last time they have seen each other at the court. She smiles genuinely like she would towards any stranger. Well this stranger already knows her friend Rosti here. Weir felt a little jealous but she knew that Rosti had explored much more area than she has and so she simply glances out of the corner of her eye at Rosti. As the stranger makes his final approach, he asks of her name. The look on her face must have been humorous and priceless as she seemed shocked someone would care to know her name but she pulls herself out of it and smiles almost fleetingly at this Damascus. What a lovely name she thinks. She bows in response to his courtesy. This is a familiar notion from where she came from and so it made her feel like home. She did think of how he spoke though. It was not in full sentences, instead it was broken up in a shortened language. How curious. Hello Damascus. I am Weir. Would you mind me asking where you are from? And you look so familiar. Are you the one that got stuck in the hole after chasing that fox perhaps? She knew she was putting him on the spot and ignoring Rosti for a moment but she didn’t mind. Damascus looked so intriguing.

@Rostislav @Damascus
Trying to close up threads but didn't know how to end this one.

Rostislav

Rostislav
She's sweet this Weir, and she has most definitely lodged "Rosti" in her head as my name. It works for me, as an appropriate abbreviation to Rostislav. After all, to those whose native tongue isn't Russian, it can be a mouthful. But then a voice sounds from behind me, and I turn to look at the approaching equine. A smile splits across my face, for I recognize him as Damascus. He greets me, trying to find his way around my name. A chuckle slips out - Russian may be forever beyond this fellow if he can't master my name. But then I'm sure I'd never be able to master his native tongue either. For whatever it is (and Weir asks that very thing), it is peculiar and foreign.

I dip my head in greeting, a smile landing squarely on my face. "Damascus, good to see you got free, my friend. Sorry we left you behind!" A small guilty look shows itself but disappears nearly as fast. I'm feeling mischievous and I can't say that I minded chasing after Weir. Plus, I felt confident that he could manage after Weir assisted him. So... sorry not sorry? I keep that to myself, but glance between the unicorn and the pegasus. A wave of contentment and warmth flows through me, happy to have two near me that I can call my friends.

Walk. Talk.
Short n sweet? Also sorry for incessant tagging. Continue if you want or we can wiggle our char's out xD
@Damascus

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit