Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - deep in our bones.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

Araxes still tended to move gingerly, though now it was far less than it had been. Her scabs were now scars, and the wing that had been broken was now mended. Her chest was still sore from fractured ribs, and her legs still ached if she was on them for too long, but it was far better than she had been.

Her hair, the massive length it was on her neck, was all bunched up in to a massive bun of sorts, piled up and pinned down so she wouldn't stagger or step on it, or -- pray be she didn't -- trip on it. The champion was... well, mending, and tired, looking up at the sunset that crawled down the horizon, lighting everything in reds and golds, wonderful hues that reminded her of Solterra and its deserts, and of course, its Warden.

Funnily enough, there was a familiar figure trudging toward her, and the smallest of smiles flicked on her lips, her eyes focusing on the horned titan before her head lifted, and she slowly stood up from the many pillows and blankets that she had gathered at the patio window. "Well.. I wasn't expecting company," she said, letting herself laugh just a little, before tapering it off a little quickly, her chest aching.

@Torstein || boops this along tbh. short and sweet!

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Day Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 493 Spring]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 23 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Telemanipulation  |    Bonded: Circe (Lammergeier Wyvern)

⚔  in these silences, something may rise  ⚔

The Warden still disliked trudging into any territory within Denocte's borders... Araxes and his sons or not. That was often the excuse he used to avoid visiting, instead of admitting to the fact that he was a horribly shitty father to his sons, and a ... whatever to Araxes. What were they again? Did he love her, or was this just some sort of sick infatuation?

The idea was shrugged off his massive shoulders as he passed the border into the Court itself, earning boiling stares from the guards that 'checked' him and common Denoctians alike. Anyone who dared sneer at him, well.... the titan would take time out of his trip to stop, attention pinned on the smaller equine until they invariably turned their gaze away from his own solid, unnerving stare. 

Fucking bats, he wanted to hiss.

But finally, he arrived at the purpose of his trip. His bespeckled little mare... perched upon a throne of pillows nestled at the edge of a patio. A slight smile slipped across his lips. "My little bird, as comfortable as those pillows look," he mused, "... if they barely let me within Denocte's borders, I hardly doubt they will let me into the Court citadel itself."

So there he stood, outside the citadel and her within.. their story akin to some sort of sick, twisted Romeo and Juliet. "How have you been recovering?" He knew he couldn't protect her forever.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Action. Thoughts. "Speech."
@Araxes <3

Reference Image - - chest cavity: CLOSED - - code Ⓒ inkbone

[ please tag @Torstein in all replies ]

I have three eyes
   TWO TO LOOK    ONE TO SEE

Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

As comforted as she was by all the pillows, the young maiden still forced her hooves to move and picked herself up from the nesting she had created. "Well.. we can't have you out there by yourself, can we?" Her lips plucked up in to something of a smile, and she began to slowly pick her path down from the patio. It was a nice and easy walk down to the edges where the other was, and her head lifted, some bits of her mane falling out from the massive bun she had created, dripping like little ivory rivers from her nape.

"I've been recovering well, I think. Mostly healed, except my ribs. It'll be nice to breathe freely again without worrying about chest pains." Despite the nature of her words, her slate eyes were bright and almost cheery. Defying her aches, she reached up, stretching her neck out to brush her lips against the underside of the titan's jaw. The touch alone seemed to soothe her, and she offered a smile as she drew her head back down once more, curious.

Shifting her weight, she came around and gently bumped her side to one of his large legs. "What brings you here, stranger?" A wing even flicked, spreading feathers that brushed over his side, and tucked back against her skull and in to the mass of hair. She had to admit, seeing her rescuer was.. nice, especially when she hadn't seen him around in a while, or their children.

@Torstein || <3

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Day Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 493 Spring]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 23 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Telemanipulation  |    Bonded: Circe (Lammergeier Wyvern)

⚔  in these silences, something may rise  ⚔

Silent eyes mulled over her as she meandered down from the stone walls of the castle. It pained him to see her like this - albeit it was still better than she had been in the weeks prior, better than she had been on that rock soaked by the roiling, salted waters of the Terminus.

Tor visited the beach often. His corpse was still there, rotting skin and bones.

Pulled back into the reality by the touch of skin underneath his jaw, the titan's eyes dropped down to look at his little bird. Something akin to pity boiled in his gut and made him shift his weight uneasily. He pressed his head into her touch gently.

What brings you here?

Bitter memories. Blood and attempted murder, the toiling waves sweeping over black and white hide while lungs sputtered for air beneath the crashing tides of salted water. Anger and rage, blood - his own, hers, his - torn muscles and rendered flesh.

"I'm sorry," an abrupt answer that none would expect from the lips of the warden. His muzzle pressed tenderly against the crest of her neck, warm breath spilling across her skin. He sighed, eyes seeking to meet her own. 

"You know I cannot protect you from everything and everyone?" he whispered to his little bird.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Action. Thoughts. "Speech."
@Araxes!! Let me know when you post the new thread, too! <3

Reference Image - - chest cavity: CLOSED - - code Ⓒ inkbone

[ please tag @Torstein in all replies ]

I have three eyes
   TWO TO LOOK    ONE TO SEE

Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

The words were rather startling, and Araxes merely shifted her head, leaning it back and tilting it slightly, pressing lips against where she could actually reach the tall male. Their eyes met, and surprisingly, hers were warm and crinkled at the very edges before she stepped back a half step, flicking her ears and letting her wings tuck against her head.

"I know you can't. I never expected you to, either," she uttered softly. Honestly, she hoped Tor wasn't beating himself up over what had happened. He was here, and that was all that she could ask. Moving again, she brought herself that much closer to Tor, carefully bumping their flanks together and resting her head against his neck, tucked up and calm.

"Come now. No lingering on that. You're here, I'm here. We're here." Her lips twitched, and she leaned up, lips touching against the end of his muzzle. "I love you, Tor."

@Torstein || <3