Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - let it go

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
FAYE

F A Y E

They don't know me

Cause I'm not here

The air was crisp. The sun had already begun to set, creating a mirage of colors that was mesmerizing. A restless wind tossed about; sometimes gentle, at times harsh and spirited with a raging heart. Faye enjoyed the press and pull of such winds; not as strong amidst the forest trunks – but as she breached the forest and drew closer to the cliffs, she could almost hear the wind whispering in disjointed lulls. For it was oddly quiet and still as she approached the newfound lands. Lacking the sweet, honeyed tones of finches, chickadees, and all the murmurings of a living forest. The silence was somehow consumed by the mare’s thoughts of isolation. The silence a void, an endless expanse to erase and dismantle the voices caught within her head. Briefly, she felt some relief from their weight. Though as the moment passed, she became thin and frail. Unbound to the earth, as restless as the wind without a home nor claim to that new life she deeply coveted.

But, did it really exist here? In this land of Novus? Wasn’t it more than peace that she sought for, more than simply a home or that so called, ‘new life’? A new beginning? Beyond her knowledge, she clung to her old roots. Perhaps she felt even inclined to uproot them, for the sake of grafting a new branch in these lands of Novus – in Terrastella, paradise?

She huffed, annoyed with herself – having gone too deep into her own mind. The palomino maiden shook her head briefly, approaching the crystalline waters lapping at the edges of the cliffs. Having felt foolish, she forced herself to smile. It was beautiful here, after all… The equine seemed kind here; she had found a new home at last!

There was much to celebrate!

But as she turned her gaze upon the cliffs, she could not ignore the pangs of loss; reminding her what was at stake here. The sacrifices; seemingly mindless and unnecessary, seeding doubts into her weary eyes.

This thread is open to anyone!

space

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

There was a girl with skin the colour of a thousand sunsets. Florentine watches as she wanders. The sunset girl drifts closer to the edge of the cliff. There seems to be nothing but her and her thoughts. The festival, though it thrives, though it thrums around them with magic and the rippling light of a thousand fires – none seem to touch this sunset girl.

Florentine thinks she might be kept elsewhere. She wonders if this girl’s heart was as wayward as hers – or was she merely lost? Had she become separated from a heart that had left to call somewhere else home?

Flora breathes a sigh of cold, winter’s air and peels herself from the shadows, from the warm press of festive bodies. Her gold skin is rich beneath the light of a thousand airborn lamps drifting out to sea. Florentine is liquid gold this night, every piece the queen she likely should be, but could never truly become.

This girl was not made for crowns or thrones. Her mind drifts to Lysander, to meadows and forests yet explored, to deserts who, with their bones, are ever changing.

When had she moved to stand beside Faye? When had she moved to share the same view of the sea? Florentine was not sure, but here she was, sharing the scant warmth between their bodies and asking so softly, so daringly. “You seem like part of you is lost.”

It may be an astute observation, one made by a girl who also knows what it is to not be whole. She was not born to be rooted. Florentine was born to fly and she left a piece of her wherever she went.

@Faye

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
FAYE

F A Y E

They don't know me

Cause I'm not here

Faye was deep within her own thoughts when someone thought to approach her. She was thinking of home and her kingdom, her parents..how they were doing without her there. But she had a made choice to leave and she would not return until her wandering heart was fulfilled..if it ever was. She was a wandering soul and perhaps that was why she often felt out of place here within this court, this land. She had nothing to really keep her here except that these people had been kind to her so far. Faye felt a small lingering piece of loyalty to that.

Her ears twitched slightly at the voice that somehow was right next to her. It startled her at first since she hadn't been paying close enough attention to any of her surroundings. A dangerous habit especially near the edges of these cliffs. Her gaze glanced over to Florentine..her Sovereign and queen. She didn't know much about this other woman only that she was ruler of this court now.

"I suppose a part of me always will be so long as I'm far from my homeland." Faye finally replied softly with a slight shake of her head.

@Florentine

space