Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Thousand Notes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Alaric

There had been a time when Alaric felt nothing. He roamed this world with a cold numbness where his life meant nothing to anyone and he lived without being known. The great stories of his life burned to ash with the kingdom he desired more than life itself. Sometimes he thinks he can hear their screams bouncing and clawing around in his brain, Alaric finds them melodic, a memory of a better time. When he was feared. Upon returning to Novus no horse knew him. He was a ghost. Anyone that would remember him was long gone, wiped out by the sun courts former leader. The Davke were no more, he was born in Novus to those powerful feared horses and like the sand, they were blown away. 

It had been unclear to Alaric when he had left the sands for the soft greens of the grass, lost in thought he had just traveled. The only sounds coming from the horses' teeth chiming around his neck. When the sound of running water and the golden glow of flames played across his body Alaric snapped from his trance. "Hmmm" his gravel-like voice bounced from tree to tree in the loneliness of it all, stretching both ink black wings to the sky they seemed to make the night darker, light from the flames licking at them. "It seems I've come just in time for one of Novus' festivals."

There were many trees in which paper hung limp like useless appendages, waiting for someone to open them and read them. Begging for a stranger or someone destined to come open them and reveal their secrets inside. Stepping under one of the many decorated trees the stallion allowed the hanging notes to trail across his back gently like lover's kisses. Alaric lifted his head and found paper resting in the nook of one of the limbs of the tree, using his lesser telekinesis the man brought it to him, along with something to write with.

Alaric would write a promise, something he would keep until it was accomplished or he was killed because Alaric would not stop until it was done. Whoever was to blame for killing his family was already dead but the people of the court allowed it to happen. They were at fault too. Alaric chuckled. Something deep and dark and full of hatred as he wrote; 'the day court will crumble beneath my hooves'.

Rolling it up he strung it up in one of the lower hanging branches with a silk ribbon and a single horse tooth to hang with it. And with that, the stallion stepped away and with a violent rush of air he took to the sky to watch from above, waiting and watching for anyone- if anyone- to stumble upon his note.

OOC::: Just a mess! <3
TAGS:::

Velorca

You're one microscopic cog
In his catastrophic plan,

This was the first — the first Davke Velorca had tracked, his eyes and ears open for the whisperings that the desert sand sang, the knowledge and the secrets that passed through all of Novus. For those listening, the return of a Davke son was a subtle song, slipping into the cracks of the world, almost lost but for the ones who waited and watched. 

Lorca's face was a mask of cunning pleasure as he watched Alaric boost into the air, the power rippling off of those night dark wings. He had not met this Davke before — had not encountered one from outside of the deserts borders... and certainly not one so rugged and, well, dirty

His loyalty to the Davke made him watch the skies for a moment, hidden in the deepest copse so that his pristine silver coat did not catch the light. Only the memory of slaughter is enough to make me face this filth, he thought coldly, lip curling at the branches that snagged on his silken hair. Nobody else entered. Alaric had attached his note too far in, perhaps, for ordinary revellers to venture. 

Moving with an effortless grace, Velorca emerged, burnt gold eyes slitted as he looked to the sky, his velvet voice calling;

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..."

@Alaric 

space

Alaric

Alaric had not met many since returning to his homeland, he had not wanted to meet many unless the same Davke blood ran through their veins. It seemed the man did not have to wait long either for seemingly out of nowhere a slim creature appeared. Alaric thought himself to be veiled by the night but he was proven wrong when a pair of golden eyes cut through the darkness and seemed to bore right through him. Narrowing his own tiger-like eyes Alaric listened as a voice pierced the silence. Almost taunting was the voice, so much so Alaric felt the need to touch the ground once more. Not knowing what blood ran in the other stallion's veins.

Almost as silent as the night Alaric's cracked hooves grounded themselves, the horses' teeth around his neck rattling, announcing his arrival. As he landed the smell of smoke and death once more wrapped itself around his tall form like a curse. As Alaric took in the man's appearance his nostrils flared and he took in a scent that was both sand and something else...something so familiar it was set in Alaric's bones. "It seems", Alaric said, "we are not as different as I thought at first glance." Alaric never forgot family no matter how slight the memory was and this one was only a sliver of recognition. A thin boy, always smarter than he was strong, a queer sight for the Davke and that made him different. However, that was where his memory ended only two at the time he was not interested in a yearling smarter than he was and after that...the boy disappeared.

Giving a slight dip of his head Alaric chuckled, hiding the glee of finding family after being told they had been wiped from the earth. "I was only three when chased from the Davke for my actions but I do remember you, did your obsession with knowledge exceed the bond of the family?" accusation dripped from the man's lips. An accusation, some might say he had no room to give, considering where his actions left him. "Tell me, brother, did you forget us? Was the call of your blood ignored in the search for something better? What is greater than family? Or were you forced out?" questions and accusations like daggers shot from Alaric's mouth. "I too was forced out at the age of three...forced to leave bathed in blood...but in my opinion, I should have been thanked for the service I was doing the Davke" a chilling laugh bounced across the trees from his lips. And then all form of emotion seemed to be wiped from his body and he stood to wait and watch for answers.

OOC::: I went ahead and made it to where Alaric sort of recognized your boy but they don't know each other, it seems right since they shared the same Davke family. I hope that's alright.<3
TAGS::: @Velorca

Velorca

The Davke man descended like a vision of death — and not an all too handsome version, Velorca noted with a lifted brow. He was certainly a fearsome sight, a stark comparison to the steel, satin and grace of Velorca's own presence... perhaps more suited to their savage Davke ways. Lorca noted the rattling bones, thinking to himself that such a beast would strike fear into any who faced him upon the battlefield.. even on the streets. 

His lips curved into an elegant smile, cold but notably engaged with his scarred companion. He sniffed once, analysing the situation... the scent of death that clung to the man like a filthy second skin. It was not unexpected... most Davke had stank of it if you searched hard enough, but this was... more of a warning smell, as if he'd been marred by unclean blood and had never been able to remove it. 

"It seems we are not as different as I thought at first glance."

Velorca had to peer up at him, standing considerably shorter despite his long legs and generally above average height. His golden eyes narrowed once more, long silver lashes brushing his razor cheekbones. Waiting.

"I was only three when chased from the Davke for my actions but I do remember you, did your obsession with knowledge exceed the bond of the family?"

His interest was alight, his thoughts turned inward as he rifled through all his early memories — not a task he did often, for the past was not a pleasurable place for Velorca to travel. A colt, chased from his own tribe... for crimes against their own race... it was a story he could remember, though he had had to grasp at many lips to gain it. Lorca cared little for the tone of his Davke brother, staring coolly back at the burning orange eyes, listening rather than offering his own retorts. 

"Tell me, brother, did you forget us? Was the call of your blood ignored in the search for something better? What is greater than family? Or were you forced out? I too was forced out at the age of three...forced to leave bathed in blood...but in my opinion, I should have been thanked for the service I was doing the Davke"

The laugh that dropped from his lips wasn't quite right, but it signalled silence, something Velorca responded to with an icy smile.

"So many words brother... So many words and all of Terrastella here to hear them."

His eyes were cold and calculating, his usual level of condescension and disdain lingering behind the supple music of his velveteen voice as he drew closer, quieter..

"I know you..."

A beautiful, gentle laugh pealed from his throat, though his eyes remained cold,

"You did not stink so much back then."

A rough sigh, and Velorca stepped back, curling his lip at the smokey scent that now seemed to want to grasp his own pristine coat.

"No. I did not abandon the Davke — I was taken from them." He gave the man a sharp look before continuing, "By Zolin. A lot of us were. But you should know that — when was it, exactly, that you were thrown out of our tribe, Alaric?"

He spoke the name confidently, revealing his knowledge only when it suited him... when it made him look best. 

@Alaric hope it's ok that he knows Alaric's name!! Love these two!

space

Alaric

Alaric's blood bonded stranger was sleek where Alaric was rugged, an approachable almost dangerously beautiful look whereas Alaric scared others off before they got too close. Polar opposites yet they were unbelievably connected. And while this unnamed Davke pushed a few buttons already Alaric swallowed his pride for family. The Stallion put one large cracked hoof forward when the other stallion took light steps towards him. Whatever family bond they held it was not strong enough for him to get close. A snort was ushered as warning his ears flattening against his skull in warning. Death was a thing of beauty but one should not get so close.

The man seemed disgusted by Alaric's stench as it did well at its job for those who came close would soon meet an untimely fate. Alaric raised a single nonexistent brow and the man's recognition of Alaric, the only emotion shown on a rather bored seeming face. At the Davke's mention of Zolin Alaric's ink black feather rustled in anger...another man had spoke of Zolin. The man to blame for the dwindling population of native Davke. To hear his brother had been taken by him was utterly baffling, on the inside Alaric was fuming. Zolin had taken captives, to think their proud people were mocked and degraded in such a way made Alaric's shield of no emotion crack, a twitch running down his body.

"No", Alaric's gravel-like voice growled, "I did not know that...when I was cast out our people were feared and we were many" he revealed. Hard orange eyes studied gold as the man revealed that he knew Alaric's name. The stallion knew what he was fishing for with these questions and Alaric would freely surrender the answers. The actions he had committed were something Alaric was proud of. Mares were held high in the tribe they were agile and cunning in the ways a stallion could not be. However, his mother was none of those things she was a stain on the tapestry of their greatness.

"As said before, if you were listening I was three and back then it was a good time for the Davke. We were prosperous and feared...not many of us were disappearing, not enough to be concerned. So when my actions were committed it was widely known through the Davke." Another chilling chuckle rattled his chest "there was so much blood and all their faces, oh all their faces were so afraid! They...they chased me out with so much hatred." Almost like he was shaking himself from a trance the beast took a step forward and loomed over the other stallion. "So much about me...what of your name?"

OOC::: It's perfectly fine and I love them too!<3

Velorca

"No", I did not know that...when I was cast out our people were feared and we were many" 

Lorca frowned at the words, his handsome face still achingly beautiful as he murmured;

"I wish I knew such a time.."

Only a moment passed before his face settled back into it's cool arrogance, listening intently as the beast of a man spoke. His eyes traced Alaric again and again, memorising and learning to the intonation of his Davke brothers story. He looked away at the death rattle of a laugh, watching the swamp in thought. Lorca had heard the rumours — and Alaric wasn't afraid to announce his act, in fact, he rather looked as if he enjoyed declaring it. His gaze flicked back to Alaric, considering the information he had gathered, inspecting it before deciding that the choice would be Avdotya's. 

Whether or not a Davke outcast should be welcomed into their... group. 

Velorca smiled — a cool, illegitimate thing. Alaric shadowed him, not only in height but in presence, making Lorca appear like a slip of silver amongst a deathly night. 

"Velorca."

He said simply, his voice clear through the cold air. 

"I was taken into slavery, sat underneath Zolin's chains and served in his bed. I saw him die. All Davke owe a debt to his murderer."

His golden gaze sharpened, "Even exiled Davke."

After a moment of silence, Velorca's lips curved into a pleasurable smile, his voice sliding through the brisk air alluringly. 

"I could take you to them, if you like."

@Alaric sorry this isn't my best! :c
space

Alaric

The name was something like an eel, too loose of an idea to grasp, once he thought he had a recognition it slithered away. It was quite frustrating but the man didn't waste much time on it. The name was here and now and regardless if he knew it in the past he knew it now. Alaric showed the slightest respect for his brother in a quick nod, so subtle that you wouldn't have guessed it actually happened unless you were very observant. "Velorca" it was not a question, not a statement, it simply hung there. Suspended in the air between them like a phantom. Like a memory meant to be stored. 

Dead eyed and emotionless Alaric soaked in the silver man's words, like an alcoholic drinking every drop after weeks of sobriety, he was thirsty with knowledge. Of course, while Alaric showed no physical reaction inside he was a storm. The Davke were strong and to hear of some foreign king taking a Davke to bed against his will...the stallion clenched his teeth so hard he was afraid they'd break. The only thing that brought him back from the brink was Velorca's next words. The murderer of this foreign cowardly king. Alaric yearned to meet this Davke.

A debt, yes, for this horse he would do anything. Alaric would lay his head on a blade, such a meaningless death, yet if this horse so wished nothing would be meaningless. Alaric would pledge his life and every living second to the one who inked the earth with the cowardly king's blood. A fire was blooming inside Alaric's chest, an anger so fierce it could fuel the sun was being birthed. No man knew such anger and such fierce pride for the Davke. Every last member of the Davke had him at their service. These were his people and he would die for them. All this was like a storm inside him yet he looked calmly at Velorca and said "yes," the beast took a step forward, "take me to them."

OOC::: im so sorry omg im a horrible person for not replying<3