Welcome
Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current

Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 502
▶ Season || Spring
▶ Temp || 43℉ (8℃) - 70℉ (21℃)
▶ Weather || The nip of Winter has begun to ebb away, replaced by the gentle embrace of Spring as it ushers in new life. Plant life peeks out from the melting snow and birdsong fills the air once more, calling drowsy residents from their hideaways. Slowly but surely, the continent’s hustle and bustle returns.

Spotlight

Character of the Season
Velorca

Member of the Season
Sparrow

Thread of the Season
A Path of Stars

Pair of the Season
Rhoswen and Raum

Quote of the Season
"Like his companion, he steadies himself with the salt on his tongue, the sharp-sour smell of the sea like a fresh-split oyster. The beach, for him, is like an intersection between dreams and reality: endless, lulling, pungent and terribly dangerous. Realer than anything, and a mystery he will never solve. It is the only un-knowing he has learned to be comfortable with." From This Grand Show is eternal

see here for nominations

CBOX

OOC - Year 501 Winter - Spotlight Announcements!
inkbone — Administrator Signos: 2,190
▶ Played by inkbone [PM] Posts: 110 — Threads: 9
▶ Female Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 27 [Year 475 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 4' 11" Bonded:
SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Sparrow on winning Member of the Season!

Sprow - there is a lot that we can say! You are a joy to be around, with your witty sense of humor, lack of filter, and overall kindness. There are very few times that we have seen you anything less than happy - even when times get rough. You are consistently sweet to all the members, new and old, and we feel that you and Somnus are going to do awesome things with Dawn... no pressure ;D

Congratulate @Velorca on winning Character of the Season!

What can we say about our sneaky lil prima donna? Velorca has played a quiet hand in many of the plots within Novus - from drugging and capturing Rostislav, to capturing but another yet-to-be-announced character. And that's not all - maybe the Davke are something to keep a close eye on? ;) But aside from Velorca's cunning and stealthy nature, he is a brilliantly magnificent character overall! Watching him develop from Novus' beginning has been a treat, and we hope to see more.

Congratulate @Asterion on winning Quote of the Season!

From This grand show is eternal: "Like his companion, he steadies himself with the salt on his tongue, the sharp-sour smell of the sea like a fresh-split oyster. The beach, for him, is like an intersection between dreams and reality: endless, lulling, pungent and terribly dangerous. Realer than anything, and a mystery he will never solve.

It is the only un-knowing he has learned to be comfortable with."

This quote speaks volumes into Asterion's character, and the wonderfully vivid vocabulary portrays everything perfectly. Asterion is a hidden gem in the rough, with a personality and history that shines through and beyond. And above that, he as a character is only further complemented by Griffin's amazing writing style!

Congratulate @Rhoswen and @Raum on winning Pair of the Season!

Ah, where would we be without these two? From the tensions, the strife, the inner-Court drama... aaaaand now a baby on the way! There's a beautiful tang of both bitterness and sweetness in their relationship. Sometimes their interactions are truly painful to read, tugging at the heartstrings (Rhoswen, what on earth are you doing and getting yourself into?!) - but then, behind closed curtains, you can truly see their relationship unfold. And you better bet that baby is gonna be cute!

Congratulate @Reichenbach, @Isorath, @Florentine, and @Lysander on "A Path of Stars" winning Thread of the Season!

Tensions, oh goodness! This was a straight up fun thread to read. And I'm speaking for immature self here, but I'd be lying if I didn't tell everyone that I definitely said OOH SNAP more than once! Lysander definitely feels like an innocent (or maybe not so innocent) bystander in all the quarreling that's going on. And while my heart aches for Florentine, it's a beautiful thing to see everyone's true nature blossom through the intensity of their relationship(s).

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 02/10/18!
Announcements will be made on 02/19/18.

So now that Novus' Fall season is coming to a close, Spotlight Announcements are right around the corner!
We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
Eik, who won Character OTS for 501 Fall, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: @Isorath - @Velorca - @Asterion - @Cyrene

PAIR of the Season
Torstein&Araxes, who won Pair OTS for 501 Fall, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: @Florentine & @Reichenbach - @Eden & @Leviathan -
@Cyrene & @Velorca - @Rhoswen & @Raum

THREAD of the Season

Thread must have been made or posted in during Winter (12/01-01/31)!

Current nominations: I reach to the sky and call out your name, frantic moments of kamikaze love, A path of stars,

MEMBER of the Season
Spaced, who won Player OTS for 501 Fall, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: @sid - @Sparrow - @Keira - @rallidae - @inkbone

QUOTE of the Season

Quote must come from a post made during Winter (12/01-01/31)!

Current nominations include...

From A path of stars: "How wonderful that inter court relations are so close. The amethyst of her gaze snags upon Lysander and the girl’s lungs are too, too tight. His words have squeezed them so. They are the pinch she needs: that terrible realization that no, this was not some dream to awaken from. Ah, this was reality, this was Aislinn upon the cliff with her tattered heart. This was Bexley’s incredulous laugh."

From This grand show is eternal: "Like his companion, he steadies himself with the salt on his tongue, the sharp-sour smell of the sea like a fresh-split oyster. The beach, for him, is like an intersection between dreams and reality: endless, lulling, pungent and terribly dangerous. Realer than anything, and a mystery he will never solve.

It is the only un-knowing he has learned to be comfortable with."

• Due to this running late into the Spring season, winners will receive 150 signos instead of 100!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 501 Fall Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Spotlight Nomination!</font></div>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: <a href="">LINK</a> TO THE CHARACTER(s), THREAD, OR MEMBER
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

</blockquote></blockquote>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

EurasianLynx — OOC Account Signos: 0
▶ Played by Lynx [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 2
▶ Demigirl [She/They] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ Hooman height Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: Flora and Reich
Reason: You look me in the eye and tell me that Reichenbach x Florentine is not the pair of the season, you look me in the eye and tell me that.

rallidae — OOC Account Signos: 0
▶ Played by rallidae [pm] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
▶ she/her/hers Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 0 [Year 501 Fall] Active Magic:
▶ 5'7 Bonded:
hmm somehow didn't see the words highlighted in yellow and bolded for making multiple nominations in a category?? x"D sooo I added more!

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: Eden & Leviathan
Reason: CUTE CUTE CUTE, also unique & sweet interaction between them as Levi undergoes a sudden change of appearance, and Eden tests him for his true identity! Really loved reading the memories they shared.

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: Isorath
Reason: Recently appointed Dusk Court Regent, Isorath is just a flawlessly written character. His unique mix of traits, his history as a king, THAT BEAUTY, and the fact that he has such a refined way of speaking and acting (I want a cup of Iso's tea) makes him deserve this title. <3

Which OTS: Character
Show us: Velorca
Reason: Because I wasn't exaggerating in the least when I say Lorca is one of my fav characters! Honestly love reading his posts, his wit and snarky comments are just endlessly entertaining. His loyalty to the Davke and incredibly intricate/painful past makes Lorca such a well-written character, and I can't wait to see what else he gets up to in the future!

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: I reach to the sky and call out your name
Reason: This thread gives me all the feels. Like, all of them. Both Apollo and Ktulu's posts were written so beautifully, and their longtime relationship was so achingly lovely! I think it's quite a task to reconnect two characters on another world, especially ones who have such a rich history and shared pain, and Sparrow and Ali have done so wonderfully.

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: frantic moments of kamikaze love
Reason: Anything Flora + Bexley are in, and you know you're in for a heck of a thread. When they're in it together, then it's double the fun! This thread portrays Florentine and Bexley's relationship woes so well, and you can almost touch the tension between them. It's such an interesting dynamic when they're treading on eggshells with each other, and just an overall great thread. <3

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member
Show us: Sid
Reason: Sid is ah-mazing in every way! She's super friendly, always willing to thread, and so helpful as a staff member. Also, she writes her characters so beautifully, and threading with her is a pleasure! ;u; -inserts shameless Po love-

Show us: Sparrow
Reason: Sparrow always goes out of her way to greet new members and make them feel welcome! (me included ;u;) She's always willing to help with questions, and just has a super warm and awesome aura. Can't forget her chars, they all have such intricately written personalities and histories. <3
[Image: _commission___siliencely_messalina_by_rl...bzhp12.gif][Image: cyrene_icon.gif]
ral∙li∙dae (noun) :
the rail family, a bird family that includes the species known as rail, coot, crake, and gallinule

behold my birbs ;u;

Reichenbach — Night Court Sovereign Signos: 890
▶ Played by spaced [PM] Posts: 190 — Threads: 26
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 32
▶ 7 [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Hypno-Singing
▶ 17hh Bonded: N/A
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: ASTERION 
Reason: Y'know when some writers just bring their characters to life and you're like ???? I WANT TO DO THAT? Asterion is living (?) proof of one of those characters! He's such a pleasure to read, and quite addictive! He (and Griff) absolutely deserve some recognition!

Show us: CYRENE
Reason: Yet another wonderful character that bursts to life from the page! I've only had one thread with her so far and I can already tell you I'll be having many more if I can help it! Such a brilliantly written character with such excellent dialogue!

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: THREAD
Show us: A Path of Stars
Reason: the angst, plus Reich's bad side coming out in a hot mess

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: MEMBER OF THE SEASON
Show us: KEIRA
Reason: Oh man, Keira is just such a friendly member of our community! Her characters are beautiful and excellently written — plus her dedication to them is so wonderful to see! I'm looking forward to seeing what her babes do next!

Which OTS: MEMBER OF THE SEASON
Show us: SID 
Reason: Sid is so lovely and friendly and such a great staffer! Always ready to answer any questions or queries. Also Ipomoea is so delightful and such a pleasure to read! The fact that Sid keeps up with posting as well her staffing duties is astounding to me haha 
[Image: 4_gin_by_fintron_dc3sjmx_by_space1993-dc3tav5.png]
please tag me in every post
contact is encouraged, reich loves a cuddle!

Keira — OOC Account Signos: 55
▶ Played by Keira [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 1
▶ She/Her Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 14hh Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: ISORATH
Reason: Isorath is highly well written and I absolutely love how Arah writes him. His history is amazing to read and the fact he can be so sassy just makes me smile.

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: MEMBER
Show us: @Sparrow
Reason: Sparrow is a sweetheart and super nice to talk to! I may not talk to her very often but every time I have she's always been super friendly and lovely. <3

Kezz — OOC Account Signos: 0
▶ Played by Kezz [PM] Posts: 10 — Threads: 1
▶ Female Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 5'6 Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @rallidae
Reason: She's only been here a short time but has, imo, made a big impression already on the site. She has a wonderful combination of written talent, incredible friendliness, and two amazingly thought out characters. I can't wait to write with her more c:

Show us: @inkbone
Reason: This shouldn't take too much explaining! Ink is possibly one of the sweetest persons I've ever met on the interwebs, she is always happy to give staff info and always takes the time to reply to people's OOC threads. And let us not forget the awesome creation that is Torstein ;) Long overdue nom I tink?

Reichenbach — Night Court Sovereign Signos: 890
▶ Played by spaced [PM] Posts: 190 — Threads: 26
▶ Male [He/Him/His] Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 32
▶ 7 [Year 494 Summer] Active Magic: Hypno-Singing
▶ 17hh Bonded: N/A
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS:  PAIR
Show us: RhoswenRaum 
Reason: PREGNANT. But also farrrrrr out these are beautifully written characters!! I've always been a no.1 fan for Rhos but bloomin heck combined with Raum.... Obsi and Kezz create a stunning couple that I am always captivated to read <3 PLUS AGAIN PREGNANT.
[Image: 4_gin_by_fintron_dc3sjmx_by_space1993-dc3tav5.png]
please tag me in every post
contact is encouraged, reich loves a cuddle!

Aislinn — Night Court Champion of Battle Signos: 1,125
▶ Played by roo [PM] Posts: 112 — Threads: 23
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: 19 — Atk: 21 — Exp: 27
▶ 6 [Year 495 Fall] Active Magic: Stormsinger
▶ 16.0 hh Bonded: N/A
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: PAIR.
Show us: cyrene & velorca.
Reason: You can't look me in the eye and tell me that these two aren't absolutely adorable okay? HAVE YOU READ i'll be your sky? Yeah. That's what I thought.

Which OTS: QUOTE.
Show us: "How wonderful that inter court relations are so close. The amethyst of her gaze snags upon Lysander and the girl’s lungs are too, too tight. His words have squeezed them so. They are the pinch she needs: that terrible realization that no, this was not some dream to awaken from. Ah, this was reality, this was Aislinn upon the cliff with her tattered heart. This was Bexley’s incredulous laugh."
Reason: This moment, right here, is where my heart broke while reading a path of stars. Flora's going through a whirlwind of emotions - from love, to betrayal, to replaying the tense moments with both Aislinn and Bexley. This quote is powerful, and after reading it the first time it has stuck with me. My heart weeps for the flower queen ;_;

I AM NOT A GIRL, I AM A STORM WITH SKIN
please tag Ash in all posts! contact is encouraged except maiming & death—
☽☉☾

Rae — OOC Account Signos: 20
▶ Played by Rae [pm] Posts: 6 — Threads: 0
▶ Female Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 0 [Year 501 Summer] Active Magic:
▶ n/a Bonded:
There are SO MANY great nominations already, I second them all! And here's one more <3

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: Like his companion, he steadies himself with the salt on his tongue, the sharp-sour smell of the sea like a fresh-split oyster. The beach, for him, is like an intersection between dreams and reality: endless, lulling, pungent and terribly dangerous. Realer than anything, and a mystery he will never solve.

It is the only un-knowing he has learned to be comfortable with.

-Asterion, This grand show is eternal
Reason: I feel like I've read hundreds of descriptions of the sea but THIS ONE is so beautifully written and visceral and wow! I don't know how Griffin tells so much in so few words- in the first sentence, you have an amazing sense of place/setting without even a visual description, and the next few sentences give you insight to the beautiful character of Asterion. /fangirl out

Velorca — Day Court Sage Signos: 305
▶ Played by spaced [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 6
▶ Male [He / Him / His] Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 11
▶ 7 [Year 495 Spring] Active Magic: N/A
▶ 16.2hh Bonded: N/A
Oh my goodness thank you to everyone who nominated and congratulations to everyone!!! I'm so flattered seriously <3
[Image: spacesq2_by_thelovelyrenegade_dbt6vnd_by...bt78rd.gif][Image: 6_gin_by_fintron_dc3sjn7_by_space1993-dc3tb1c.png][Image: space_1_by_fintron_dbrgl5o_by_space1993-dbrjh6u.png]
GLITTER AND GOLD IS THE MAN IN THE CHAIR
RINGS ON HIS FINGERS AND A HARDENED HARSH STARE
please tag Velorca in all replies
contact is encouraged !