Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Painted Souls

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

HE USED TO CALL ME DN
THAT STOOD FOR DEADLY NIGHTSHADE
CAUSE I WAS FILLED WITH POISON
BUT BLESSED WITH BEAUTY AND RAGE

Everywhere and nowhere.

He echoes her, and she stills, remembering all too well the reasons why she had left. The memories of her time away have been carefully bound and chained; save for one, shining star that burns brighter than the sorrow that clouds the rest of her absence. She notes the flash of understanding in his lilac eyes, and the icy blue of her own warms and flickers into familiar twin flames. A sigh escapes her; a relief that sheds part of the phantom weight from where it has long stayed upon her shoulders. Like a world that sits in the center of her spine, on her wings, her pain and her memories have stayed like a second shadow. But now, in Isorath's presence, she feels at ease. Even a little, and still it is so so much to her.

And she will never be able to explain how eternally grateful she is for it.

Suddenly, remarkably, she is scooped into an embrace. Aislinn had not realized how much she needed the solace, the comfort, and affection from a friend. She had not expected such from Isorath, but she is thankful all the same. The stormsinger accepts it nonetheless, with a soft sigh  that whispers into the golden scales upon the curve of his neck. That sole, shining star of memory flares brilliantly in the growing shadows as the sun sets. And she can feel, with a hyper focus, how her lightning crackles under her skin where they touch. She remembers then the gifts that have been blessed upon her from Calligo; the only part of her absence that is not shrouded in cowardice and guilt, but of a gratitude that is only fitting for a woman born of shadows and stars and summer storms.

Only a heartbeat passes, and they step apart. The space between them is a sea kissed by calm winds after a hurricane. Her eyes are no longer heavy lids that hide in memories of frost, but warm pools of sapphire that almost glow in the fading light. Oh yes, she is different now, but also, not different at all. Only.. awakened.

Their hooves move once more, and soon, they are carried through the halls of opalescent pearl and stone. She takes his words with a pinch of salt, masking the dagger that twists between the curve of her ribs. "So much has changed since the snow has first begun to fall, hasn't it?" she muses, with a heavy chuckle rumbling deep in her throat. "I am happy for you, my friend." Her gaze seeks his in the soft orange light that filters in through the windows, long and beautiful, casting shadows across the planes of her face. A smile tugs at her lips, genuine, despite the cloak of emotions that drag her stomach to the stones beneath her.

Her crown tilts, regarding him and trying to find words for the gratitude that fills her and swells her heart to fullness. She does not think of her words to Reichenbach, nor Flora, or how she yearns to find her lover amidst the crowds of twilight dancers. There is only this moment, however serene and hanging on the balance of so many things all at once."Vespera has chosen well, it seems. Dusk seems to be in capable hands." Aislinn's steps halt, soft and without realizing so, for they are at a crossroads. One hallway is basked in what little light is born from the setting sun; all burnt umber and reds and dusty pinks that turn the walls into the insides of a sea shell. Rainbows glitter against the opal that shines in the bricks that build around them. The other is a depth of shadows that build in the darkness that grows from the newfound night; the only light save for a few sconces of firelight. From it's darkness, stars will be born in shocks of silver and moonlight. A sort of beauty that can only be found when drowned in the spilled ink of nightfall eternal.

She does not yet desire to leave, but yet, the stormsinger cannot help but feel her heart is being torn.

Her voice is a whisper, a murmur, but also a cool breeze that dances along the waves of a silver sea. The same sea, perhaps, that they flew above, with their hooves flirting with the spray as they explored not so long ago. "What will you do now?"

I CAN HEAR SIRENS, SIRENS
HE HIT ME AND IT FELT LIKE A KISS
I CAN HEAR VIOLINS, VIOLINS
GIVE ME ALL OF THAT ULTRAVIOLENCE
@isorath they're perf <3
"Aislinn speech."

Messages In This Thread
Painted Souls - by Isorath - 01-23-2018, 06:01 PM
RE: Painted Souls - by Aislinn - 01-28-2018, 03:57 AM
RE: Painted Souls - by Isorath - 01-28-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Painted Souls - by Aislinn - 02-03-2018, 01:46 AM
RE: Painted Souls - by Isorath - 02-13-2018, 05:44 AM