Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - just don't ask

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Acton

Acton
these violent delights have violent ends

Things grew a lot more predictable once they stepped inside.

There was a reason (other than his recklessness, his impudence, his arrogance, and his far from level head) that Acton had avoided becoming involved with any semblance of order or responsibility in the above-board ranks of the Night Court. Such meetings, such talk, wasn’t the way his mind worked; he was far too impatient and far too careless for the regard of others.

And so, though he listened with interest to Isorath’s remarks on companions, and laughed at Rostislav’s brief explanation of where he’d been, already that familiar itch was under his skin. While he knew that both Rosti and Reich could carouse with the dregs of the Night Court as well has he could, he had no intent of being around once the conversation turned to official business, and that always came sooner or later.

As the rest of them took their place at a table Acton slouched with a cocked hoof, his amber-eyed gaze wandering from the Warden to his king and the Kirin, who were exchanging touches like schoolyard crushes.

“Great to have you back, Rosti, though I’m afraid the cellarman’s been instructed to keep you out of the barrels,” he told the man with a grin, then ducked his head toward Reichenbach. “Better have Aislinn whip him back into shape,” he said with a wink, then turned away, snagging a piece of bread from the approaching servant’s tray before he went.

It was time to find the next diversion.

@Rostislav @Isorath @Reichenbach

Reichenbach

“Better have Aislinn whip him back into shape,”

Acton departed swiftly, a flash of gilded skin and coal black hair — there one moment, gone the next. He liked movement, action, always searching for the most exciting path to take. Reichenbach watched him go, a faint smile lingering on his lips. Then his attention returned to Rostislav and Isorath, settling beside the kirin comfortably at the table.

Warmth surrounded them within the hearty kitchen, making the scene cosy and familiar. "Now tell us what you know of what has happened since your departure, then we —" silver eyes slid to Isorath momentarily before returning to his Warden "— will fill you in on the rest."

After a short silence the air filled with the rumbling of his Warden's voice, and Reichenbach settled in for a long conversation.

@Rostislav @Isorath finish this here?? Reich OWT.
space

Rostislav

Rostislav

I listen intently to Isorath regarding his dragon and the brief description of their history, of their bond and their kind. I remember the dragons of Helovia, but none as big as Isorath's. That being said, the topic changes back to that of my little sojourn. Isorath seems impressed that I was able to travel such a distance and return in more or less one piece. I'm not sure that I can be given that much credit.

He asks about the story of my journey. But we are briefly interrupted by the arrival of food. I look at it with curiosity, having never been served food before. And -- bread? I only know what it is because I'd encountered it as a child, the same way I encountered alcohol. Acton has clearly lost interest in the conversation that has started slowly and is taking its time to speed up. In just a moment with a quip regarding Aislinn, he disappears. I stare after him for a moment, an unbidden smirk alighting upon my face. 'She did kick my ass, after all. It doesn't surprise me he'd know about it - and hope she'd do it again.'

I turn my attention back to Reichenbach and Isorath, smiling as my king bids me to tell the story. And I am eager to find out what all has happened in my absence. So, the story telling begins....

Out @Isorath

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »