Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Mary Jane Shoes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Liesel

L   I   E   S   E   L

T H E   S U M M E R   W O L F

The Rapax cleared all sound from the area, filling the empty air with it's frantic rushing and roaring, only the sound of whitewater surviving as it's foamed and bubbled. Liesel adored the Rapax — found it to be her favourite place within the Delumine territory, save for the coast. While the river might not have had the briny, salty scent she associated with home, it's voracious energy filled her with a sense of power and stoicism. The River had been here for years, ever-changing and eternal, it's strength flowing through Delumine with each passing Sovereign. 

The Winter Festival had been uneventful for her — though she'd met with Kasil, the memory brushing a bright smile to her velveteen lips, she had left as she had arrived... alone. Dawn men could be confusing, too many rules and politics ruling their hearts. Kings probably even more so. Still, the summer girl paid little mind to the tentative feelings that had bloomed for Kasil — choosing now to ignore them, and focus on herself. 

Hard, dainty hooves tapped upon the jagged granite surrounding the rapids as she leaped from stone to stone, elegant and agile, her lithe body moving with grace and purpose as she trained. Keeping herself in fighting form was important to the wolf, her fathers strong blood pumping eagerly as she pushed herself, leaping further and higher to more precarious outcrops, sometimes even leaping out into the center of the roaring river to stand exultant in it's powerful wake. 

As always memories, fuzzy and unclear, surfaced in accompaniment to her exercise — the scent of clean water resurfacing as a koi-filled lagoon, the froth and foam of the rapids becoming white-capped waves... blurred faces swimming in between. She paused, panting, her lithe frame slender and beautiful as the sun began to rise higher within the Delumine sky — turning toward the figure that now approached, golden and gleaming, a bright smile already gripping her delicately boned face. 

@Somnus !!<3

space

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

SOMNUS

The day was young and ripe, positively ready for the taking for those who were determined enough to do so. Somnus had spent the quiet hours before dawn sequestered within the citadel library as Alba had ventured off to hunt for voles or mice before daybreak. It was her favorite time to catch a meal, in the wee-hours before the nocturnal beasts gave way to the ones who dwelled beneath sunlight. The barn owl had returned, hunger sated and satisfied, to roost upon Somnus’ ebony horn and nap while he continued to pour over old scrolls. It was a fine way to spend the morning, content with one another as their sole company, but it didn’t take long for Alba to grow restless once her nap was over and done with.

Since finding her wings, the young owl loved to fly, and her adventurous spirit and desire to see the world had begun to take Somnus away from the citadel more and more. It was good for him, as it forced him out of the silent, somber hallways and away from his own personal musings. This time it was no different.

What a sight they made, gliding through the skies with remarkable elegance and poise. Their wings, matching mottled junctures of tan and cream, caught the light of the early morning sun. The rushing waves of the Rapax River churned below them, and the Regent’s keen verdant eyes scanned the scenery with a reverent sort of appreciation. This was home. His home. All of Delumine was beautiful, and the golden tactician couldn’t help but feel a grand honor that he was a part of something so breathtaking, so wondrous and profound. Regrettably, it wasn’t often that he had come here. A few times, seeking the elusive pink dolphin that the text books in the library had scribed in such clarity. Other than that, he had rarely come, loathing the risk of having young Alba stumbled into the churning currents before her wings could so steadily carry her. Now, there was no fear. No hesitation.

At his side, Alba let out a piercing shriek!, the barn owl’s beady black eyes spotting a dancing shape down below. A slender figure seemed to glide over the stones of the rushing river with envious precision, a glisten of blue, a cast of silver, in the early morning light. At one moment she seemed dark, and the next she appeared far brighter, a trick of the light as she twisted her body with the inherited skill of a descendent of generals. Somnus recognized her immediately. It was Liesel, one of Delumine’s proud, albeit few, warriors. They had hardly shared but a handful of words whenever they had crossed paths in the past, but now, the Regent fully intended on mending such an oversight.

Alba was the first to dive. Silently she descended, swooping down quickly with a valiant cry. Something about Liesel intrigued the young barn owl, and she desperately wanted a closer look at the noble lady-knight. Alba fluttered about, swooping around Liesel in curious little circles, clacking her beak in a series of loud, questioning pops!. Somnus had immediately followed, an honest, open smile on his dark lips, emerald eyes glittering in heartfelt joy. It had been a long time since he had felt so free, so open. Alba’s good mood was contagious, and he thanked Oriens once more for his gift in receiving her.

“Apologies for the intrusion,” he beckoned by way of a greeting, hooves stretching out to find root upon the shoreline of the river as he landed with practiced poise, “Forgive her curiosity. Alba, come now. You’ll only get in the way.” The young barn owl only snapped her beak back at the dunalino in defiance, and he sighed, mustering his patience.

’Alba. Now, please.’ Diving into their mental bond seemed to do the trick, and with a huffing breath, the young owl wheeled about in the air before fluttering to Somnus’ side, only to take roost upon the curve of his rump. Still her beady black stare remained rooted upon Liesel, head tilted curiously.

“What a fine morning, hm? I hope it’s treating you well.”

@Liesel <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Liesel

L   I   E   S   E   L

Her smile only grew as a beautiful barn owl dipped and dove around her, dancing and clicking her beak in curiosity, flaring her downy wings so that the lavender-skinned girl could admire them. Liesel released a peal of bright laughter at the companions defiance of her partner, prancing in place for the curious creature before following the owls flight to Somnus' muscular rump. 

"A fine morning indeed!" she agreed, her voice musical and clear as it crossed the tumbling water. 

"Oh, just as well as most mornings — but what of you, Somnus? Wherever did you find her? She's wonderful"

She spoke, of course, about Alba. The young owl peered at her through intelligent ebony eyes, looking as comfortable and familiar with Somnus as she might with any other owl — Liesel adored her instantly, the mischief and warmth in her eyes resonating within her own slim chest.

The sun warmed her back as she watched the pair, envying the gleam of sunlight off of Somnus' vast wings. She'd come across the Regent only in Court events or meetings, and never long enough to really know the man that ruled alongside Kasil. He'd always come across as strong, kind and somewhat zealous — but she could have been wrong there, too. The Gods of Novus were still a mystery to her and she couldn't quite decide whether or not she believed in them, so much so that she had been hesitant to visit their mountain shrine. 

Still, she didn't think Dawn needed more scholars with their noses tucked safely into a scroll — Liesel herself had seen the warriors that fought alongside her, and though there were some strong fighters, their interests did not lie with any battles outside of a book. Despite the thought, she didn't want to cause insult to a system that had worked for the Deluminians for years, so kept it to herself. 

"How goes running Delumine? Keeping you busy?"

She chirped, her long lashed eyes wandering humorously back to Alba before settling easily upon Somnus' emerald gaze. He really was quite handsome, with a chiseled jaw and open, honest eyes — not to mention the golden, toned body he sported. Handsome indeed. No doubt the Regent had many Delumine girls swooning before him, silly things. She thought briefly of Kasil again, wondering if those same ladies swooned for him and, more importantly, whether he noticed. 

Probably not, knowing Kasil.

@Somnus <3

space

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

SOMNUS

Alba nearly preened at the praise. It was as if she understood that Liesel’s words were directed at her, and the barn owl fluttered her feathers in immense pleasure at being the center of attention, puffing up proudly upon her roost. It was becoming a frequent occurrence, and Somnus wondered of the effects it may soon have on the young owl’s ego. No matter. There was no harm in it, at least not yet. After all, the golden tactician had found himself time and time again at fault for spoiling her or doting upon her.

He chuckled. “I fear your words may go to her head. But I found her this last winter in the Viride Forest, amidst a blizzard,” Somnus answered, sharp verdant eyes turning away from his self-satisfied companion to focus instead on the rich amber gaze of the proud warrior before him, “Or, well… Technically I suppose she found me, and here we are now.” Inseparable, for the most part, save for the times of day when Alba would leave to go hunting.

The young barn owl rolled her eyes before wide black orbs settled once more on Liesel. ’I thought you were one of my kind. A horse with owl wings. How was I to know?’ The dunalino merely gave a grunt and shook his head, amused. Despite her thoughts that intermingled with his own, Somnus did not doubt the affection that Alba held towards him. Two peas in a pod, they were.

“But I’m quite well, thank you. Alba tends to get cranky if we remain cooped up inside the citadel for too long, and it’s such a fine morning to be out and about. I was loathe to miss an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful weather.” His smile remained, honest and open and handsome. “I’m pleased that we did, if only that we’ve crossed paths with you. I apologize, that we haven’t spoken many words to one another prior to this moment.” Somnus, regretfully, knew very little about Liesel, aside from her name and rank. Kasil had mentioned her occasionally in passing, but nothing that would give away any personal information. It was very clear that she took her position as a warrior seriously, since he had so rudely interrupted her morning training session. Perhaps it was time to remedy those transgressions and attempt to get to know her a little bit more.

“Court is, well… Court, and I would loathe to bore you with politics. Perhaps you could tell me more about yourself? I know so very little about you. Do you enjoy serving as a warrior?”

@Liesel <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Liesel

L   I   E   S   E   L

The affection between the young barn owl and her charge was obvious, each look containing a hidden pride in the other. They fit so well together it was difficult to imagine the handsome Regent without his companion — especially considering the two of them had spent so little time together. She would right that wrong, discover more about the man who helped to rule their wise city. 

It seemed he had a similar thought pattern — another good sign that the man before her was indeed the right man to assist Kasil with running the territory. 

"I apologize, that we haven’t spoken many words to one another prior to this moment."

Liesel smiled brightly, lashes brushing her razor edged cheekbones as she looked to the rapids blustering past, ears pricked to hear her Regent speak.

“Court is, well… Court, and I would loathe to bore you with politics. Perhaps you could tell me more about yourself? I know so very little about you. Do you enjoy serving as a warrior?"

Somnus reminded her of someone — frustratingly, she couldn't remember who... only.. only creamy skin and deep emerald eyes, and the kindness of a stranger. The Regent was sweethearted though, the care he held for his people growing more obvious with each word. 

Liesel smiled, glancing back from the rapids as he finished speaking, an answer already dancing on the tip of her tongue. Did she enjoy being a warrior? She adored it. It gave her confidence — even if she could not trust her memory, she could trust the neat muscles limning her body, could trust the training she endured every day to provide when she needed it most.

But to get to know her? Even she didn't know why her heart soared and hurt when she smelt sea-salt or saw the ocean, or more importantly — she didn't know why she couldn't remember. Still, she could recall waking up amongst strangers, no sense of time or place and no knowledge of how she had ended up there. 

"I adore it! To know that I have the strength to protect myself and others... I find it rewarding, and the exercise.. it clears the mind."

She smiled again, a smaller smile this time, perhaps a little less bright. 

"I arrived in Novus a little over a year ago, and have dedicated myself to aiding our fair warriors — I have no family, that I know of," I can't remember them, "But perhaps most importantly..."

She grinned, leaning in closer.

"I've fallen in love with Delumine's custard tarts."

Liesel laughed, the sound like chimes dancing over the water, her salty hair shifting and waving in the breeze. 

@Somnus 

space