Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

A brisk spring air blows my forelock away from my horns and out of my eyes. My nostrils open a little wider as I breathe in the cool air. It's perfect, the breeze and the sun. I glance over my shoulder, expecting to see Damaris trailing behind, but she's nowhere to be found. My unspoken question is quickly answered. I am hunting. You go ahead, I will join you later. I stare off at a copse of trees, thinking that perhaps I spy movement. I snort idly, then turn back and continue walking.

My feet take me by the creek bed, walking along the shallow edge. I hum an unidentifiable tune as my mind wanders. Weir has left me. That much is certain. I suppose that whatever I thought we had, whatever I thought we would become... it just wasn't meant to be. It wasn't like she had become my lover or mate, but that didn't stop the feeling that we were headed that way. When I realized she had left... well that's why I ended up on my little sabbatical. That booze vacation was not just for funsies.

The pain is still there, but it's not as fresh as it was. It's less brutal, less shred-your-face. My old heart has begun to heal. Now I just feel the pangs of loneliness. I have Damaris in my life and that helps some, but she is not the partner I want in.. that way. My tune keeps me floating along, though, preventing me from getting too depressed.

Tag: BLIND DATE
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Auru

He needed a break.

Goddess he needed a break.

Tension was running high in the Court, for a multitude of reasons, and while Auru Geniven was a high strung man as it was, even on his good days, even he had his limits. And he had reached them.

He needed a break, he needed to get away from the calamity of the Court. And so his hooves had carried him away from the Court, and leaving from the swampland in which he resided, he had one of two locations in the immediate vicinity to choose from for his momentary get away.

The Bellum Steppe was obviously out.

So a thin and ill-kempt man with a shock of hair like a lion's mane slowly picked his way down the creek side, finding that if anything, he surprisingly liked it here. He was accustomed to spending his time in skulking shadows and darkness, to hauling his fragile bones through thick murk and swamp water, and the creek meant for lovers was quite a change from that. But the burbling water was clear and cool, satiating his parched throat with something that did not taste of decay, and in fact was clear and quite refreshing. To say nothing of the marvelous canopies and luscious greenery, delicious and filling on his hungry belly.

The mists that shrouded the creek gave him some of the sense of security the murk and shadows of the swamp did as well, yet the sun still shone and gave him that feeling of warmth that he instinctively longed for, even if his mind convinced him to spend most of his days hiding from it for fear that its warming light might lead foul eyes to find him.

Auru felt so refreshed by all these aspects that made the Amare Creek so enjoyable a place to visit for him, that he even knelt by a place where the creek waters pooled deeper, splashing his face with light bursts of telekinetic power, weak though it may be it sufficed for splashing the water onto his visage, the man rubbing at it with a moss covered stone as he rubbed away the dirt and grime. He felt so cleansed that he in fact stepped into the waters, giving himself an impromptu bath as he washed away the muck and decay-filled waters, setting the rock down once most of the muck had been removed to tug at the hairs of his mane and tail with his telekinesis, smoothing out the knots and tangles before a little searching allowed him to find a jagged branch that could suffice for a brush, allowing him to truly feel refreshed as he was truly clean for the first time in a while, with his mane and tail brushed out to some extent, which began poofing back up as he stepped from the creek and continued walking, the sunlight drying his cleansed body.

He was all freshened up.

Auru was ready for the blind date he was about to be forced into by the will of the gods.

Not even Tempus knew how the situation would go from here.

But it began a little something like this.

Enjoying his stroll, Auru's gaze had in fact taken to the treetops, watching the birds that flitted about the treetops and sang their beautiful songs. As such, he was unaware that another was in the nearby vicinity, and the lion-boy failed to see Rostislav when they came into each other's lines of sight. At least, not at first. His roaming gaze continued to wander, but when he caught a glimpse of a dark and rather large form out of the corner of his eye, his head jerked towards it, the man jumping some in fright at the unexpected, and seemingly sudden appearance of another individual.

Now, normally Auru would have probably picked this moment to break down sobbing in terror, as the other man looked anything but friendly on a normal day. But Auru was relaxed and enjoying a walk, he was freshened up and felt all the more confident for it, clean figure brightening his mood and putting a little more surety in his step. So while he was anxious at the sudden appearance of a vicious looking man, he did not panic and flee, but rather, simply took a step back and bowed his head in apology, stuttering as he spoke in a manner almost, endearing.

Like a blushing schoolgirl encountering a handsome boy.

"S-So sorry, I d-didn't realize anyone else was here."

He looked away, as if too shy to meet the other's gaze, freshly washed and thick, luxurious lion's mane fluttering about him in the gentle breeze. His hoof toyed with the ground, and a light flush of warmth painted itself on his cheeks as he looked away, nibbling lightly on his lips and making them glisten ever so with spit as they flushed under the attention of his teeth, unsure of what to say next or how to approach this situation.

@Rostislav

OOC: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rostislav

I stop walking, instead standing in the creek. The clear water rushed around my fetlocks, soaking my feathers. I stare down at the ripples, a soft smile creeping across my face as I watch small fish swim with the current. My thoughts are more or less .. a random, swirling, mess of fragments. Another bit of breeze lifts my forelock, and the top, thin strands of my mane. Birds chirp around me, critters chattering - the sounds of new spring life. My heart beats hard a couple of times and I breathe in deeply, then let out a long, slow exhale. Immediately I feel lighter, and a small measure of grief leaves me, the pain lessening.

I don't notice him. At least, not until he speaks to me. My head snaps up at his stuttered greeting, ears swiveling before my gaze finds him. I stare at him for a moment of silence with discerning eyes. His bay coat seems damp, but remarkably clean - cleaner than I've been since the day my mama licked me clean. His mane is more like a giant fluff, drier than the rest of him. He looks away as quickly as he's spoken, pawing the ground.

I tilt my head, somewhat confused by is behavior. "You don't need to apologize for it." He nibbles on his lip as well, something I've never seen before. I glance around, as if looking for someone to explain this to me. But there's no one but us. "I'm Rostislav. It's a free land, I'm sure you'd find many others." I chuckle lightly, and my inquisitive stance softens a little.

Tag: @Auru

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Auru

He doesn't have it in him to look the other in the eye.

"You don't have to apologize."

Technically, that was indeed true. He didn't need to apologize for taking a walk and happening to find someone. But the way the man had been reclusing himself gave the lion boy the indication that he had come here to be left alone. Auru would know, he had done it enough times himself.

He shrugged aimlessly, unsure what to do with himself for the moment, taking a hesitant step back despite the other man's statement.

"I'm Rostislav. It's a free land, I'm sure you'd find many others."

The other man laughs lightly, and Auru can't help but feel a little embarrassed.

What a stupid thing he had said. Acting like finding someone in a free land was unexpected.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

His ears wilted a little as he wished to shove his face into a tree in embarrassment, not dealing with the emotion well at all. But that would just make him look even more ridiculous, so he elected not to act, and simply flexed his hooves in his place, shifting his footing in awkward unsurety.

The best he could do was try to play along, try not to look like even more of a fool than he already had. He finally forced his eyes back to the other man, trying not to flinch away at the warrior-like appearance. Even if the man made no move towards him, the other was still more than a bit intimidating in his clear musculature and battle-hardened build, especially for the poor lion boy whose body was as thin as a foal's and temperament the same.

Auru gave a weak smile, hoping to play off his nerves as awkward embarrassment rather than the first touches of fear that coiled in his breast. It wasn't as powerful as it might normally be, but the other was still quite the intimidating conversation partner.

"I... guess that's true, yeah. I just... I-I saw you alone, a-and thought you might want to be left alone... is all..."

@Rostislav

OOC: Man I'm just making up all sorts of words in this post

Rostislav

The other stallion’s expression wilted at my words, his ears visibly dropping. The first thing in my mind was confusion. Hadn’t I just said that he was no trouble, and that he’s free to do as he pleases? I think over my words again and realization begins to dawn. I hadn’t exactly been FRIENDLY, clearly in the process I’d embarrassed the other man. Guilt began to color my feelings. What an asshole you are, Rosti.

The weak smile that came across at me highlighted his overall appearance. Skinny, breakable. His feelings so clearly wounded as if I’d struck him across the face. But in his eyes— tenderness, tenacity. He speaks finally, nervously it seems. My gut reaction is similar to when he first greeted me. And yet here we are talking...? But my reaction is tempered by guilt before I can grunt my reply.

Instead, I offer him a reassuring smile— and secretly hope that it softens my features instead of contorting them to resemble a gargoyle. That would be no good at all.

“Well, I suppose my initial rudeness reinforced that perception.” I chuckle, letting the comment stand as an implicit apology. “We are social creatures, are we not? I’m lucky you’ve come along to spare me a sojourn as a lone wolf. What name does my rescuer go by?” I can only imagine how his face might brighten at my tone’s about-face. I’m not sure I care one way or another whether I’m alone, but it doesn’t hurt to practice tactfulness or politeness.

Sorry it took awhile!
Tag: @Auru

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x