Welcome
Hello There, Guest!
- Register

Current

Current Novus date and time is

▶ Year || 502
▶ Season || Winter
▶ Temp || -10℉ (-23℃) to 55℉ (12℃)
▶ Weather || The weather radar really does seem to be off the charts lately...
I wonder what's going on? (#15-19)

Spotlight

Character of the Season
Raymond

Member of the Season
Sid

Thread of the Season
your company's fine but i get on better with mine

Pair of the Season
Somnus and Eulalie

Quote of the Season
"She remembers too well what it means to be free, to take her own fate from the dark places between the stars." — Calliope in Thou goest forth, dread, fathomless, alone.

see here for nominations

DISCORD

OOC - Year 502 Spring - Spotlight Announcements!
inkbone — Administrator Signos: 3,135
▶ Played by inkbone [PM] Posts: 239 — Threads: 32
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 27 [Year 475 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 15 hh Bonded:
SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Jeanne on winning Member of the Season!

Staff all agreed, Jeanne 100000% deserves this beyond a shadow of a doubt. All the work she put into the Day Court Lore and Laws is astounding, and we love how it's inspiring others to do the same - both with the Courts and their own characters histories, ties, and backgrounds. Seraphina is a character to die for, backed up and made effortlessly better by Jeanne's amazing writing and world building skills. That's well deserving of recognition on its own; it's only icing on the cake that Jeanne has also gone above and beyond as a player. She’s truly an inspiration to everyone with her dedication and drive - not to mention how friendly, kind, warm, and wonderful she is!

Jeanne, you are a star for not only Day, but Novus itself. We are so lucky to have you here.

Congratulate @Avdotya on winning Character of the Season!

She’s turned the tides of Solterra’s sands and not a single soul (except Kay) knows what’s in store. She’s the type of character we love to see; true to herself and her beliefs, passionate, and fierce. She's the villain you didn't know you needed in your life until she rose up, like the phoenix. She and the Davke have returned in a glorious rebirth, and they've got the taste of blood in their mouth and debts to settle. Avdotya embodies every ounce of Solterran grit and the fires of Solis. She hasn't let the hardships and wickedness of others defeat or break her. She's reforged her bones into steel and her scars are her spears. The moment you meet her, you know if you touch her, you will burn. The viper queen has risen;  the Davke are wrecking chaos and here to stay.

Congratulate @Bexley on winning Quote of the Season!

From Do the hungry ever sleep?: Bexley gives him a cold, dark, beautiful smile. “Wanna see a trick?” she asks, eyes glowing with feral self-satisfaction. The bare of her teeth in a mock-grin is nothing less than terrifying. “I can make you see ghosts.”

Staff all felt a pretty similar reaction: Literal, instantaneous goosebumps. Simple, chilling, and conveys so much about Bexley after what happened to her. The fierceness of introducing herself back to Acton, looking like something straight out of nightmares with vengeance on her mind. It's beautiful and tense and wrought with anger and emotion... Go get 'em girl.

Congratulate @Ipomoea and @Messalina on winning Pair of the Season!

They’re so adorable together; sweet flower children who are trying to figure their feelings out. We love them both individually, and then throwing them together? Magnificent. They are both sweet and charismatic, oh so charming, and a thrill to read as they are beautifully developed by both Sid and Rallidae. They never fail to bring a smile to our faces, and we cannot wait to see this couple blossom (all puns intended!)

Congratulate @Reichenbach, @Lysander, @Lavinia, @Raum, and @Cyrene on "I'll cool your fever till the doctor comes" winning Thread of the Season!

It was nearly heartbreaking to read how Reich’s mixed emotions came out and we got to see him as the King Crow, the King of Thieves, commanding his Crows. He no longer wore a mask as he and the Crows took everything out on Lysander. Very dynamic, albeit so very frustrating, heart-wrenching, and tragic. We're sure there will be repercussions in the very near future...

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 03/29/18!

Year 502 Spring is almost over - and that means Spotlight Announcements are right around the corner!
We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
Velorca, who won Character OTS for 501 Winter, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: @Avdotya, @Isorath, @Acton, @Florentine, @Seraphina, @Aislinn

PAIR of the Season
Rhoswen&Raum, who won Pair OTS for 501 Winter, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: @Ipomoea & @Messalina -- @Aislinn & @Asterion --

THREAD of the Season

Thread must have been made or posted in during Spring (02/01-03/29)!

Current nominations: Ill cool your fever when the doctor comes, Only blood can set you free

MEMBER of the Season
Sparrow, who won Player OTS for 501 Winter, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: @Jeanne

QUOTE of the Season

Quote must come from a post made during Spring (02/01-03/29)!

Current nominations include...

“Oh, he has smelled his own blood before; has been beaten down and killed and drowned. But always he has risen; his immortality kept him returning and returning like a seed below the soil waiting always for spring. Death was nothing to a god.

But he is not a god. “
— Lysander, from Ill cool your fever when the doctor comes

"For your gluttony, I swear by the sun our master to give you more blood than you can drink" — Seraphina, from Only blood can set you free

Bexley gives him a cold, dark, beautiful smile. “Wanna see a trick?” she asks, eyes glowing with feral self-satisfaction. The bare of her teeth in a mock-grin is nothing less than terrifying. “I can make you see ghosts.” — Bexley, from DO THE HUNGRY EVER SLEEP?

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 501 Winter Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Spotlight Nomination!</font></div>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: <a href="">LINK</a> TO THE CHARACTER(s), THREAD, OR MEMBER
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

</blockquote></blockquote>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

roo — Guest
▶ Played by [pm] Posts: N/A — Threads:
▶ [] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 502 [Year ] Active Magic:
▶ hh Bonded:
Please excuse me while I fan girl over every one of these, ‘kay? xD

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: MEMBER
Show us: jeanne
Reason: Where do I begin? Jeanne started a revolution on Novus with her incredible world building as she created the lush history of Solterra! So much so that other courts have been inspired to do the same! Her amazing writing style and creativity — as well as starting the Day Court adopts (have you read how detailed the world is?!) — are in need of some recognition. <3

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: avdotya
Reason: The long since quiet viper queen has finally risen from the ashes of the Davke’s supposed destruction, creating havoc and chaos in her wake as she goes! Avdotya has turned the tides of Solterra’s sands, and no one has a clue what plans she has in store.

Which OTS: PAIR
Show us: messalina & ipomoea
Reason: Probably one of the cutest pairs I’ve seen in a long time. I’m really excited for these two flower children <3 Y’all can’t look me in the eye and tell me these two aren’t precious cinnamon rolls okay? Thought so.

Which OTS: THREAD
Show us: i’ll cool your fever when the doctor comes.
Reason: One of my most stalked threads — seeing the Night king for he really is: the King Crow, the King of Thieves. A face he hides from all but his precious orphans, it was super refreshing — and heartbreaking — to read the manifestation of his pain and how he took it out on Lysander. Everyone in this thread has a story to tell, and it’s really amazing to see it all come together (quite literally) as the Crows gang up on an unsuspecting once-immortal.

Which OTS: QUOTE
Show us: “Oh, he has smelled his own blood before; has been beaten down and killed and drowned. But always he has risen; his immortality kept him returning and returning like a seed below the soil waiting always for spring. Death was nothing to a god.

But he is not a god. “ - by Lysander, i’ll cool your fever when the doctor comes.
Reason: One of the pivotal moments of this entire thread; the moment where all hell breaks lose and we see a once-god in the seconds before, during, and after he is beaten.. for he is the object of the Crow King’s rage. This quote right here makes my heart bleed for Lysander so much — the whole situation, the back story, the drama. All of it. Griffin did such an amazing job (as always <3) with her writing. Her style is incredible, and this post was no different.

Reichenbach — Guest
▶ hh Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Acton
Reason: Argh I just LOVE all of Griffin's characters!! They way they're written just brings them to life and Acton is 110% my favourite haha I might be biased but I just find him so exciting and real to read!

Show us: @ISORATH
Reason: Psh jeez I can't believe Iso hasn't won this already!! He has done so much, interacted with so so many characters and he's so well developed! Again, I could be biased but I just think he is an all round stunning character!

Show us: IPOMOEA & MESSALINA 
Reason: SAH CUTE. These two are both written amazingly and it's so nice to read! Ipo working out his feelings is always entertaining to read haha and Messa just comes to life off of the screen!

Which OTS: THREAD
Show us: Only blood can set you free
Reason: This is such an exciting thread I am STOKED.

Which OTS: JEANNE
Show us: @Jeanne
Reason: Oh man Jeanne is just 100% inspiration for everyone right now haha She writes Sera so well and has developed this complete world in Solterra, it's so engaging and amazing to read! Plus such an all-round wonderful member <3 

Show us: "For your gluttony, I swear by the sun our master to give you more blood than you can drink" — Seraphina
Reason: pretty self explanatory ;) but this is so chilling and SO SERAPHINA.

Keira — Guest
▶ hh Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Isorath
Reason: Honestly Isorath is one of those characters where you can either love to hate him or just simply love him and his actions. Arah writes him beautifully and I have enjoyed reading all of his endeavors on this site and seeing him grow.

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: Messalina & Ipomoea
Reason: The dynamic between these two is super cute?? I really enjoy reading their threads together and how the both of these characters interact and deal with their feelings.

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: MEMBER
Show us: @Jeanne
Reason: I think she deserves to be recognized for the increased activity and inspiration she has sparked in Novus' history! What she has done with Day Court is truly amazing and I love reading about the culture and events throughout it's history. Not to mention she's just a really sweet person!

aimless — OOC Account Signos: 0
▶ Played by aimless [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 0
▶ [female [she/her/hers]] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: PAIR OF THE SEASON
Show us: aislinn & asterion
Reason: they are both so well-written, and so sweet together?? i really enjoyed their winter’s end festival thread, just the way they think of each other? and omg ash and her poor wing now and then he comes to her!! i love how happy they seem to make each other, it’s almost infectious when you read it! ;u;

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: CHARACTER OF THE SEASON
Show us: florentine
Reason: the poor lady, so much has been happening for her lately! i love how obsi writes her; flora’a personality comes across so wonderfully in all of her posts and i’ve enjoyed reading how she’s been dealing with everything this season c:

rallidae — OOC Account Signos: 85
▶ Played by rallidae [pm] Posts: 11 — Threads: 1
▶ [she/her/hers] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Fall] Active Magic:
▶ 5'7 hh Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: pair
Show us: Aislinn and Asterion
Reason: because Ash x Asterion are endgame?? but seriously, these two contrast each other in the best way and I'm always swooning at their interactions. It's been so fun reading how their relationship has blossomed, and anticipating where it will go! I love them both separately but together they are an unstoppable pair. 

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: character
Show us: Seraphina
Reason: bc sera deserves a vacation the way Jeanne writes Seraphina is phenomenal, and her personality and actions are all so realistic and expertly thought out. seeing how she navigates the whirlpool of diplomacy and betrayals as the sovereign is always a fascinating read, and Sera in general is just an uber complicated and intense character. I love her!
[Image: caine_nocturnalowlet_by_siliencely-dcds5v5.png] [Image: rhys_nocturnalowlet_by_siliencely-dcds5xc.png] [Image: messa_aimless_by_siliencely-dcds5yx.png] [Image: cy_nocturnalowlet_by_siliencely-dcds5uf.png]
ral∙li∙dae (noun) :
the rail family, a bird family that includes the species known as rail, coot, crake, and gallinule

idk i just thought it was a cool word ok

roo — Guest
▶ hh Bonded:
Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: “Bexley gives him a cold, dark, beautiful smile.

“Wanna see a trick?” she asks, eyes glowing with feral self-satisfaction. The bare of her teeth in a mock-grin is nothing less than terrifying. “I can make you see ghosts.”” - Bexley, DO THE HUNGRY EVER SLEEP?
Reason: FIGHT ME. The Bexley x Acton tension is strong with this one and I LOVE IT. This is so good!! What a perfect way for her to face off with him again. I’m on the edge of my sit for this thread holy moly.

Jeanne — OOC Account Signos: 250
▶ Played by Jeanne [pm] Posts: 13 — Threads: 2
▶ [Female [She/Her/Hers]] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
don't normally post in spotlights because I'm terrible at picking things, but. aislinn. aislinn, guys.
Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: Aislinn
Reason: Aislinn is wonderfully well-written (Her posts have so many iconic and absolutely gorgeous lines in them? I swear, roo writes her so, so beautifully; she's always so much fun to read) and watching her development throughout her Novus career has been nothing short of delightful. I'm really excited to see what she does going forward as Denocte's Reagent! <3
-- 

also : noting that the quote from only blood can set you free is my variation on a historical quote - I didn't actually come up with it, so I can't take any particular credit for it. <3 (forgot to add my link when I posted that reply at 1am or so RIP; fixed now that I realized it wasn't in there.)

inkbone — Administrator Signos: 3,135
▶ Played by inkbone [PM] Posts: 239 — Threads: 32
▶ Female [She/Her/Hers] Hth: ∞ — Atk: ∞ — Exp:
▶ 27 [Year 475 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 15 hh Bonded:
❤️ CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS! ❤️