Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Gorey bits of me & you

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jude

JUDE
Cute and tiny quote
try to make the text
match up at the ends
so it forms a nice box

Hey..
Hey..
h e y
HEY!!

What

You fell asleep again.

Oh… Oh well.. Jude lifts his head and then opens his eyes. It is a reckless move to so casually plant himself in any old bush but he’s become too comfortable. Journeying is familiar at this point and he knows his familiar can at the very least let him know if unsavory company came by. He gives a slow exhale and then pushes himself up to his feet, briefly adjusting the flowers in his hair back into place. He had carefully braided his mane and looped his roses through the braid, forskaing his crown only for a day.

It is best he begin the long, worthless trek back to Dusk. He’ll rest in the court and gather his thoughts before deciding his next course of action. Likely find a place to settle for a time, maybe even plant flowers.. Spring is upon him and Jude misses the careful attention that his flowers called for.

”I think I miss the koi pond most” Jude looks down at Mittens as the cat struts along with him. He knows it will only be a matter of time before she clambers onto his back. ”The soft ripples always offered a comfort.. Even if you and the others were always trying to eat my fish.”

Not our fault you put food right in front of us,” Mittens says and lifted her face to sniff the air. ”Something isn’t right…” She looks around and Jude stops in his tracks. His ears move about rapidly and his eyes begin to scour the area frantically to seek out the form that his bonded has perceived a threat.

Image by Queerly | Code by Tribs

this post is a dumpster fire ahldiushad please forgive me @Isorath

Isorath

Isorath
a quote for isorath

you're over thinking.

'When am I not overthinking? I've not stopped thinking since that festival.' The Kirin responded with an irritated huff. That damned festival, where he'd found love and confessed his own, while being stripped of the position he had been fiercely devoted to. Where blood coated stone, jealousy had opened it's maw wide and had it's fill. It was merely the tip of a rather large iceberg. One made of blackened ice and flecked with moonstones. Sharks in the water reflected the colors of Dusk and Day, the water murky and unforgiving to those who slipped into it's waters.

Usually flights allowed him to escape such thoughts, but there was a tension in the line of his spine that he could not shake. Times were changing, and the world was reacting, Reichenbach had been right about that much. Aether sensed his disquiet and the dragon above him uttered a guttural noise, diving lower beneath the misty mountain fog.

It was not unusual for the Dragon to stray, but when silence reigned after a few moments, punctuated by the absence of large leathery wings. Isorath's brows drew upward and he stilled, in the air he lingered like a star composed of moon and star fire.

Until he heard Aether's earth shattering roar, and the distinct sound of a dragon in descent. The way the wind whistled and howled around his gargantuan frame. It was an unmistakable sound, one he'd heard plenty of times as Dragon's weaved and dived around his home, over the cliffs and across the waves.

Without hesitation he followed, blood pounding in his ears and wings drawn tight. What could of spurned the beasts sudden reaction? Gods, he hoped for the best, but he expected the worst. They had experienced the smoking ruins of Solterra and it's banners, perhaps he had spied a battalion of them making for the pass? Or Terrastellan banners, they'd lived long enough there to memorize the Dusk colors.

Kirin, a pink one. Simultaneously his heart leapt and fell.

"Aether!" He called, bellowed really over the rushing wind and the sound of the Dragon landing upon the cragged cliffsides of the pass. Aether's bulk crumbled the stone beneath his grip, as the Dragon scaled with a practiced grace and lowered his great head toward the pink kirin. Isorath isn't far behind him, landing on unsteady rocks as he used them to jump and glide to the ground.

'Stop worrying, Princeling.' Came Aether's bemused reply, as his maw parted inches from the petite frame of Jude, his head turned minutely toward the larger kirin. 'I have seen him in your memories, I merely wanted to say hello.'

"He's going to give me a heart attack." He announced, breathless from his sudden drop while his eyes landed on the familiar form, but not before he gave the bemused dragon a sour look. Isorath wanted to pull him into an embrace, press his muzzle into those pink locks and whisper fond words of welcome and happiness to him but something stilled his actions. A bigger concern, a much larger question took it's place instead. "I thought you left for Vectaeryn —" he paused for a moment, as if a rock had suddenly dropped upon the Prince's head — or a candle had been lit. "Please tell me you did not return to Terrastella? It isn't safe."

TAG: @Jude
"this here is your speech colour!

Jude

JUDE
Cute and tiny quote
try to make the text
match up at the ends
so it forms a nice box
He isn’t sure how he expected to react when his path crossed with Isorath’s once again. At first he he had convinced himself he’d meet Isorath’s solar flares with an inferno of his own. It is easy to be angry in hindsight, but he relinquished his rage and softened it to sorrow, then polished it to acceptance.. But for the moment contentment is not on the forefront of his mind. When the dragon plummets from the heavens he chokes on a scream, his stomach twisting in violent knots. This beast is foreign and he can only hope its owner is not far behind. Mittens arches her back and lets out a violent hiss before she ducks under the tendrils of pink waves. It is then he spots a smaller form in comparison to the behemoth and Jude can only assume that he has found the beasts companion. Isorath. For a moment his heart stills, caught in the whirlwind of  confliction.. There is no burning sunburst consuming his chest. Only a soft relief that washes over him and a faint pang of longing, but he knows it will ebb away with time.

Jude steps towards his friend, questioning on what precisely to do but his thoughts are pulled away with the sudden urgency from Isorath. It is likely a safe assumption Jude’s absence had been a return to Vectaeryn but no.. He had headed in the opposite direction, chasing the winds and the roaring thunder to drown out the noise of his own thoughts. He had needed to shake away the debris of his history, tear open old scars to let them bleed fresh so he could finally heal. 

“I chased a different road,” Jude says. “I needed to find myself and I knew it would not be in Vectaeryn.” He then tries to grasp what could possibly warrant such concern from Isorath.. What had happened since his departure? “I had passed through Terrastella upon my return to Novus..” He then tilts his head as he stares at his old friend. “It’s a land of healers, how is it unsafe? What happened in my absence?”

@Isorath

Isorath

Isorath
a quote for isorath

With the panic over, at least where Aether was concerned. Isorath can focus on the more immediate concern that followed. He cannot hide the frown which pulled at his scaled features, when Jude announced he had not returned to their mist hidden shores. It's dangerous, he wanted to say, for them to simply go where they wanted. What if he happened upon someone who knew his worth for the gold he could line their pockets with? But he swallowed it down, however bitter it was, Jude was capable of making his own decisions.

If his road didn't take him back to their homeland, then so be it.

He does not look injured, Jude looked exactly like Isorath remembered him to be. In that, he is content.

"Just because it's a land of healers, doesn't make it safe." Isorath countered with an amused huff. He could go on and on about that, but he doesn't. The question wasn't about the fine points of Realms and their 'famous for' monikers.

"I was removed from my position as Regent, for falling in love with Reichenbach." Isorath answered simply, though it's written as clear as the day upon his features, how ludacrous he thought it to be. "I would of understood, I suppose, if I had acted on those feelings. But we did not." The winged kirin sighed, and then shrugged his scaled shoulders.

"Reichenbach himself, did something foolish, and well. Now Denocte and Terrastella are on the fringes of conflict. The story is a little more long winded than that, but this isn't the place to have such a conversation." Somewhere much warmer, with the comfort of four walls around them would be preferred. Sure, Isorath had Aether, who would make even the most bold stutter, but he didn't like to take a chance.

TAG: @Jude
"this here is your speech colour!

Jude

JUDE
Cute and tiny quote
try to make the text
match up at the ends
so it forms a nice box
Jude purses his lips and listens to Isorath’s pressing warning. It only brings on more confusion at the idea of Terrastella being dangerous. Hadn’t the prince preached of Dusk’s beauty upon Jude’s first arrival to Novus? In the moment he hadn’t appreciated the beauty of Dusk court, too overcome with confliction and weariness to even begin to accept a new place as home. He decides not to press further questions, especially when an answer is swiftly offered.

He might’ve expected it to feel like a knife tearing through his ribcage when Isorath spoke of love. Instead Jude felt nothing but a heavy sigh come from his lips before he pondered the statement.. “Wait….” Jude says and frowns. “You were removed from regency because you fell in love!?” He blinks and then can’t help but frown. “I..” He pins his ears back against his head and then gives a snort. “These people seem to be so primitive.” He whispers under his breath and then looks back up at Isorath when he continued to speak, mentioning the Night King. After a moment he nods and then twitches the end of his leonine tail.

“This sounds like a discussion best had over tea,” Jude says. “Rather than merely lingering about in the woods.” He then stares out at the road ahead, figuring it will be best to delay his return to Terrastella. He gazes at Mittens who seems all too eager at the idea of resting on pillows than twigs and brush.

@Isorath