Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Curious Questions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eidolon

Come to me in the night hours
I will wait for you

In the short time Eidolon had begun acquainting himself with the locals and the hierarchy that seemed to be in place, he had discovered who the few were that were more or less in charge. It was a difficult process to get used to an entirely new set of rules, but he was finding the work amusing and a great deal interesting. He would never have thought so much personality could be displayed in one person but low and behold. Those he passed were full of life and color. Better yet, they even seemed mildly interested in him. While he would have loved to drone on about his past and the circumstances that lead up to being here, he thought it better to perhaps not speak of it. From what he gathered, arriving how he did was not a usual happenstance. While he doubted they would think too much ill of him for it, he also doubted they would believe him. How exactly did one go about proving prior divinity without a lick of proof? So for all intents and purposes, he had lived a sheltered life until then. One that kept him secluded and untrained in the ways of his court; something that was at least partially true. With that he got fewer strange looks when he asked questions most would think everyone should know.

One burning question stayed in his mind though. Over and over in whispers or casual chatter amongst friends he had caught glimpses of a name: Caligo. From what he had gathered she was this court's deity and she ruled the night. Unendingly curious he wondered who she really was, what she was about, how the deities of this land interacted with those that worshipped them. So many questions, but who to ask?

There were so few he was acquainted with as it was. No one he outright trusted or felt at ease with, but, he had heard of someone that would know the answers he sought. She was called Aislinn.  Everything he had heard of her was very telling of her character: fiery, devout, and loyal among other things. A whirlwind of a mare as wild as lightning but hopelessly empathic. That was who Eidolon found himself seeking out now. To say he was nervous was an understatement, but his stubbornness had won out. He had to know. So he found himself walking the streets of this kingdom; hooves clicking loudly against the earth on the lookout for the stormbringer with constellations on her neck. It took a long while, but after some time he thought he could see her just ahead, and found himself calling out before really thinking about how to approach her, "I don't suppose you're Aislinn? He trotted forward a bit quicker, hoping his voice was enough to get her attention, "Did you have a few moments to spare?"

Aislinn

oh, star child —
how long will it take for you to understand
no galaxy could ever contain
you

The world was washed in lavender twilight when she had been found.

She was still not entirely comfortable with the weight of the diadem sitting on her crown. If she tried, she could imagine the swirling silver and smooth chunks of moonstone that glimmer in rainbows in the light. Yet, still she tries to forget the pretty thing that denotes her rank. Instead, she would rather mingle with Calligo’s people, Reichenbach’s people — her people. For this kingdom was truly her own now, every thief and dancer, every   magician and artisan that desired to find refuge within the boundaries of Calligo’s walls. From the mountains and until the sea meets the horizon of their outlet of land, Aislinn was responsible for every soul. Just because she was no longer the king’s Champion could change that.

If anything, her regency only defined it — like a gleaming North Star in the galaxy that was her.

So she wanders the City of Starlight, mingling and learning the names of those who call the Night home. Aislinn is a wraith born from the shadows that grow, but she is also the gathering of stardust and shimmer. Silver dusts across her skin, crafting her into a ethereal mistress of both stars and storms. Although moons have passed since the Calligo’s gauze first began to follow her, blessing her, Aislinn still smiles at the very thought. And she smiles now because of it, content and utterly calm as she comes to stand in one of the market squares of Veteris. The crowds pulse and chatter, drums and pipes beginning to beat into their passionate songs. In this moment, she feels both separated and one with every part of the city around her — from the darkening sky, to the stars that fall and touch her skin, the laughter and jingle of coins and jewels draped across lithe necks, and to each note that sings from the instruments that play. She only inhales, breathing in crisp spring air and woodsmoke, as her skin tingles with the sensation of peace down to the marrow of her bones.

The voice that finds her then does not shatter this feeling of oneness. Instead, her gaze flares in flames of blue, welcoming the stranger that encompasses her gaze.

I don’t suppose you’re Aislinn?

Her lips curl sweetly, genuinely. With the coming of spring, she noticed the flood of new souls that soon found Calligo’s kingdom to be their new home. And this man before her — she could only guess — was no exception. Immediately, oxygen is stolen from her lungs, for although he dwarfs her, his beauty astounds her. He is not Asterion’s dreamy twilight, nor the dark of Reichenbach’s curls, or Isorath’s porcelain and gold. This stranger was all muscles and velvet, as deep of violet as her goddess’ skies upon a new moon. But it is his eyes that she notes, the amber of them like embers in the dying light. Who was he, she didn’t know.. but still, she wonders, did he call himself one of Calligo’s own?

For now, she can only wonder.

Did you have a few moments to spare?

"Yes, yes, of course," she says, sweet air filling her lungs deeply as she smiles. Aislinn’s wings shift, moving slightly as she nears the fountain of Calligo at her back. Her eyes do not leave him. "I always have moments to spare." She chuckles softly to herself, the sound reverberating the necklace of coins dangling from her throat. "I don’t believe I caught your name. It’s lovely to meet you," the stormsinger notes, her gaze catching the memorizing whorls of gold marking his skin. Beautiful..

Who was he, she would sooner know.  Maybe even.. a Child of the Night, like she. Calligo only knows.

@eidolon ♡ I’M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT ;_; and I love him already holy moly muffin <3
"Aislinn speech."

space
art by aenemoni

Eidolon

Come to me in the night hours
I will wait for you

Like honey, Eidolon found the battle-hardy woman had sweet words. They fell on his ears like petals and he could not help himself but return her smile. It came to him alien and strange; certainly something new to him and only seen in this new world. He thought perhaps that never before had he gotten such a warm invitation to anything from anyone. Fairly ridiculous, but his life before Novus did not offer him much kindness. It was incredibly welcoming and left a warm feeling in his gut. Mildly he was surprised at their height difference. She was not short, it was more that Eidolon was incredibly tall. Her outstanding reputation had him imagining things. Still he found she was as beautiful as he had heard, much like the storms she seemed to exude. There was something electric about her: an energy that zipped along the spine and left a tingling of excitement in others. A zap of true and pure life essence and all the power behind it.

Almost immediately Aislinn had turned to face him; the fountain at her back trickling water in an immortal flow. The sound was rythmic to a point, naturally so. Added to the tune was the delicate tinkling of the coins the woman wore at her neck and the movement and chatter of others. This song, of mingling and pleasant nights, was very quickly growing on the overgrown shadow beast. More and more this place began to feel like home: something worth protecting. 

Stepping closer, the large stallion gave something between a bow and a nod of the head, “Thank you, I’m Eidolon, and i’m just as happy to meet you.” his voice was earnest, “ Sorry if it was presumptuous to seek you out personally. Your reputation had me thinking you’d be the right one to come to.” Maybe this was too polite? He was not sure, but thought it best to give her the respect she had earned as the regent. How he spoke his next question he was a bit unsure of as well and it showed briefly on his countenance: shuffling wings, a brief loss of eye contact, a look of thought. Even as he spoke, Eidolon wondered if he could have said it better, “I find myself at a loss of knowledge when it comes to Calligo and was hoping you might enlighten me.” He tripped over his words in an attempt to explain, “I-uhm, well, circumstances have had me at a disadvantage, as the life of a hermit can do. Well, former hermit.”

Feeling as though he had embarrassed himself enough for the time being, he held his tongue from trying to explain any further.  It was not often he struggled to speak to another and it anguished him in the way little frustrations did. Maybe he should have come up with something better than a hermit but at least it was along the lines of truth. Lying did not sit well in him. For someone so tied to shadows, he was not very good at secrets and subterfuge. Though now that he thought about it, he never believed shadows held those qualities. Sometimes, maybe, but there was so much more to darkness. Few understood that, though he was sure those of the night court knew it well.

OOC: No trouble at all <3 i've been pretty busy myself and ohgosh thank you, Aislinn is amazing I'm excited to see how this thread goes! Eidolon is definitely fond of her from the start but also... very embarrassed because how does one tell a smart and beautiful lady that he's a big dumby when it comes to Calligo haha.