Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Take Me to Church

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eidolon

Come to me in the night hours
I will wait for you

Intellectual tastes still tantalized by the goddess Caligo after speaking with Aislinn, Eidolon found himself so much more intrigued. There was this desperate need to know everything he could, and while the questions he had gotten answers to thus far had been more than he expected to get, there was always more. More than be told about these things, he wanted to experience it in some way. From what he had learned, there was a shrine that would be his best bet. It was a ways to travel unfortunately, but not far enough to deter Eidolon from heading that way regardless. He had been given some instruction on how to get there but not detailed enough it seemed.

Huffing in frustration, the large stallion stamped a hoof and looked around. He couldn’t be certain, but he would swear he had been in this exact spot earlier that day. By now he should have been at the shrine. As it was the midday sun in such a high altitude was beating down on him; eyes delicate to its harsh rays with only the gossamer protection of his eyelashes to shield them. Even now he could feel the sweat building in every crevice. Uncomfortable, and annoyed to say the least, he squinted for any hint of where he should be going.

Frustratingly, however, he had no clue where he was going. Staying still wasn’t that great an option either. There was always flight, but he had exercised his wings quite enough already and thought it best to hold that last burst of it for when things got any worse. Until then he endeavored to travel further up the mountain by way of the path to the right. A stubborn arrogance was beginning to overcome him. He refused to give up and head back now, he had to see this shrine.

@Reichenbach

Reichenbach

REICHENBACH

KING OF STARS AND SMOKE

The trip to Veneror Peak was one he made often, at least once a month. Despite the drama, despite the stresses of being to whole face of a Court, Reichenbach always made time to dote upon his goddess. If anything, the more stresses he faced the more he wanted to visit the Peak and unload, knowing Caligo was always to be on his side, to understand how tumultuous and chaotic the life of a Denoctian could be. 

The day was a warm, though a pleasant breeze slid gentle fingers through Reichenbach's ebony curls as he made his steady way up the mountain — a string of jasmine flowers intwined around prairie rosinweed hovering delicately beside him. His gift for Caligo, to show her his dedication and the beauty of Denocte. Spring brought with it the most beautiful and decadent wildflowers, but the sunflowers of the rosinweed were by far his favourite. They bloomed underneath the embrace of the spring sun, bright and fresh and beautiful — a pleasant reminder that though rumours of War littered the horizon, their land was untouched. 

It took only a scuff upon the path for the King of Thieves to realise that he was not alone on the journey upward, his argent gaze flitting easily over the evidence of Eidolon's presence and setting the information in the back of his mind. It did not come as a surprise when he stepped around a jagged corner and came upon the vast sapphire man, though his argent eyes still flashed slightly at the size of the stranger. 

A roguish grin stretched his black lips as he stepped forward, the scent of woodsmoke and jasmine floating with him. Frustration emanated from the giant in waves, only serving for Reichenbach's warm grin to grow as he asked simply:
"Lost?" 

@Eidolon ack not happy with this post but wanted to get something up for you! <3

Eidolon

Come to me in the night hours
I will wait for you

It was while drenched in the stupor of agitation that Eidolon caught ear of someone else talking to him. They said only word, and in his current state, he did not take to it well. Brow wrinkling, and lips pulling down into an annoyed frown. It wasn’t until he had turned around to face this person that he realized it was the Night Court’s sovereign that he had been about to address in quite the wrong way. Wiping the look off his face, Eidolon sufficed with a shrug of his shoulders and a huff, “Unfortunately.” It was too late to hide the agitation entirely so he rolled with it, “I’m sure I’ve passed this exact spot at least two times, at this point I’m wondering if Caligo is trying to tell me something.” Shaking his head, Eidolon gave a smile to Reichenbach; wiping away the dregs of irritation little by little.

Eidolon had not spent much time at all with this man, but there was something about him that bled a powerful aura. Something beyond just being the Sovereign. Still, that alone was a feat and, he imagined, not something easily gained. Being responsible for such a large group of others had to be daunting. Responsible, and accountable. It was not the sort of power Eidolon wished for at least. In a world of great destinies and potential, he just wished to live happily and protect what he held dear. Novus had brought him the chance to do so, and he fully intended to take advantage of it.

Shuffling his wings about, Eidolon raised a brow in curiosity, “What brings you this way?” he did not pause long after his question, knowing full well there was likely only one place the sovereign could be going, “I don’t suppose your destination is Caligo’s shrine? If so I would be very grateful to tag along.” Looking closer, Eidolon could see and smell a colorful bunch of flowers Reichenbach had with him. It struck him then, he should probably have brought some sort of offering. A bit late now, but maybe he could think of something by the time he reached the shrine.

@Reichenbach

Reichenbach

REICHENBACH

KING OF STARS AND SMOKE

“Unfortunately. I’m sure I’ve passed this exact spot at least two times, at this point I’m wondering if Caligo is trying to tell me something.”

His voice was a deep baritone, agitation colouring it's edges.. though it was not unkind. Reichenbach felt his grin relax to a pleasant smile, amiable in the face of such a vast stranger. He was undoubtedly Night Court — if not for his deep hued skin then for the scent of woodsmoke that clung subtly to his dark hair. Caligo's court seemed to grow in leaps and bounds, the taste of freedom becoming more and more sought out. Reichenbach wondered, idly, if this man was running from his past, or perhaps seeking a future that had been denied to him before he had arrived upon their shores. 

“What brings you this way? I don’t suppose your destination is Caligo’s shrine? If so I would be very grateful to tag along.”

"It is — and certainly, you can't slow me down too much" 

His grin flashed again, bright and undeniably catching as he began to walk, brushing past Eidolon and gesturing for him to follow. As they walked, his voice rumbled outward, musical and fluid;

"I haven't seen you in Denocte before — when did you arrive?"

Reichenbach realised abashedly that he hadn't introduced himself and turned his roguish head, his argent gaze catching the gold of Eidolon's eye as he said:

"I'm Reichenbach, by the way.. Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy... Sovereign of our Court."

Our Court, because the moment the giant had chosen to live underneath Caligo's stars, he had become one of them. Denoctians were known to be fiercely loyal, and Reichenbach couldn't be excluded from the label — if anything, he was almost troublesome in his loyalty to his people, to the vast extended family that had raised him. 

The incline grew steeper and Reichenbach fell silent, glancing every now and again toward his companion to make sure the giant followed. 

@Eidolon  <3