Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - On a gentle breeze, it has come.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vanora

"The world will know when you fall."
The world bloomed before her, the rainbow of colors dazzling. A warm spring breeze whisked around her, it grappled lightly at her hair and pushed impatient fingers into her skin. An aroma of life floated about her, the sweet pollen of flowers glided about upon the gale. Hills of emerald rolled on as far as she could see, her silver eyes impressed by the immensity of the plain. Above her, large fluffy clouds of ivory wafted slowly across a turquoise sky. On the breeze, beneath the scent of fresh life, one particular scent seeped through, the sea. It was far off, but it was there. Vanora felt The Naga awaken within her mind. The beast inhaled the memory of the salty brine as it prowled around within the darkness.
Take me there girl, it’s close. So close. The creature murmured quietly, it was not a request.
“No,” she responded, her words echoed around her. It was command enough. 
You will regret this girl, The Naga warned, a growl evident in its ghastly voice. It then proceeded to lash out against the mental barrier Nora had so painstakingly constructed.
Remember who I am child, the monster advised viciously as Nora cried out in pain. A headache soon throbbed within her temples in response to The Naga’s attack. 
Slowly, Vanora lowered herself to the soft grass that caressed her limbs. This, this was her prison, her own mind. There was no escape for her, she was trapped within a cell with a creature so dark, the world should fear it.
Oh, they do. They will. The Naga responded with a promise, once again it showed its ability to tear at the young girl’s mind.
"They will never know you," Vanora whispered, a vow to the world. Never would she allow this creature to be released upon it, no matter what she must do to maintain its captivity.
The sun was pleasant upon her chocolate hide as she curled up in the grass and wished away the pain in her head. The wind continued to tickle her skin gently as she allowed the gracious spring day to comfort her. For a moment, just a moment, she allowed herself to live in the silence her words had caused. 
"Never again will you see the ocean," she finished, so silently, it could've been imagined.

"Vanora Speaks."
The Naga speaking.
tag: @Aislinn
coding: aimless
art: zeni-graphics

Aislinn

DAUGHTER OF STORMS.

For once, the stormsinger revels under the sun drops that seep warmth into her skin like liquid gold. The sunlight glitters, dazzling in crystalline rainbows that catch the tall prairie grasses, and each blossom that blooms. Summer’s fever sits on the cusp of their horizon, but it is spring’s cool breeze that tangles the ivory of her mane. She stands at the edge of the Green Sea, thoughts of her kingdom and politics left behind in the City of Starlight. Her diadem forgotten, more or less, with only the tinkle of her coins draped around her throat.

Aislinn is every part the gypsy woman she has always been; striped of her regency to become the wanderer she is at heart.

The grass dances in the winds that race across the prairie. Flowers fill her lungs, all sweet and touched with the brine of a faraway sea. She thinks of Florentine and her lavender blossoms as she steps into the expanse of open sunlight. But now, her thoughts are wisps, focusing on the tension that leaves each coiled muscle. Sapphire orbs follow the flow of the grass, and also — the break of the ebb of emerald. Chocolate curls under the warm sun, drinking in the beams of shining gold like she. Her own nostrils flare, not detecting any hint of foreign kingdoms, for flower petals and salt fill her lungs instead.

The storm mare stops, grass tickling her underbelly as she notes the stranger. But she cannot help the welcoming smile on her lips where copper curves skywards. Ivory strands gleam like starlight in a halo around flaming eyes.

She is all warmth and summer heat, her hurricanes swirling as she says: ”May I join you?”

REGENT OF THE NIGHT COURT

@vanora ♡ eeeep
”Aislinn speech.”

space

Vanora

"Fly, escape the darkness."
Silver eyes remained closed as the woman enjoyed the sun that warmed her dark skin. A breeze tickled her skin once more as the aroma of life settled around her. 
What are you doing girl? The Naga asked, a sneer evident in its ghastly voice. 
“Let me enjoy this moment, will you?” Vanora replied, her voice agitated. The monster did not stir again. 
It was silent for many minutes more before another sound appeared in the meadow. However, this one did not echo around in her head but it came from nearby. Grass rustled and Vanora’s eyes opened suddenly. 

Nearing her was an extraordinary stranger. With eyes of blue flame, the woman was beautiful and intimidating in every sense. The Naga, however, did not respond or even move about within her mind. It seemed unbothered by the newcomer and a smile appeared on Nora’s lips at the stranger’s words.
“Well yes of course! Get comfortable. The sun is lovely,” Vanora’s words were unhonest and laced with an unusual warmth. 
She did not rise to greet the other woman, but she dipped her head in greeting and respect. 
“I am Vanora,” the bay girl said, her elongated ears pricked forward, ivory eyes upon the winged woman.
“And you?” the lioness asked.
“Do you enjoy am occasional romp in the meadow as much as I do?” the girls voice was filled with mirth and humor as she stared at the elegant woman before her.

"Vanora Speaks."
The Naga speaking.

OOC: Sorry this is so short!

Aislinn

DAUGHTER OF STORMS.

She never guessed she would find silver gems amidst the Green Sea. Yet here she was, staring into twin jewels that reflect the like of stars on one of Calligo’s darkest nights. Truly,  a treasure that has been found in the trove of the spring meadow, in the form of a girl she had never met nor seen before. Her wandering heart roars in answer with glee; tugging at the inside of her rib cage without abandon. For what more could she ask for than the freedom to explore and meet those from kingdoms far and wide?

The stormsinger did not have the slightest clue of the girl’s pledge to Solis’ court as she matches her smile with her own. Sea salt and lavender curl in her lungs with their perfume instead, and she shivers beneath the golden sun as the ocean’s breeze dances across her skin. Those same winds jingle the coins around her throat in a musical song, whispering with the prairie grasses that swirl to their own melodies.

Well yes, of course! Get comfortable. The sun is lovely.

”Thank you.” She nods, gaze closing as she shifts. Her legs collapse beneath her, coming to lay beneath the dripping sun drops with reverie. Next to the girl, they are the earth and night sky under a canopy of blue heavens. Even as she breathes in the taste of summer heat that is so utterly close, she can’t deny it. The stranger is right of course; for even though the stormsinger herself could not hold an ounce more of disdain for the Day Court kingdom, Solis’ sun was lovely. At least, for now, she’d admit.

I am Vanora. And you?

Blinking her eyes open, the sun’s glare flickers against the blue of her eyes. Her muzzle finds the air and wind, breathing deeply before her orbs fall on the shimmering ivory of her companion’s. Vanora. What a pretty name,” she replies softly, genuinely. Her gaze flares, lashes falling to blot out the sun’s rays. ”I’m Aislinn, but please.. call me Ash.”

Do you enjoy am occasional romp in the meadow as much as I do?

Her laughter is a raspy, raw sound that reverberates through her bones with pure truth. ”I hadn’t noticed,” she giggles fitfully. Humor finds her hear when it so rarely touches her lips with it’s unfamiliar lightness. She grins at the girl — Vanora — with a smile that touches the icy flames of her eyes. ”My heart is as much a wanderer as I, and I can only hope that it takes me to places far and wide,” she tells her. Aislinn leans in towards her as another breeze races towards them, tangling the starlight of her mane. As forever wild and untame as she. ”I admit I have a soft spot for beautiful things, beautiful places.”

She leans back, stretching her neck to soak in every teardrop of warmth from the sky. ”Tell me, what brought you to this place?”

REGENT OF THE NIGHT COURT

@vanora ♡ i love her already oml ;u;
”Aislinn speech.”

space

Vanora

"Fly, escape the darkness."
The breeze tickled her chocolate skin as a bright smile appeared upon her feline lips. Each of the darker woman’s words brought forth a rare feeling of lightness that rested upon her chest. For some absurd reason, she felt remarkably calm around this stranger. She was the night sky, she looked wild in the most elegant way. Vanora’s silver eyes settled upon her impressive wings and she tilted her head inquisitively. 
At the compliment, Vanora felt her cheeks heat for a moment and The Naga scoffed.
Foolish girl, what are you doing? You are acting like a child. The creature spoke, disgust evident in its tone. 
“Ash…” Vanora whispered quietly, allowing the syllables to roll over her tongue smoothly. 
A wanderer at heart. Hmm. Perhaps they were not so different. 
For a moment, as the lioness enjoyed the clarity of the situation, she allowed her mind to roam. Where did Aislinn come from? A land of stars? Perhaps a land of oracles? 
Perhaps.

At Ash's question, Vanora drew quickly from her own mind. 
Tell her nothing, The Naga warned.
Vanora stiffened for a moment as a calm and emotionless mask suddenly appeared upon her face. 
“I’m new here,” the maned girl replied.
“I haven’t been on this continent for long but it’s a haven as far as I’ve seen,” Nora answered honestly. 
“This meadow,” she said as she glanced around her, “is as far from the ocean as I was able to get.” This revealed nothing but it was more than she should have said. 
Child, do not antagonize me,,/v> The Naga snarled as it raked its savage claws down the walls of her shield. 
Pain flickered across her face as she lowered her eyes for a moment. She would not let Ash know of her struggle, she couldn’t. Could she?

"Vanora Speaks."
The Naga speaking.

OOC: Getting a feel for her still! But I am loving this!