Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bearer of news

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

Healed at last. Araxes could shake away the phantoms of her past, but not the marks left on her from it. Silvery scars under a speckled hide, sometimes nightmares that plagued her if she didn't have the proper tincture made for herself before going to bed. It was... difficult, to say the least, but it was getting easier as time went one. Slowly. Day by day.

Now however, she brought herself through the court, hooves gently clipping on the hard flooring as she rounded herself toward the library, hoping to spy a familiar face.

Isorath had become a rather good friend, and to have him as part of the Night Court was a delight to the spotted woman.

"There you are," came her voice, a smile on her lips as she spied the familiar ivory and gold of the kirin that had become close to her, and closer even to her Sovereign. "You're always so easy to find, nosing at these books. Haven't you already read that one?" She laughed just a little, but calmed the next moment, slate eyes warm and her smile even more so.

She stood before the other.. different. A soft rounding, a seeming glow about her. "I'm hoping to convince you to impart some of your teas to me, Isorath. I've come to realize I can't exactly concoct something myself when I'm not feeling too well to do so. I need something for the sickness this little one has begun bringing to me."

Maybe not a soft rounding, but plenty. Unlike her size with the twins, it was obvious that this would be a single birth, though the foal was still going to be large, due to the father.

@Isorath || tra lalala. my sweet babbu

Isorath

I S O R A T H
A QUOTE FOR ISORATH

here is a comfort in familiarity. It was almost like slipping into an old, well worn but still comfortable, as he settled in his old nook in the library. It had been left as he remembered it, the incense burner lingered on the windowsill, and the books he'd pulled off the shelves were still stacked by the inkpot and quill he'd used to take notes. Perhaps they'd expected him back, and had simply let it be. Maybe they had spotted the way the winged Kirin had looked at their Sovereign, how his features had softened after every interaction. It wouldn't be too far a guess, to know that the Kirin would of returned, given those soft lingering looks.

There you are.

He had been reading something on the first Sovereign of Denocte, when that soft silken voice reached his ears. Lilac eyes flicked up immediately and settled on the all too familiar frame. "Araxes," He greeted softly, before his own laugh joined hers at the mention of the book he'd been reading, "I might have, but I'm rather smitten with the way the author has described the King." Isorath mused, before a taloned claw gestured for her to sit, once his eyes slid away from her face to the noticable swell of her sides.

I'm hoping to convince you to impart some of your teas to me, Isorath.

"Say no more, come, sit and I will prepare us tea and get you those notes." It wouldn't do to have her stand around, and Isorath himself rose to his hooves to pull one of his books from the small shelf behind him. He'd documented his own recipes and notes from other books he'd found. "I do have some prepared in my rooms, I can have those sent to you as well as give you the ones in my chest here." Isorath stated, as he settled down back on his pillows and began to scrawl on a piece of parchment. "My mother was particularly fond of drinking nettle and mint tea's while she carried my sister. I can still smell it if I think about it for too long. I hope you don't mind that the tea is chamomile?" He recalled with a huff, adding that to the gradually growing ink already scribed. His teke reached out in a separate tendril, to begin to bring the kettle that always lingered nearby to boil, before turning his attention to the cups.

"Is the father the same one who fathered Cynix and Siavax?" He inquired lightly, his head tilted a fraction to the side. "Are they excited to have another sibling?"

TAG: @Araxes
NOTES: <3
"this here is your speech colour!

Araxes

ARAXES
tender heart

Really, she couldn't tease him about reading the same book more than once, considering she was just as guilty of it when it came down to it. "Isn't it always good to read a book again? Something like jut relaxing and growing familiar with it." As if slipping in to a well worn chair and relaxing one's self.

Giggling to herself softly, Araxes was pleased to hear his agreement on the teas, and she stepped close slowly, allowing herself to rest among the pillows, tugging a few close to herself with the meager telekinesis she possessed. Lifting her head, the small wings seemed to flutter and dance, and her lips turned upward in to a smile as she heard him, feeling the flicker of joy. "You are absolutely my savior," she mentioned, laughing softly as she watched him. "I don't mind at all. So long as it helps with the way this one seems to be so fussy all the time." Her sickness was worse with this one foal than it was with the twins, but she supposed it was only how things would go.

Carefully, she drew another pillow or two to her side, nestling them there where the foal seemed to be pressing the most, before her eyes drifted up and the smile warmed her lips once more. "Yes, the same father," she admitted. "With the tensions of the courts now gone, I'm hoping that this one.. well. That this one will not suffer as the twins did with such vicious rumors," she admitted softly.

"I know Cynix is quite beside himself to have a sibling, and between you and me, I do hope this one is a girl. Raising two colts was quite a task." The bubbling laughter slipped from her lips again, and Araxes relaxed herself, her slate eyes warm and comforting. "Perhaps I will let this one live in the Day Court once they're weaned. I know the boys don't much see their father, and... well. It'd be a nice thing to do, wouldn't it?"

@Isorath || these two are the best friends i love it