Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Stay gold

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lyra

L   Y   R   A

For most of that day Lyra had wandered. No true direction guiding her steps as she made aimless gains along the terrain away from Denocte. It was by chance that she had found the meadows within Delumine, a place she knew an old friend lived. The sight of so many spring flowers across the grassland brought a warm smile to her lips. And with a sigh she discarded any of her worries, and the shadows of a past life to embrace the open field, maybe with luck she'd run into her old friend.

The horizon and its wide expanse provided the young mare with a renewed, refreshed tremor of excitement. It warmed inside of her, spreading to her limbs with a restless air. A laugh ignited the young woman- rearing back in a playful gesture. Inclining her head in a poised, gallant pose – sending the tips of her nose towards the sky – beseeching the Gods, the Creators with a bold proposal: a race.

Releasing herself, she dropped down with every intention of bursting forward. Muscles contracted behind her, lunging her forward moments before her fore hooves grasped the earth. She was off; the girl who’d been told to stay close to Denocte was alone and unbound by the fear of ill intent.

@Eulalie    
speech color!

space

Eulalie

Eulalie moved through Illuster Meadow at a leisurely pace, enjoying the serenity of the gentle breeze and the swaying of the tall grasses. All around her, poppies grew, reaching their soft petals toward the bright blue sky. The golden haired woman had a smile on her lips as she walked, earth colored eyes looking but not seeing as her thoughts were occupied by gilded feathers and ivory hair and eyes like summer leaves. Oh and if he weren’t so different from so many of the people she had been exposed to in her life. She thought she might like to get to know him more.

The steady thrumming of hooves eventually broke through, her head lifting to seek to the source of the noise. There, racing across the gently rolling hills of the meadow was a dark shadow. Eulalie might have thought they were running from something, yet there was nobody else around that she could see. Curiosity getting the better of her, she made her way closer until she could begin to make out details of the strange. What she found was that it was no stranger at all. The navy curves and dark starlit hair brought her back to more than a year ago, making her way through the sand covered streets of Solterra’s court. In fact, it was quite a shock to her system to see someone from that time of her life, despite the familiarity she had with the night laden woman before her.

“Lyra,” she called out, hoping to catch the other’s attention, provided she would hear over the thundering of her own feet and heart. Eulalie traveled very rarely she supposed this would be a good time to catch up, maybe learn a little about what was going on outside of Delumine. She supposed not every part of their world could be as carefree and peaceful as her own little corner, although she preferred it that way. It gave her more opportunities to appreciate its beauty. She made her way closer to Lyra, “It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other last, tell me, how have you been?”

"Speaking."

@Lyra

Lyra

L   Y   R   A

Lyra had never felt at complete peace unless she was doing something, whether running or making sure the people within her court were happy. If they had an issue that had to be brought to the King she was the one to bring it up, any discrepencies or worries from the people. She was their voice. Still..even she needed time to herself, to meet with old friends and relax. She was only one woman in an ever growing court, she couldn't be everywhere. It was why she had sometimes relied on a younger woman of fire and gold, Lavinia was a woman that seemed to have eyes and ears everywhere. Lyra found her talents useful.

But today she shook thoughts of work from her head as she slowed her movements finally. Her breathing coming in heavy waves, sweat slightly coating her dark blue coat. Her ears twitched forward at the familiar voice of someone she was hoping to find. A smile tugged at her dark lips as she turned her head to look out across the meadow. "Eulalie! It has been a long time." She finally answered her friend as she took a step towards the sun kissed female. They were complete opposites her and Eulalie. One dark as the night and one as bright as sunflowers.

"I've been alright. I found a place to call home after years of wandering..and you? How have you been Eulalie?"

@Eulalie sorry for the wait!   
speech color!

space

Eulalie

Her friend turned to look at her, a smile on her face. They made their way toward each other and Lyra called out to Eulalie in greeting. The bright red flowers brushed across her legs as she walked, happy to meet in the middle as they both finally came to a stop. The sunflower woman’s head leaned forward as she listened to her companion’s words, eager to catch up after so long. She had so few friends to speak of in Delumine, something Eulalie wished to change, but for now it was moments like this that she cherished. “Oh, let me guess,” she said with a smirk and a mischievous glint in her eye.

“I know! You’ve settled down in Solterra haven’t you? I certainly wouldn’t recommend it but hey…” Despite the mirth evident in her expression, within Eulalie could not help but be reminded of how Solterra was where they had actually met. She knew, of course, that Lyra did not live amongst those of Day Court. She knew all too well how the dark mare felt more comfortable among the stars and the night. “How does Denocte treat you, then?”

“Things have been alright,” she started, taking a moment to glance around them, “I love Delumine, it is so peaceful and I couldn’t imagine a more perfect place for me to get on my feet.” A smile was on her face, her fondness for the Court and all within and around it evident as she spoke of it. “I’ll admit, I haven’t gotten out as much as I should. Being kept away for so long, it was more difficult than I imagined it would be to just simply get back into the swing of things, but I think I’m finally getting there,” Eulalie looked to Lyra as her words poured from her, honest and true.

"Speaking."

@Lyra

Lyra

L   Y   R   A

Lyra couldn't help the small chuckle leaving her lips at the mention of her living in Solterra. The very idea of living there would have made the night kissed girl feel so out of place. A place for endless heat..among other things. It was the first place they had met though so in a way she was grateful for it, but that is as far as her gratitude went.

With a slight smile appearing over her face, she regarded her old friend for a moment. Eulalie looked good and..happy, something that Lyra was relieved to see for her friend. "The day I go to live in Solterra will be the day I lose my mind." Lyra chuckled once more, eyes a light with amusement. "Denocte is well. I think..I've found a family there, a purpose." She ventured to say with a small shrug of her shoulders. Her silver gaze glancing out at the field around them, listening as Eulalie spoke of Delumine. How much the other girl loved it here to which Lyra was glad to hear. Even though it had been sometime since they last saw each other, Lyra often wondered about the golden hued female. How she was doing and if she had found a home finally.

"I am glad to hear you found a place to call home. It can take time to feel ready to venture out into the world and frightening too." Lyra spoke with a slight tilt of her head as she looked back to Eulalie.

@Eulalie sorry for the wait!   
speech color!

space

Eulalie

“If it ever happens I swear to rescue you and get some sense into you,” Eulalie laughed lightly, enjoying herself, she found. She was at ease, her posture relaxed and a joy brightening her earth eyes. The ivory woman realized she had needed this. Needed to get out and to just be with friends. She told herself to do it more often, to make friends and to spread happiness. Eulalie thought if she could brighten just one other’s day then it would be enough for her. Perhaps, she thought, she had already accomplished that with Lyra here today. “I am so happy for you,” she said honestly, and it was easy to see a difference in her friend.

Lyra seemed more confident, more sure of herself. She, too, seemed happier than the last time they had seen each other. Time can do that. Time to settle and to find yourself, if you went searching. Eulalie did feel happier and more at peace in Delumine than she could remember ever being, even as a child. This place had really brought out the best in her, and she was more than prepared to take on the rest of her life. “You look good. Now that we know where each other is, we’ll have to write, huh?” The sunshine woman smiled, and then nodded at Lyra’s next words.

“You’re right, it can. Having sudden freedom is a real culture shock to the body,” she shook her head, the corner of her lips curled up. “But now that I’ve settled in more, it’s…” Eulalie paused, looking up to the sky, watching the wind drag the clouds and the birds fly, “It’s indescribable.”

"Speaking."

@Lyra