Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the UNICORN [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

"There was green alligators and long-necked geese,
Some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees,
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born,
The loveliest of all was the Unicorn."

Through the trees, through the plains that I recognized from when I first arrived here at Novus, I have emerged. OH JESUS BABY I HAVE EMERGED. (RIP the Russian Orthodox... I was a lost cause from the beginning, eh?) The sun beats down on my pelt, my scars taking up a light shimmer in the rays. I lift my head to the skies and drink in the sunlight. It's unforgiving, being in a land of sun. But the spring keeps the desert that I've entered cooler than it might be in the heat of the summer. My hooves kick up sand as I enter deeper into the desert, and I wonder if I'll find anyone here in this lost world. I think... I dunno. I don't expect to find the relic here, though. There's no way I can find it among the monstrous dunes that I see in the distance. I'll have to hope that it simply peeks out at me, or that somehow I can literally stumble upon it. Either way.. if I keep walking, I'll find some new place to explore. And so, I glance around me as I walk, but casually, not worrying about my search being too difficult. Why worry - hakuna matata! The sun blazes down but I keep on, keeping on, feeling more optimistic as I head east. Something just feels... good, here.

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Damascus

D A M A S C U S

[Image: tumblr_nia02x9g341r8da12o1_500__1__by_ne...bdorm8.gif]

FALLEN OUT OF BED FROM A LONG & WEARY DREAM

The pegasus had not truly been in a desert before, save for the time he'd met the shield-maiden Avdotya at the Oasis. It was an alien place to him, one that both unsettled and greatly intrigued him -- it left him pining for more, to find any deviation in such a flawless never-changing landscape of rolling sand hills and just... sand upon sand. His fascination was totally diverted, howeve,r when the chirping sound of a gent filled his ears - one with a poem.

"There was green alligators and long-necked geese,
The loveliest of all was the Unicorn."

Turning upon his hocks, Damascus looked toward the bloke reciting such a strange piece and found Rostislav again (of course), through this was not what caused his look of both wonder and bewilderment to strike his countenance.
"Ross-tee, story you finish must!" He spoke with a wide grin, gangly legs sending him forward and away from his relic hunt as he bounded toward the smaller but chunkier male in anticipation for the rest of the story. "Happen what unicorn to? Next happens which?" 

love, space

Rostislav

"Ross-tee, story you finish must!"

My name being called and a request make me turn my gaze in bewilderment. I had wondered if there was anyone out wondering the desert but I certainly didn't expect to find anyone. To my greater astonishment I KNOW the stallion that approaches - Damascus! The pretty, lanky pegasus bounds toward me and I turn to face him, a casual but sincere smile springing up on my maw. "Damascus!" I chuckle at his exuberance, feeling myself immediately become nearly as joyful. His interest in my song causes my eyes to brighten, my ears to perk. "You want to know more about the unicorn, eh?" Of course this song is a favorite of mine, one I heard in my travels. The tale of the unicorns and Noah's Ark. Not that I really know what an Ark is, or who Noah is (except in the brief reference of this tale), nor do I know who this very specific, almighty "God" is. But the tale is amusing and reminds me that I am no ordinary horse - I am a fantastical beast. Silver eyes roam over the large stallion's feathered appendages. Of course, he is just as fantastical as I. Though I do not possess any particular envy of those with wings, I've often wondered what it might be like.

"Well lad I can tell you more, it's a whole song!" And without a further moment's notice I burst into song again, finishing my tale.

Now God seen some sinnin' and it gave Him pain.
And He said, "Stand back, I'm going to make it rain."
He said, "Hey, brother Noah, I'll tell you what to do.
Build me a floating zoo."

And take some of them green alligators and long-necked geese,
Don't you forget my Unicorn."

Old Noah was there to answer the call,
He finished up making the Ark just as the rain started fallin',
He marched in the animals two by two
And he called out as they went through,
"Hey, Lord: I've got yer....

Green alligators and long-necked geese,
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn,
I just can't see no Unicorn."

Old Noah looked out into the driving rain,
Them Unicorns was hiding, playing silly games,
Kicking and splashing while the rain was pouring,
Oh, them silly Unicorns.

There was green alligators and long-necked geese,
Noah cried, "Close the doors 'cause the rain is pourin',
And we just can't wait for no Unicorns."

The Ark started movin', it drifted with the tide,
Them Unicorns looked up from the rock and they cried,
And the waters came down and sorta floated them away,
That's why you'll never see a Unicorn, to this very day.

You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese,
You're never gonna see no Unicorn.

I finish the song with a broad grin on my face. Those silly unicorns DIDN'T MAKE IT ON THE BOAT! I look eagerly at Damascus, my tail swishing with joy as I hope that he enjoys the song as much as I do.

Text text text.
"Words words words."
WC: irrelevant >_>
Tag: @Damascus
Comments: song is "The Unicorn", sung by The Irish Rovers, written by Shel Silverstein

Damascus

D A M A S C U S

[Image: tumblr_nia02x9g341r8da12o1_500__1__by_ne...bdorm8.gif]

FALLEN OUT OF BED FROM A LONG & WEARY DREAM

Ross-tee declared the name of the thunderous boy who approached and thankfully seemed just as delighted as Damascus, though it was as the shorter man questioned him over whether he'd like to hear more about the unicorns that Damascus gave a gruff and furious nod. Of course! 
Lowering his head and keenly poking his nose close to Ross-tees, Damascus allowed his ears forward and with interest as he awaited the rest of the song. 

Hardly a moment passed by before an entire song was recited before his eyes, and without even trying soon the boy was daintily bopping his head to the tune, his tail and feet soon to follow as he slowly paced in a circle around the bard. The young lad was soon to add his own hum and tune once he had figured out the rhyming notes and rhythm of the song, slowly bopping around Rostislav in what might only be described as a tribal fashion.

It was when the song ended that he too halted, looking with worry toward the unlikely bard. Well, the whole song was surely a lie - here a unicorn stood before him singing. "Plenty unicorns seen I" Damascus grumbled, stomping his hoof upon the sand "Tale you sing is true not, Ross-tee".

love, space

Maxence

M A X E N C E
A LION ROARS

"Soldier!" He boomed across the sand, his voice close to sweeping up as much sand as a desert storm. That brontide and boom was directed purely toward Rostislav, a stout warrior he recognised from the canyons and among the grounds of the day court. "Report" he soon cam to demand, striding with urgency past the strange black bird and his kooky dance - he had no time for this idiot, even if he had totally forgot he was no longer the commander of his army and he was now a common foot soldier once more. 

"Who is this?" He asked the other Day court warrior, eyes narrowing upon the gangly black bird. "Has the ballet arrived in the Day Court?" He soon chortled, gaze crossing over the black one's gold-stained hide. There were no laws preventing outsiders from drifting in and out of Solis's lands, though while Maxence was patrolling they ought to move on quickly. This one could be traced to the land of Dusk purely by the sea spray littered upon his coat and the cinnamon scent of fields at his hocks - what was he doing here? The relic was not here, Maxence was sure of that. If it was he'd know.

ooc; dont mind me just throwing all my charas in the same thread lmfao

☀︎

Rostislav

Rostislav
I chuckle and bow my head low, happy to receive the adoration of the young Damascus. I've enjoyed his participation in the telling of the ballad, and I wonder if this shall be a new sing-a-long for the children. But he points out the flaw in the logic of my story. For here I am presenting evidence that my story is a LIE. I nod in agreement with his assessment. "That's true! My tale is simply a fable, created by those who are not wise to the world!" I chuckle and make fun of whomever was stupid enough to make up a story where UNICORNS DIDN'T EXIST. But perhaps they're right - after all, I am not a unicorn. I have TWO horns (and some spikies on my face but whatever).

The jovial mood is abruptly interrupted by the arrival of someone who I realize is also vaguely familiar. Where I had greeted Damascus with elation, the approach of Maxence brought a bad flavor to my mouth. It wasn't his existence that insulted me. (He had not lingered in my life or mind long enough to make that sort of permanent mark.) No, it was the deliberate, forceful barking he threw in my direction. I stood up straighter and my presence may have seemed to grow as I frowned and pinned my ears.

The painted pegasus demanded to know what I had to 'report' and wanted to know the identity of the other stallion beside me. And then criticized our good time! A snarl built inside me, but unlike so many times before in my life, I did not bury it. It burst forth as I snapped my teeth at the pegasus and stamped a hoof into the ground. "I don't know who you think you are to IMAGINE ordering me around. This is my Comrade, and you should think again before insulting him AND ME as you do! How rude is it to interrupt and belittle our mirth!" My ears stay pinned and I glare at Maxence. This stallion must be daft to think to cross me with such attitude. I step in front of Damascus, blocking him with my own body. I do not offer his name to the conversation, thinking the request for it too unworthy of a true response. No, my resentment was the only response this rogue would receive!

Walk. Talk.
WC: 393
Tag: @Damascus

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit