Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Passing Through  - come down with me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vaella

V A E L L A

Golden hooves made soft clip, clop sounds as soft earth gave way to stone, and she approached the caverns with a skeptical eye. Her skin quivered in the cool air, her breath leaving her nose in puffs of white air. The small opening looked dark and uninviting, but it wasn't that the mare was worried about what might lie inside - she was hardly afraid of the dark - but she wasn't sure it looked any warmer than being outside. In the end she shrugged her elegant shoulders and slipped into the darkness. Even if it wasn't warmer, at least it would serve as some protection from the wind and rain - the clouds above looked like they were beginning to darken, and they crowded around the moon to block out its light every now and then.

The sound of her slow gait echoed in the darkness, and she was surprised to find that the caverns kept going and going. Her tail flicked back and forth, her sleek head swaying from one side to the other as she eyed up the sleek sides of the ancient walls. She knew she should stop. It would be easy to become lost in the dark, but she was intrigued. Who knew what she might find here. Or who she might find for that matter.

"speaking colour"

@Seraphina this is utter poop and I apologize xD But hey it's a starter!

space

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

☼ I'M READY FOR THE FIGHT & FATE ☼

--

The trek back from Veneror felt far longer than usual; when possessed by a worry that felt constant and consuming, time seemed to creep. When she had ascended the throne, she felt as though her life were moving forward too quickly. There wasn’t a moment to breathe. Now, she was trapped in the thirty seconds between noticing an assailant and finding his knife stuffed between her ribs. The Davke could return at any time, and each day with no sign of their presence multiplied her unease exponentially. Where was Avdotya? What was she planning? She didn’t know, and there was no one she could turn to for guidance, not even the sun god for whom she had once offered up her entire life. The rituals felt wrong, now. She could not send her people’s dead off to their patron without being reminded of his role in their deaths.

She pressed on through the Abigo Caves towards Solterra, shaking those thoughts out of her mind. There was neither time nor place for them now.

The sound of motion – the clatter of hooves? – ahead. Seraphina froze, tension running through her frame like a livewire; her last meeting in the caves had been pleasant, but she knew that she was far more likely to encounter an outlaw than a knight. The path ahead was dappled with patches of light from ancient torches. She didn’t know who lit them, particularly so recently, but they were welcome in such all-encompassing darkness.

She could make out the silhouette of a draconian creature – something about her was almost familiar, though she couldn’t quite place where she’d seen someone like her before. Seraphina could already tell that she wouldn’t be able to avoid whoever was standing just down the path, so she offered a reluctant, cautious, “Hello?” She thought that she could smell the faint, perfumed sweetness and smoke of Denocte, amongst the thick, damp musk of water and moss, and it gave her pause as she stepped into the light, the silver of her coat metallic against the flames.

tags || @Vaella
notes || <3

@

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vaella

V A E L L A

Vaella was enjoying her exploration, many of these caves were so different from home. The structures of home weren't anywhere near like the ones she was looking at now, she had to wonder..what happened to them? Who used to live here? Who ruled here once upon a time if anyone? Shaking her head a bit to get her long mane out of her eyes, she peered into the darkness. Her scales ruffled a bit as a sound reached her ears, the sound of hooves that weren't part of her own.

Turning her head slowly towards the voice that called out to her, orange-gold colored eyes peering through the darkness. She could vaguely make out the figure of another equine, not at all familiar to the princess but that was common ground for her here. She was after all the foreigner. "Hello." Vaella responded as the other came further into view, she turned herself fully so she could better face this stranger. "Forgive me if I'm in your way, I am new to these lands so I thought to explore a bit." Her voice was light and friendly enough, no hidden meaning behind her words as she regarded the woman before her now, curiosity evident in her eyes.

"speaking colour"

@Seraphina

space